Buyer unprofessional behavior

adnan_ahmed_bd

Hello everyone.
This is a strange incident. I got a order for website speed up and optimization. It was after discussing and before even talking about the order helped him with suggestion. Then we came to an agreement what but told me to send custom order to agency profile. I send order and worked on it almost more then a day. I did a lot more as I tried to help.

Now his website score in GTmetrix scores are like

page speed score- 88% (without optimizing photos because he told me not top do it)
Fully loaded time is- 2.8 to 3.3 sec (Its a E-commerce site and optimized with free plugins and free cdn)
page speed- 1.39mb

Pingdom Scores are

Load time- 1.5 s

page speed insights score - 91%

Even he told me before giving me the project this theme is very badly coded.

now he is telling me it’s not ok.

cookies free domain and DNS are not good because he is using free cloudflare.

Now what should I do. It’s my second order only, If he give me bad review I will not be able to send even buyer request.

Please help what should If he give me a bad order or cancel the order. Do fiverr supports seller??

Hello everyone.

This is a strange incident. I got a order for website speed up and optimization. It was after discussing and before even talking about the order helped him with suggestion. Then we came to an agreement what but told me to send custom order to agency profile. I send order and worked on it almost more then a day. I did a lot more as I tried to help.

Now his website score in GTmetrix scores are like

page speed score- 88% (without optimizing photos because he told me not top do it)

Fully loaded time is- 2.8 to 3.3 sec (Its a E-commerce site and optimized with free plugins and free cdn)

page speed- 1.39mb

Pingdom Scores are

Load time- 1.5 s

page speed insights score - 91%

Even he told me before giving me the project this theme is very badly coded.

now he is telling me it’s not ok.

cookies free domain and DNS are not good because he is using free cloudflare.

Now what should I do. It’s my second order only, If he give me bad review I will not be able to send even buyer request.

Please help what should If he give me a bad order or cancel the order. Do fiverr supports seller??

Do fiverr supports seller??

Yes Fiverr supports both sellers and buyers but the best thing to do is to communicate with your buyer,explain the situation , offer to … help him further if needed , if you want to be sure that you won’t receive a bad review you can suggest a mutual cancellation if that’s good for you , it depends … mutual cancellations can also affect your account.

I see that in your Gig you state the following:

Send me your website URL for free speed checking & my recommendations before you consider my gig.

It would be interesting to know more about this part, albeit GTMetrix is free for everyone to use; your could rather explain (and contextualize) the results to the buyer. As a buyer I would skip the Gig. Ten dollars for page caching and minification, no thanks.

Send me your website URL for free speed checking & my recommendations before you consider my gig.

It would be interesting to know more about this part, albeit GTMetrix is free for everyone to use; your could rather explain (and contextualize) the results to the buyer. As a buyer I would skip the Gig. Ten dollars for page caching and minification, no thanks.

Yyestor. Com

You check and please give me suggestion.

And It was a $50 project

You can wait to see what he gives you for a review or you can cancel the order. So that choice is yours. If he gives you a bad review fiverr won’t change it.

I can cancel the order. But I worked it for more then one day. Also the would not be problem. So his work is done, niw if I cancel the order then should restore the version before optimis?

From my side, it takes 5 seconds to load completely.
I’ve seen the waterfall and there is very little that you can do. The only setting that is considered relevant by GTMetrix is the Gzip compression - a web server directive. That’s the point. It’s no use to spend 50 dollars to speed up a site if you can’t substantially do anything to it. What was the loading time before, from the buyer’s country?

From my side, it takes 5 seconds to load completely.

I’ve seen the waterfall and there is very little that you can do. The only setting that is considered relevant by GTMetrix is the Gzip compression - a web server directive. That’s the point. It’s no use to spend 50 dollars to speed up a site if you can’t substantially do anything to it. What was the loading time before, from the buyer’s country?

its after my optimization. and I know very little to do cause I optimized. And about 5 seconds, It varies form time to for server. we can see it in pingdom as they shows wait time and recieve time.

Ok. Now one has to come to terms with a concept. If one sells a metric improvement it’s a thing. If one sells a web page speed improvement it’s another thing and it should be substantial. I spent a 50 to gain a mmaybe couple of seconds, this is what your buyer is probably thinking. Again, this should have been clarified during the preliminary discussion.

Wait a second. You optimized the site respect to what. What was the performance before…

I know that the response time varies, but you cite a single value as a result. You should know the range and declare that.

pardon, single value means?

and as per page speed insights- 38% to 91%

as per pingdom lode time- 8.9s to 1.5s

isn’t these important? I did more then the order as I wanted to help but seems like this make me unprofessional.

I asked $60 he requested me by telling me about fiverr charge. Now I did the job and s/he

turns.

Yeah maybe my fault. Even s/he didn’t asked and now s/he actually doesent what do or improve. so just told me do everything. I told to buy paid cdn buy s/he didn;t agree but saying do everything. I dont even know what ahould I do.

pardon, single value means?

and as per page speed insights- 38% to 91%

as per pingdom lode time- 8.9s to 1.5s

isn’t these important? I did more then the order as I wanted to help but seems like this make me unprofessional.

I asked $60 he requested me by telling me about fiverr charge. Now I did the job and s/he

turns.

Yeah maybe my fault. Even s/he didn’t asked and now s/he actually doesent what do or improve. so just told me do everything. I told to buy paid cdn buy s/he didn;t agree but saying do everything. I dont even know what ahould I do.

It means the 1,5 sec loading time you cited in the first post. The parameters - in my opinion - are not important if the buyer does not see in the end a real, tangible improvement. They would matter if the buyer asked explicitly to improve only those.

It means the 1,5 sec loading time you cited in the first post. The parameters - in my opinion - are not important if the buyer does not see in the end a real, tangible improvement. They would matter if the buyer asked explicitly to improve only those.

give me some suggestions. Is there any improvement opportunity to improve? What should I say to buyer.what would you do and what kind of improvement can be done.

how would I improve if there is no opportunity and he did gave me the job by discussing.

Other then perimeter how can I or he will see real tangible improvement to a optimization work.

give me some suggestions. Is there any improvement opportunity to improve? What should I say to buyer.what would you do and what kind of improvement can be done.

how would I improve if there is no opportunity and he did gave me the job by discussing.

Other then perimeter how can I or he will see real tangible improvement to a optimization work.

just told me do everything. I told to buy paid cdn buy s/he didn;t agree but saying do everything

This was your error. You are the expert in charge, if your opinion does not matter to them they can go fly a kite. You just can’t say this literally, you need to find a formula and provide a reason, like: save 50 bucks and find a decent hosting, then change theme, then keep in mind that if you rely on external resources for things like stylesheets and scripts some figures will always look bad. If you don’t do that chances are that they will not respect you and your work.

just told me do everything. I told to buy paid cdn buy s/he didn;t agree but saying do everything

This was your error. You are the expert in charge, if your opinion does not matter to them they can go fly a kite. You just can’t say this literally, you need to find a formula and provide a reason, like: save 50 bucks and find a decent hosting, then change theme, then keep in mind that if you rely on external resources for things like stylesheets and scripts some figures will always look bad. If you don’t do that chances are that they will not respect you and your work.

I did that mistake. First over did my work then let him berk.

Lesson learned, dont try to help or respect others. No one respects honesty and helping manner.

Thanks for letting me realize.

Very tough situation, I feel very bad for you even though I didn’t understand half of the tecnical terms you used :rofl:

It happens, I personally have the same situation with a client, and Fiverr really doesn’t support sellers a lot compared to the buyers. Still, your best bet would be to contact them, in very rare case, the review of the buyer will not be taken into account if Fiverr estimates that there’s good reasons the buyer was not clear and thorough.

Good luck bro

Very tough situation, I feel very bad for you even though I didn’t understand half of the tecnical terms you used :rofl:

It happens, I personally have the same situation with a client, and Fiverr really doesn’t support sellers a lot compared to the buyers. Still, your best bet would be to contact them, in very rare case, the review of the buyer will not be taken into account if Fiverr estimates that there’s good reasons the buyer was not clear and thorough.

Good luck bro

In this case, I think no chance. How would you justify optimization.

only can if all the score are perfect score. But we all know the reality.

so what did you do in that situation. If I cancel should I restore the previous unoptimized version? or just let them go after kicking me?

In this case, I think no chance. How would you justify optimization.

only can if all the score are perfect score. But we all know the reality.

so what did you do in that situation. If I cancel should I restore the previous unoptimized version? or just let them go after kicking me?

If I cancel should I restore the previous unoptimized version?

I would not touch anything anymore.

Archived