Frustrating situation with a repeat buyer

amirmallek

All right so I got this a repeat buyer for 2 years, no problems so far, he is a great and easy person to work with, but recently he wants to talk on s kype to explain something , I explained that is against Fiverr terms of service , he understood and said he will pay by Fiverr but want to explain on s kype, thing is, s kype and all outside communications is red line for me, I have refused countless projects because the person wants to live chat, how do you think I can explain to him " nicely" that I really don’t want talk on s kype even if Fiverr CS allows me to, like the whole point of Fiverr and this platform is to do work without face to face interactions, plus I have worked on numerous complex projects with only text/chat communication,I don’t think this will be far more complex to explain or will require a live chat. I really want to help him with his work, just he is been pushing the s kype request many times.

All right so I got this a repeat buyer for 2 years, no problems so far, he is a great and easy person to work with, but recently he wants to talk on s kype to explain something , I explained that is against Fiverr terms of service , he understood and said he will pay by Fiverr but want to explain on s kype, thing is, s kype and all outside communications is red line for me, I have refused countless projects because the person wants to live chat, how do you think I can explain to him " nicely" that I really don’t want talk on s kype even if Fiverr CS allows me to, like the whole point of Fiverr and this platform is to do work without face to face interactions, plus I have worked on numerous complex projects with only text/chat communication,I don’t think this will be far more complex to explain or will require a live chat. I really want to help him with his work, just he is been pushing the s kype request many times.

how do you think I can explain to him " nicely" that I really don’t want talk on s kype even if Fiverr CS allows me to

Say that outside communication is not allowed by Fiverr and that you don’t want to take any risks by doing so - I would also add the link of ToS. Then let it clear that if the buyer wants to communicate through Fiverr they are more than welcome and that you will be happy to help them.

Archived