Poll: Should sellers be able to accept and reject gigs before the delivery clock starts? Fiverr staff please take note!

prosoundvideo

Buyers  

224 members have voted

1. 1. Buyers

• YES - I am a BUYER and I think sellers should have the ability to accept or reject an order before the clock starts.
    • NO - I am a BUYER and sellers don’t need the ability to accept or reject orders before the clock starts

I am curious about the idea of instant gratification and the buyer immediately getting what they want.

Why do you think Amazon gets people’s orders out to them in two days? Has the idea that people want things immediately if not sooner not occurred to you?

The more time I spend answering questions from someone, the less likely they are to place an order.

This is not for OUR convenience. It is to give what the buyer wants and they want it fast.

They lose interest and move on if you delay them.

They lose interest and move on if you delay them.

yeah this in particular happen to me a couple of time, i talk to client about offer, we agree i send him plan of progress to follow for the marketing campaign only to disappear with the plan.

i guess he went and use it personally

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe the seller could be given a limited amount of time to accept/reject it and after that something predefined happens (eg. after a specified number of hours it could automatically get either accepted or maybe rejected, maybe depending on what the seller selects or whatever Fiverr decides).

Maybe the seller could be given a limited amount of time to accept/reject it and after that something predefined happens (eg. after a specified number of hours it could automatically get either accepted or maybe rejected, maybe depending on what the seller selects or whatever Fiverr decides).

I think that would be a good loophole. But I think allowing the ability to accept/reject orders would turn off buyers and cause sales to drop. Some buyers may not like to have to wait to have their orders accepted unless it is instantaneous.

I think it would be a better AND easier idea if Fiverr just allowed mutual cancellations to not affect our stats.

Update: Perhaps Fiverr can give the option to CERTAIN sellers with CERTAIN gigs to have the accept/deny option, such as Web Design, Voiceovers, etc.

For me, personally, accepting/denying orders wouldn’t affect me but I definitely sympathize with alot of other sellers receiving odd gigs/gigs that weren’t agreed upon before purchasing.

I think that would be a good loophole. But I think allowing the ability to accept/reject orders would turn off buyers and cause sales to drop. Some buyers may not like to have to wait to have their orders accepted unless it is instantaneous.

I think it would be a better AND easier idea if Fiverr just allowed mutual cancellations to not affect our stats.

Update: Perhaps Fiverr can give the option to CERTAIN sellers with CERTAIN gigs to have the accept/deny option, such as Web Design, Voiceovers, etc.

For me, personally, accepting/denying orders wouldn’t affect me but I definitely sympathize with alot of other sellers receiving odd gigs/gigs that weren’t agreed upon before purchasing.

Some buyers may not like to have to wait to have their orders accepted unless it is instantaneous.

Then those buyers could select another seller who didn’t use the accept/reject option. Not all sellers would have to use it.

Also for sellers with fast enough response times it may be almost instantaneous for those who use the feature - or within an hour or 2 depending on times zones etc.

Some buyers may not like to have to wait to have their orders accepted unless it is instantaneous.

Then those buyers could select another seller who didn’t use the accept/reject option. Not all sellers would have to use it.

Also for sellers with fast enough response times it may be almost instantaneous for those who use the feature - or within an hour or 2 depending on times zones etc.

That wouldn’t be a bad idea but if you think about it, that would limit your sales. Why would I go to a seller who has to accept/reject me, when there’s an identical seller right next door who will be more than happy to take my gig?

That wouldn’t be a bad idea but if you think about it, that would limit your sales. Why would I go to a seller who has to accept/reject me, when there’s an identical seller right next door who will be more than happy to take my gig?

It depends on the gig and the seller. If it’s a great seller who produces great work, people probably wouldn’t mind a bit of messaging before hand so that the seller knows they exactly what the buyer wants and has no problem doing it and the buyer knows that seller isn’t going to waste their time/money as that check beforehand is confirmation that they’re confident they can do exactly what the buyer requires. For high priced gigs probably especially it’s best to be sure the the seller knows exactly what the buyer requires at the order start time and can do that for the price asked.

Also the seller, by checking, can also give suggestions on alternatives if what the buyer asked isn’t really achievable or not achievable for the price or the required delivery date.

As I’ve stated the ability to accept/reject probably wouldn’t be a viable option. Buyers want things NOW. If a gig offer isn’t accepted instantaneously, they will seek gigs elsewhere.

The best option (and the only good viable option as far as I can recall) would be having mutual cancellations not to affect us anymore. I wish someone from Fiverr Support could elaborate on why this option was removed back then. The only thing I could think of is sellers abusing this option but still we shouldn’t be punished for having to accept gigs that we are unable to do.

It depends on the gig and the seller. If it’s a great seller who produces great work, people probably wouldn’t mind a bit of messaging before hand so that the seller knows they exactly what the buyer wants and has no problem doing it and the buyer knows that seller isn’t going to waste their time/money as that check beforehand is confirmation that they’re confident they can do exactly what the buyer requires. For high priced gigs probably especially it’s best to be sure the the seller knows exactly what the buyer requires at the order start time and can do that for the price asked.

Also the seller, by checking, can also give suggestions on alternatives if what the buyer asked isn’t really achievable or not achievable for the price or the required delivery date.

It depends on the gig and the seller. If it’s a great seller who produces great work, people probably wouldn’t mind a bit of messaging before hand

What if there are PLENTY of great sellers who don’t have the option of accepting/denying gigs? This idea just wouldn’t work. As a Fiverr seller, you want to maximize your profits and earnings - not limit them. If I’m a 5 star rated seller who is accepting/denying gigs, but there are 20 other great sellers, even BETTER sellers, who don’t have the option to accept/deny gigs, who do you think the buyer will go to?

As I’ve stated the ability to accept/reject probably wouldn’t be a viable option. Buyers want things NOW. If a gig offer isn’t accepted instantaneously, they will seek gigs elsewhere.

The best option (and the only good viable option as far as I can recall) would be having mutual cancellations not to affect us anymore. I wish someone from Fiverr Support could elaborate on why this option was removed back then. The only thing I could think of is sellers abusing this option but still we shouldn’t be punished for having to accept gigs that we are unable to do.

Buyers want things NOW.

Not all buyers want things now or buyers know that some things can’t be given to them now or within a day (for some services, if they want them done properly). Especially for high priced gigs (including Pro gigs). If the buyer knows it’s a very expensive gig and is going to take at least 7 days to do (maybe around 30 days), surely they won’t mind waiting a small amount of time for it to be accepted and so that the seller knows exactly what the buyer wants (or any alternatives the seller recommends) and that it isn’t going to be an issue for them and isn’t working on something that won’t be right for them.

Buyers want things NOW.

Not all buyers want things now or buyers know that some things can’t be given to them now or within a day (for some services, if they want them done properly). Especially for high priced gigs (including Pro gigs). If the buyer knows it’s a very expensive gig and is going to take at least 7 days to do (maybe around 30 days), surely they won’t mind waiting a small amount of time for it to be accepted and so that the seller knows exactly what the buyer wants (or any alternatives the seller recommends) and that it isn’t going to be an issue for them and isn’t working on something that won’t be right for them.

Not all buyers want things now . Especially for high priced gigs (including Pro gigs). If the buyer knows it’s a very expensive gig and is going to take at least 7 days to do (maybe around 30 days), surely they won’t mind waiting a small amount of time for it to be accepted and so that the seller knows exactly what the buyer wants etc. and isn’t working on something that won’t be right for them.

So let’s say you are a new buyer on Fiverr who wants a website made. You find a fantastic seller with great reviews, and you have your order sent out to the seller. It turns out you have to wait for the seller to accept/reject BEFORE the order goes through. You wait 2 days just to find out your order was rejected. How do you think that will make you feel? You would be pretty frustrated, wouldn’t you? Do you want frustrated buyers going on forums complaining about how redundant it is that they’ve waited 2 days just for their order to be rejected?

Buyers want things NOW.

If the buyer knows it’s a very expensive gig and is going to take at least 7 days to do (maybe around 30 days), surely they won’t mind waiting a small amount of time for it to be accepted

What does the price of a gig have to do with accepting/rejecting orders? I’ve seen plenty of cheap sellers offer great quality gigs and don’t take too long to be delivered.

If the buyer knows it’s a very expensive gig and is going to take at least 7 days to do (maybe around 30 days), surely they won’t mind waiting a small amount of time for it to be accepted

What does the price of a gig have to do with accepting/rejecting orders? I’ve seen plenty of cheap sellers offer great quality gigs and don’t take too long to be delivered.

Do you want frustrated buyers going on forums complaining about how redundant it is that they’ve waited 2 days just for their order to be rejected?

Then make the accept/reject need to be done in a day maybe a bit less. Maybe have the number of hours it will be done by shown before the order is made (maybe it’s selected by the seller).

If someone asks a seller to create 20 shots for a film, and it’s going to cost them hundreds of $ or more, would they care about waiting a short time for it to be accepted/rejected? They’d want to ensure the seller knows and can do exactly what they want. They wouldn’t just want to order it straight away. It’s too expensive. In that case they’d likely contact first though but for things like that it’s expensive enough and important enough for them not to just order straight away.

What does the price of a gig have to do with accepting/rejecting orders

Higher price=Usually more time spent on the gig, more risk to the buyer (eg. if the seller doesn’t give them exactly what they want). It could also be more risk to the seller in time and resources or costs to the seller. It would be a waste for a seller to spend days and lots of money rendering something that isn’t exactly what the buyer wanted eg. if the buyer didn’t specify it well enough in the requirements. The buyer could order something that just isn’t possible (as well as illegal). An accept/reject button could help there.

Do you want frustrated buyers going on forums complaining about how redundant it is that they’ve waited 2 days just for their order to be rejected?

Then make the accept/reject need to be done in a day maybe a bit less. Maybe have the number of hours it will be done by shown before the order is made (maybe it’s selected by the seller).

If someone asks a seller to create 20 shots for a film, and it’s going to cost them hundreds of $ or more, would they care about waiting a short time for it to be accepted/rejected? They’d want to ensure the seller knows and can do exactly what they want. They wouldn’t just want to order it straight away. It’s too expensive. In that case they’d likely contact first though but for things like that it’s expensive enough and important enough for them not to just order straight away.

What does the price of a gig have to do with accepting/rejecting orders

Higher price=Usually more time spent on the gig, more risk to the buyer (eg. if the seller doesn’t give them exactly what they want). It could also be more risk to the seller in time and resources or costs to the seller. It would be a waste for a seller to spend days and lots of money rendering something that isn’t exactly what the buyer wanted eg. if the buyer didn’t specify it well enough in the requirements. The buyer could order something that just isn’t possible (as well as illegal). An accept/reject button could help there.

Then make the accept/reject need to be done in a day maybe a bit less

So what if Fiverr allows to accept/reject orders to be done within 24 hours. You go to 10 sellers - one each day - and one by one they say “no”? It would just be time wasting on the buyer’s part.

Unless Fiverr allowed some sort of “1 hour accept/reject” that would be possible but what if I’m shopping or not on my phone and a possible customer automatically got rejected because I was, taking a shower?

It just wouldn’t work out. I still believe the mutual cancellation idea is far more easier and less complex to deal with.

Then make the accept/reject need to be done in a day maybe a bit less

So what if Fiverr allows to accept/reject orders to be done within 24 hours. You go to 10 sellers - one each day - and one by one they say “no”? It would just be time wasting on the buyer’s part.

Unless Fiverr allowed some sort of “1 hour accept/reject” that would be possible but what if I’m shopping or not on my phone and a possible customer automatically got rejected because I was, taking a shower?

It just wouldn’t work out. I still believe the mutual cancellation idea is far more easier and less complex to deal with.

You go to 10 sellers - one each day - and one by one they say “no”? It would just be time wasting on the buyer’s part.

One thing they could do if it would help the buyer is if there were multiple sellers who they thought could do the work they require, and they didn’t want to contact any of them first to be sure they were the right seller for the job, Fiverr could allow them to set the potential order up with multiple sellers at once. It could either be shown to each seller simultaneously or it could wait until one has rejected it before sending it to the next in the list or it could wait a certain amount of time before being shown to another person in the list and giving them a certain amount of time to accept/reject it.

edit: Or it might not be a full order, since different sellers can have different requirements, but it could be a bit like the buyer request section but it goes direct to the sellers the buyer selected with the full text of their request/requirements and any attachments for any of those sellers to accept/reject if they want.

Or maybe instead of just “accept/reject” there could also be a “More details required” option.

You go to 10 sellers - one each day - and one by one they say “no”? It would just be time wasting on the buyer’s part.

One thing they could do if it would help the buyer is if there were multiple sellers who they thought could do the work they require, and they didn’t want to contact any of them first to be sure they were the right seller for the job, Fiverr could allow them to set the potential order up with multiple sellers at once. It could either be shown to each seller simultaneously or it could wait until one has rejected it before sending it to the next in the list or it could wait a certain amount of time before being shown to another person in the list and giving them a certain amount of time to accept/reject it.

edit: Or it might not be a full order, since different sellers can have different requirements, but it could be a bit like the buyer request section but it goes direct to the sellers the buyer selected with the full text of their request/requirements and any attachments for any of those sellers to accept/reject if they want.

Or maybe instead of just “accept/reject” there could also be a “More details required” option.

Fiverr could allow them to set the potential order up with multiple sellers at once

And if they all accept the order then you have multiple orders for the same thing? Or then you have all of them saying they can do that and then you have to decide, make that big decision on which one to choose. 😬

It sounds like a great way to waste a lot of time while nothing is getting done. Your project ends up being scouting for the perfect one to do your project and it can go on endlessly. :spiral_calendar:

No one ever gets hired. No one ever gets chosen. Every other day, for months, you send your project brief to ten sellers and then settle back on the sofa, and wait to see what they say. 🛋️

It’s a procrastinator’s dream. It is a way to take making a decision out of your own hands and put it into the hands of others while you are able to sit back and not worry about it.

It reminds me of a recent suggestion to make fiverr responsible for deciding what kind of gigs we should sell based on the tests we take; let fiverr make the decisions. Let the sellers make the decision for you. I see a pattern here.

Fiverr could allow them to set the potential order up with multiple sellers at once

And if they all accept the order then you have multiple orders for the same thing? Or then you have all of them saying they can do that and then you have to decide, make that big decision on which one to choose. 😬

It sounds like a great way to waste a lot of time while nothing is getting done. Your project ends up being scouting for the perfect one to do your project and it can go on endlessly. :spiral_calendar:

No one ever gets hired. No one ever gets chosen. Every other day, for months, you send your project brief to ten sellers and then settle back on the sofa, and wait to see what they say. 🛋️

It’s a procrastinator’s dream. It is a way to take making a decision out of your own hands and put it into the hands of others while you are able to sit back and not worry about it.

It reminds me of a recent suggestion to make fiverr responsible for deciding what kind of gigs we should sell based on the tests we take; let fiverr make the decisions. Let the sellers make the decision for you. I see a pattern here.

This would be a project management nightmare for both sellers and buyers, on top of the costs to their business.

• 1 month later...

I started a discussion too. Many people against the feature don’t know why they are against it or they have weak arguments. I also created a simple visual document to show how easy this kind of optional feature would be for a gig.

That could work but also white-listing buyers who have bought before could mean that if they decided to order something without contacting you about it first, it might automatically allow that order even if the white-listed buyer decided to order something beyond what they normally buy (eg. the new order might be something that could be against copyright law/the TOS or beyond what you can deliver in the time they want or for the price they want (given that buyers can put almost anything in the gig requirements section).

That could work but also white-listing buyers who have bought before could mean that if they decided to order something without contacting you about it first, it might automatically allow that order even if the white-listed buyer decided to order something beyond what they normally buy (eg. the new order might be something that could be against copyright law/the TOS or beyond what you can deliver in the time they want or for the price they want (given that buyers can put almost anything in the gig requirements section).

It would be up to you to toggle it on and off after they had bought the gig. Obviously there are ways around that if you wanted to make the system more ‘feature full’. But it would work as a temporary solution. Once you received an order you could just leave them whitelisted (I would do that for some of my buyers that I have worked with before even though they already know how important it is to work closely with me via contact and I know they wouldn’t random order.) Or I’d toggle it off just as easy as I press the star button to ensure they know to contact me back again for another gig.

I have my full arguments in this post, in the comment section.

The post with arguments for and against.

This accept-reject order will NEVER happen because…

Seller receives order - cancels it - buyer is like “WTF?? Okay where is my refund” - They get their refund MINUS Fiver fee - buyer becomes enraged because they not only got their order canceled - they also lose the Fiverr fee - if this scenario is AFTER OCT.11th - then the buyer ALSO loses the paypal transaction fee as Paypal will not be refunding their fee - Buyer then sees that they lost money twice and didn’t even get their order accepted - Buyer gets depressed and needs a drink.

then I guess payment should only be done after both party agrees the terms

this would be really great, because I’m having such a headache right now, buyers request an order without discussion and which is lower priced, plus I always have couple ongoing gigs and I always have to time it one by one, now if I get an order all of a sudden, that’s really a problem for me also the not agreed price

Archived