100% of buyers reaching out to me are scammers

emersonius

I am a seller on fiverr. Why is it that literally every single person who has reached out to me since I’ve started my account is someone trying to get me to help them create multiple accounts and claiming they will pay me hundreds of dollars a month? I’m sick and tired of this I just want to do my music mixing gigs for people and I’m beyond frustrated with every time I think I’ve got a customer, it turns out to be some scammer trying to solicit me. Does anyone know how to stop this?

You can’t really do more than report them and hope that word gets around that nobody falls for that and that people will report them and it’s just a waste of their time, and that Fiverr has and uses ways to ban that and any future accounts they try to register.

It probably will get better, the older your account is. They usually target new people mostly. When your account is older, you’ll get more of the “please guide me how to sell” spam to make up for that, they seem to think successful sellers have nothing to do, are bored, and need more messages in their inbox, and someone to bring down their conversion rate.

As for getting actual buyers, your gigs look pretty good to me, you’ll certainly get some sales soon as long as there’s a demand for what you’re offering. Maybe check if you did everything you can to optimize, it seems you only used 3 tags on one and 4 on the other gig, while you can use 5. Make sure you have as many as possible key phrases that buyers might search for when looking for a service like yours, in SEO title, short and long gig description and tags. Buyers can, will only contact you if they actually see your gig when browsing your category, or find you via search.

Welcome to the forum and all the best for getting an actual buyer soon!

I am a seller on fiverr. Why is it that literally every single person who has reached out to me since I’ve started my account is someone trying to get me to help them create multiple accounts and claiming they will pay me hundreds of dollars a month? I’m sick and tired of this I just want to do my music mixing gigs for people and I’m beyond frustrated with every time I think I’ve got a customer, it turns out to be some scammer trying to solicit me. Does anyone know how to stop this?

Why is it that literally every single person who has reached out to me since I’ve started my account is someone trying to get me to help them create multiple accounts and claiming they will pay me hundreds of dollars a month?

The reason is you are a new seller and scammers prey on new sellers because many of them are gullible. Once the usual 😈 have tested you they usually go away and leave you alone.

Have you made any Quick Responses for this type of buyer? Here is one of mine.

Anytime you contact a seller via their inbox to ask for work it is Spam. 🙁

Not only that it wastes the time of the seller. 😕

I suggest you stop this practice to ensure you do not lose your account. 😵

You will be reported. 🤨

Another one I have is:

Salutations username

Thanks for contacting me. Unfortunately, your request doesn’t align with the service that I offer. In fact, it does not align with any of my services! Apologies if this hadn’t seemed clear to you after reading my gig descriptions. I suggest you stop looking for sellers who might fall for this silly scam.

*By the time you have finished reading this, I have already blocked and reported your account! *

Best of luck and have a wonderful (not really) day! 🤨

Be sure to always answer the spam type messages because even though Fiverr says you do not need to it is better to be safe than sorry.

PS: You are welcome to use my Quick Responses. 😉

Why is it that literally every single person who has reached out to me since I’ve started my account is someone trying to get me to help them create multiple accounts and claiming they will pay me hundreds of dollars a month?

The reason is you are a new seller and scammers prey on new sellers because many of them are gullible. Once the usual 😈 have tested you they usually go away and leave you alone.

Have you made any Quick Responses for this type of buyer? Here is one of mine.

Anytime you contact a seller via their inbox to ask for work it is Spam. 🙁

Not only that it wastes the time of the seller. 😕

I suggest you stop this practice to ensure you do not lose your account. 😵

You will be reported. 🤨

Another one I have is:

Salutations username

Thanks for contacting me. Unfortunately, your request doesn’t align with the service that I offer. In fact, it does not align with any of my services! Apologies if this hadn’t seemed clear to you after reading my gig descriptions. I suggest you stop looking for sellers who might fall for this silly scam.

*By the time you have finished reading this, I have already blocked and reported your account! *

Best of luck and have a wonderful (not really) day! 🤨

Be sure to always answer the spam type messages because even though Fiverr says you do not need to it is better to be safe than sorry.

PS: You are welcome to use my Quick Responses. 😉

Thank you so much! At the very least it’s very validating to know I’m not alone in this. You’ve been very kind in your response and I really appreciate that 🙂

I will definitely be using your responses! Thanks again.

Best,

~Emerson

You can’t really do more than report them and hope that word gets around that nobody falls for that and that people will report them and it’s just a waste of their time, and that Fiverr has and uses ways to ban that and any future accounts they try to register.

It probably will get better, the older your account is. They usually target new people mostly. When your account is older, you’ll get more of the “please guide me how to sell” spam to make up for that, they seem to think successful sellers have nothing to do, are bored, and need more messages in their inbox, and someone to bring down their conversion rate.

As for getting actual buyers, your gigs look pretty good to me, you’ll certainly get some sales soon as long as there’s a demand for what you’re offering. Maybe check if you did everything you can to optimize, it seems you only used 3 tags on one and 4 on the other gig, while you can use 5. Make sure you have as many as possible key phrases that buyers might search for when looking for a service like yours, in SEO title, short and long gig description and tags. Buyers can, will only contact you if they actually see your gig when browsing your category, or find you via search.

Welcome to the forum and all the best for getting an actual buyer soon!

Thanks for your response. It’s good to know others understand what’s going on. I’ll definitely be taking your advice forward. I’ll take another look at my gigs and do the best I can to optimize. Thanks for taking the time to look and let me know what I can be doing better. 🙂

Archived