How to spread the word about bad customer experience

cybermarketingc

I need advise. It is not related to fivrr. What is wrong with it?

Why are you asking for advice here that’s unrelated to Fiverr?

We’re not here to dole out free marketing advice about anything, especially not about how to slander a company. Honestly…

And it’s absurd to try to fund a project whose purpose is to defame someone. You don’t know how marketing works, clearly, so this would be a waste of your money and no one would help you finance it anyway. There’s your free unrelated advice. Take care.

Why are you asking for advice here that’s unrelated to Fiverr?

We’re not here to dole out free marketing advice about anything, especially not about how to slander a company. Honestly…

And it’s absurd to try to fund a project whose purpose is to defame someone. You don’t know how marketing works, clearly, so this would be a waste of your money and no one would help you finance it anyway. There’s your free unrelated advice. Take care.

And it’s absurd to try to fund a project whose purpose is to defame someone.

I’m so pleased I’m not the only one who sees this request this way!

I ave a bad customer experience purchasing items from an online retailer. They have embedded restricted policies in their terms and conditions which makes it impossible to have exchanges or returns for customer orders even if they sent you the wrong items.

I contacted their customer support, and they were very rude and refused to help. I need to warn other customers about these policies.

I will fund a project for this purpose but I wonder if I can do this. Any thoughts?

I ave a bad customer experience purchasing items from an online retailer. They have embedded restricted policies in their terms and conditions which makes it impossible to have exchanges or returns for customer orders even if they sent you the wrong items.

I contacted their customer support, and they were very rude and refused to help. I need to warn other customers about these policies.

Surely the logical takeaway from this would be to start reading the terms and conditions you agree to when dealing with a company? It seems a much better, more useful, less costly and overall sensible thing to do rather than try take down a company which, as you said, had warned you that returns and refunds aren’t allowed.

That, and/or start paying for things with Paypal so you can do a chargeback when a company doesn’t do what they are supposed to.

And it’s absurd to try to fund a project whose purpose is to defame someone.

I’m so pleased I’m not the only one who sees this request this way!

Yes! Using social media as a vendetta never goes well, partly because it won’t convert views into actions, but also because when you have a vendetta, you aren’t thinking strategically. You’re letting your heart rate determine your decisions.

It’s also just terrible for your brand. Who wants to work with someone/a company that acts this way?

I don’t understand why people invest money to do initiatives that they don’t understand. I’ve seen that a lot.

Thanks for everyone posted a positive advise. Lot’s if good ideas… I particularly liked the Twitter one.
The following is a long story. Stop reading if you are not interested in details.

Now for people who emphasized with that company… Especially who turned hostile blindly taking one side for no reason… Here is what happened. That was a company brought to me via t-mobile Tuesday treats. They sent me a pair of socks as a gift included among other stuff t-mobile give Away every week. When i received that they included an invitation to try a monthly subscription where they will send me few clothing items every month based on my style. And for the first month they are throwing 75$ package and they will only charge the shipping. They asked me to try the service based on that offer and since i could cancel and the first package is almost free, i signed up.
I entered details about my style and I stressed on some facts like i only wear long sleeves and i am in my 40s.
Few days later, i received the package… And to my surprise… It was full of cheap t-shirts… Obviously half sleeves and a srupid hat. I checked my credit card statement and found that they charged me 93$.
Tried to call them… Wrong number.
Emailed them… They responded saying there are no returns and the 75$ promotion was not applied for some reason. I asked to return and refund. They refused. I asked to at least exchange with items of my style which they completely ignored. They said they only change sizes.
I lost my money and I feel i should warn other people of that company. Now whether you put the fault on me or not I am asking here for idea on HOW to do it. You don’t need to judge and you don’t need to comment but I feel doing nothing about it makes me feel worse.

Thanks for everyone posted a positive advise. Lot’s if good ideas… I particularly liked the Twitter one.

The following is a long story. Stop reading if you are not interested in details.

Now for people who emphasized with that company… Especially who turned hostile blindly taking one side for no reason… Here is what happened. That was a company brought to me via t-mobile Tuesday treats. They sent me a pair of socks as a gift included among other stuff t-mobile give Away every week. When i received that they included an invitation to try a monthly subscription where they will send me few clothing items every month based on my style. And for the first month they are throwing 75$ package and they will only charge the shipping. They asked me to try the service based on that offer and since i could cancel and the first package is almost free, i signed up.

I entered details about my style and I stressed on some facts like i only wear long sleeves and i am in my 40s.

Few days later, i received the package… And to my surprise… It was full of cheap t-shirts… Obviously half sleeves and a srupid hat. I checked my credit card statement and found that they charged me 93$.

Emailed them… They responded saying there are no returns and the 75$ promotion was not applied for some reason. I asked to return and refund. They refused. I asked to at least exchange with items of my style which they completely ignored. They said they only change sizes.

I lost my money and I feel i should warn other people of that company. Now whether you put the fault on me or not I am asking here for idea on HOW to do it. You don’t need to judge and you don’t need to comment but I feel doing nothing about it makes me feel worse.

Your circumstances have no impact on our advice.

There’s no circumstance that makes what you suggested a good idea. None.

Alright. We agree to disagree then. Your openion won’t change anything. None.

My informed opinion won’t change what?

Not to get arrogant, but I think I know more about social media marketing than you do. If you’d like to avoid professional advice because you know better, be my guest. I’m sorry I tried to help you.

What you describe is surprisingly common. Years ago, I signed up to a mail-order wine club. For an initial £50, they would send you a selection of top trending international wines. There was no commitment to become a monthly subscriber to their service. However, even after the initial trial month, the price was only £70.

I was happy with the first wine box. I’m also not an alcoholic. I was trying to be clever and stock a few premium “wines of the month” in a restaurant I was managing for as little money as possible. 😉

Sadly, when the second box arrived, it was like the company had scoured the cheapest supermarkets in the UK for the nastiest wines possible. They also charged me £150.

Long story short, businesses like this usually always lure you with a few nice items at a rock-bottom price, before later selling you excess stock that they can’t sell otherwise. They also always cover all their bases from a legal perspective in their terms of service.

You can complain. You can leave reviews on blogs, social media, and websites like trust pilot. However, trying to pay to get a message trending on social media that this company is awful won’t work.

If such an attempt is successful, it would only lead to the company starting to investigate the legitimacy of a campaign. If they find that likes, shares, comments, etc, have been paid for (which is surprisingly easy to do) they will take action. This is how Amazon was able to sue several Fiverr sellers a few years ago and why Fiverr does not permit participation in campaigns like the one you are proposing.

Conversely, if you can build organic (non-paid) momentum around a campaign, you might have a chance of getting your point across.

If they published their terms of service on the site then how are they to blame if what they did falls within their own terms of service? Not that what they are doing is right. But those terms of service tell you what they do. So how can you complain when they told you what they do in advance?

For example:

Our terms of service: What we send you might not be to your liking or be what you asked for, but we never give refunds for any reason. By using this site you agree to these terms.

So now you are going to start a smear campaign against them for sending you stuff you didn’t ask for and don’t like? That doesn’t make sense. But if you do I hope you keep us informed on how it goes.

It sounds like you signed up for a mystery grab bag that didn’t specify exactly what you would be getting.

That was a company brought to me via t-mobile Tuesday treats.

If you want to get back at the company then I’d suggest getting on to T-Mobile and explaining how your trust in their commendations has been eroded and that when they sell/supply your data to third parties you would prefer them to check that they are reputable third parties. It might make T-Mobile think twice about allowing the company use their commendation service again which would hurt a lot more than a few random people saying they are bad on social media.

I’d also check with your credit card company about the fact you were overcharged for something because most will take action similar to how PayPal would.

That was a company brought to me via t-mobile Tuesday treats.

If you want to get back at the company then I’d suggest getting on to T-Mobile and explaining how your trust in their commendations has been eroded and that when they sell/supply your data to third parties you would prefer them to check that they are reputable third parties. It might make T-Mobile think twice about allowing the company use their commendation service again which would hurt a lot more than a few random people saying they are bad on social media.

I’d also check with your credit card company about the fact you were overcharged for something because most will take action similar to how PayPal would.

I’d suggest getting on to T-Mobile and explaining how your trust in their commendations has been eroded and that when they sell/supply your data to third parties you would prefer them to check that they are reputable third parties

This sounds like a great idea. My guess is a bored underpaid employee somewhere who sends out letters about any complaints would fire off a generic message to him and that would be the end of it. Basically there is nothing he can do in his quest for revenge that would matter. All he can do is tell his credit card company what happened and try for a refund.

I hope you do a credit card chargeback or file for a refund through Paypal. In my own case, I actually received another umbrella from the company in question. But, it’s clearly a cheap knock off copy. Now I have two duds that may last me to the end of the year. Lesson learned. I’m extremely careful where I order online items from now. I always laugh when someone hires me to write a blog article for “their fantastic product”. Like that’s going to make anyone rich, particularly when you’re running a new website that has no address, no contact details, and only about 20 products. Or, you’re doing drop shipping but there’s the old bait and switch to a cheaper product. Anyway, remember, “shop local”. You always know what you’re getting when you can touch it and see it in real life. (Maybe taste it if it’s wine?)

Archived