I think the buyer is a freebie posing as a big company

walionthewall

I am new to fiverr and today i got my first message from a person who said that he is from a big company and needs editing of 400 photos,but first I have to pass the assessment.I edited two images and sent it to him.He said congrats you passed and now do the final task.We will get in touch with you once our HR assesses you.Tomorrow is our holiday so we will get back to you on Friday if you got selected.

What exactly is going on guys?

Do companies ask for assessment samples without paying on fiverr ?

Some do, but it’s not necessary and not appropriate. They can do a smaller order with you first if they want to ensure you are a good fit. What you’re describing is often just their way of getting free work. You don’t owe anyone anything for free.

No legimate large company would describe themselves that way. It’s pretty clearly a scam.

You really need to be more savvy. Scammers are prevalent here and you’re opening yourself up to it.

Some do, but it’s not necessary and not appropriate. They can do a smaller order with you first if they want to ensure you are a good fit. What you’re describing is often just their way of getting free work. You don’t owe anyone anything for free.

No legimate large company would describe themselves that way. It’s pretty clearly a scam.

You really need to be more savvy. Scammers are prevalent here and you’re opening yourself up to it.

Yeah I doubted it all along,but him being my first ever customer here I fell for it.Well I will take it as a life lesson, report him and move on.I hope fivver makes it more transparent and simpler for both parties.

Yeah I doubted it all along,but him being my first ever customer here I fell for it.Well I will take it as a life lesson, report him and move on.I hope fivver makes it more transparent and simpler for both parties.

It’s fairly simple: make sure they always place an order before you do anything at all for them.

It was transparently a scam. A scammer knew you were new and tried to capitalize on that.

Fiverr can’t protect you from your own ignorance. You need to have your guard up.

It was transparently a scam. A scammer knew you were new and tried to capitalize on that.

Fiverr can’t protect you from your own ignorance. You need to have your guard up.

it does seem pretty clear that it was a scam but it didn’t a couple of hours ago.A newbie will always be ignorant to many factors and also the frauds and they will get scammed in the future as well if it stayed that way.I am not saying fiverr must do it what i mean is that there is a room for improvement.

Archived