New social media client wants me to join their Facebook group

michael428

Hi,

I have a new a new buyer for my social media manager gig and they are wanting me to join the Facebook Group and post from my account rather then use their account.

Would this break any rules or TOS since we aren’t allowed to communicate outside of fiverr? What do you suggest?

They’re paying you to do something and asking you to fulfill it as yourself, which is misleading and biased to viewers. It’s a very sketchy thing to ask someone to do. What is the purpose of this?

So yes, it breaks ToS for this and other reasons. This is either a scammer or an unscrupulous business person who would probably try to take advantage of you, anyway.

They’re paying you to do something and asking you to fulfill it as yourself, which is misleading and biased to viewers. It’s a very sketchy thing to ask someone to do. What is the purpose of this?

So yes, it breaks ToS for this and other reasons. This is either a scammer or an unscrupulous business person who would probably try to take advantage of you, anyway.

Should I recommend sending them the social media images and text in a file or would it be acceptable to get their logins to manage the page? I just want to do what is right. Thank you.

Should I recommend sending them the social media images and text in a file or would it be acceptable to get their logins to manage the page? I just want to do what is right. Thank you.

Well, no. As I said, it’s unethical. Even if you’re sending them something instead of logging in yourself, you’re still facilitating an unethical buyer while also opening yourself up to exploitation, which I’m sure they would try on you. This also wouldn’t achieve what they’re setting out to achieve anyway.

This is clearly a very sketchy person/request and you shouldn’t even consider doing marketing or communications related jobs if you can’t see how messed up this request is and you also aren’t seeing how ineffective this job would be. It wouldn’t help them accomplish anything at all. This isn’t how social media works and if you want to do social media work, you should see that. If you had the necessary aptitude, you wouldn’t need to ask this question.

Archived