Misleading feedback

adriaana

I recently delivered a job for a client, but after going through the feedback, I figured their review was false and misleading.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t meet up with deadline due to the time difference on my end. I requested for a 24 hour delivery time extension so I can complete the task, but the buyer never responded. I don’t have any issues with that. I made sure I delivered the job within the 24 hours timeframe.

The bone of contention is that the buyer claimed that they did not receive anything on their feedback.

At first, I thought it was a bug, but on checking the order page, the file was attached.

I’m not against buyer dissatisfaction, but all I want is for them to say it as it is.

Does anyone have a similar experience?

Of course, one of the reasons why I gave up from my old account with really good scores was this one. Clients started to be not fair, but not fair a loooot. I mean, Client sent me message, we talk ok, communication was great, he ordered work, time frame was 5 days and I delivered 6 hours before deadline. He told me, “Man, this code is super clean and this plugin is perfect, thanks a lot… … …” end then I saw he gave me 3 stars 😃

I got several experience with failed attachment files.
When my client ask for revisions and send me an image, the first one usually had an error (can’t see the files). Need to ask my client to resend them again…, which is very inconvenient.

Have report this bug to fiverr, but didn’t see any improvement untill now.

Personally, i think fiverr still had alot of bug need to be fixed.

Of course, one of the reasons why I gave up from my old account with really good scores was this one. Clients started to be not fair, but not fair a loooot. I mean, Client sent me message, we talk ok, communication was great, he ordered work, time frame was 5 days and I delivered 6 hours before deadline. He told me, “Man, this code is super clean and this plugin is perfect, thanks a lot… … …” end then I saw he gave me 3 stars 😃

Well, some buyers are insatiable

I got several experience with failed attachment files.

When my client ask for revisions and send me an image, the first one usually had an error (can’t see the files). Need to ask my client to resend them again…, which is very inconvenient.

Have report this bug to fiverr, but didn’t see any improvement untill now.

Personally, i think fiverr still had alot of bug need to be fixed.

But they never asked me to resend the file. I’d have done that without hesitation

It’s your responsibility to meet deadlines. I changed my delivery timelines from 3 days to 5 days because I love having a bigger time cushion, and I want to give clients a chance to see my work before clicking “deliver now.”

If your client was able to leave feedback, that means you clicked “deliver now” without delivering anything. If you had not done that, maybe the client would have cancelled the order, if enough time passes. Instead, you tried to buy yourself more time, maybe sent a request for more time, and got ignored. So think twice about click “deliver now” unless you have work that’s complete.

It’s your responsibility to meet deadlines. I changed my delivery timelines from 3 days to 5 days because I love having a bigger time cushion, and I want to give clients a chance to see my work before clicking “deliver now.”

If your client was able to leave feedback, that means you clicked “deliver now” without delivering anything. If you had not done that, maybe the client would have cancelled the order, if enough time passes. Instead, you tried to buy yourself more time, maybe sent a request for more time, and got ignored. So think twice about click “deliver now” unless you have work that’s complete.

CS won’t remove the feedback if I had delivered an incomplete work at first. Its against the TOS

I’ve been here long enough to make such silly mistakes.

And sometimes, there are circumstances beyond human control and that’s why we have the option to extend delivery time in the first place. Things don’t go the way you planned all the time.

CS won’t remove the feedback if I had delivered an incomplete work at first. Its against the TOS

I’ve been here long enough to make such silly mistakes.

And sometimes, there are circumstances beyond human control and that’s why we have the option to extend delivery time in the first place. Things don’t go the way you planned all the time.

CS rarely removes feedback, unless the buyer users profanity.

I totally get that life happens, but we rarely get any special breaks on Fiverr or anywhere else.

My advice to you is forget about the bad feedback you got, it’s all in the past. If you look at my reviews, some are truly horrible, and yet I’m still here.

My only regret is that some life lessons took me years to learn. Lateness was never my issue, but customer service was.

CS rarely removes feedback, unless the buyer users profanity.

I totally get that life happens, but we rarely get any special breaks on Fiverr or anywhere else.

My advice to you is forget about the bad feedback you got, it’s all in the past. If you look at my reviews, some are truly horrible, and yet I’m still here.

My only regret is that some life lessons took me years to learn. Lateness was never my issue, but customer service was.

You’re quoting me out of context.

I’m not against buyers leaving bad review. My point here is that the buyer claimed that they didn’t find any attached file on checking the order page which is totally untrue.

Buyer was only trying to communicate with me but did it the wrong way.

If the buyers review was about the task itself or job quality then I’m ok with it.

You’re quoting me out of context.

I’m not against buyers leaving bad review. My point here is that the buyer claimed that they didn’t find any attached file on checking the order page which is totally untrue.

Buyer was only trying to communicate with me but did it the wrong way.

If the buyers review was about the task itself or job quality then I’m ok with it.

Honesty, I agree from the point of the skewed power dynamic here but disagree considering that customer service should be part of you process; so completing the job to a high quality as well as ensuring that the work is completed early, to go become what the customer expects is the goal. Other than that communication and general good customer service is required. Just completing jobs doesn’t do much; it has to be a pleasant experience all the way through.

Archived