Buyer and seller do not have same vision. advice how to proceed

tamilavelle

I do not wish to offend my seller but I think it is impossible to get on same page for my logo design. I picked the seller based on his gig(I believe you call it?) which was bold colors and strong designs. What I received was pastels and feminine fonts. So I requested to start again, described and sent him his gig so he would know what I was looking at. He sent back same colors, only darker. Same feminine fonts… 3 revisions is all that is allowed. He has submitted 2. I think this is just not a good match here. and I do not want to waste his or my time. I would like refund and find another. I also do not wish to hurt his feelings. How to proceed from here please?

Did you give the seller instructions initially?
Does what they delivered match what you asked for?

You can’t simply cancel because you don’t like something - the seller has put time into it.
However if you said you wanted apples and got oranges and the seller is unable or unwilling to change it then you can request a cancellation however they may feel that they have delivered what you requested, especially if your instructions were ambiguous or could be interpreted differently.

I understand your problem and based on what you said, it sounds like what you got did not match what his examples showed. I think you should request a refund based on this. Usually you have to accept whatever you get whether you like it or not however, so you might just be stuck with the feminine logos. But it’s worth a try.

He clearly has little understanding of color unless it wasn’t communicated properly.
If you don’t want to hurt his feelings (wow…where does someone find a client like you?) you can browse through the web and look for fonts and colors you like and ask him to change them in the next revision but it would be highly inefficient since you will be doing the work you paid for
Try looking for someone who knows what they are doing next time, you have a lot of those to choose from in logo design category.

Archived