Delivered, not paid and blocked

ankman5

Our friend is lost.

@ankman5 I understand how bad you feel now but if you think that you did all as you should do, then just wait for that reply from the support team and hopefully, you will get a more clear view about this issue. The best I can wish is that you can sort out things and be paid, but anyway, head up and continue working full power. You are now more experienced after this problem.

Hey, I have to commend you on how you responded to his post. It’s obvious he is confused, and you showed compassion where a lot of others didn’t. Sometimes things just don’t click, it happens to the best of us. 👍

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Our friend is lost.

@ankman5 I understand how bad you feel now but if you think that you did all as you should do, then just wait for that reply from the support team and hopefully, you will get a more clear view about this issue. The best I can wish is that you can sort out things and be paid, but anyway, head up and continue working full power. You are now more experienced after this problem.

Good, compassionate, understanding response. It’s all one can ask for when they post on here. The OP doesn’t seem to understand/speak English all that well ( I could be wrong) and thus figuring out the process and where he went wrong is proving to be challenging for him.

Good, compassionate, understanding response. It’s all one can ask for when they post on here. The OP doesn’t seem to understand/speak English all that well ( I could be wrong) and thus figuring out the process and where he went wrong is proving to be challenging for him.

The OP doesn’t seem to understand/speak English all that well ( I could be wrong)

The OP offers writing (in English) and translation, so he should be able to speak and understand English well.

His gig description and this topic do show that he doesn’t understand how Fiverr works, though.

All of your replies overwhelm me. Can’t a staff member just look into my logs to verify that I sent my work via Fiverr to this customer test3r via Fiverr but also did not get paid?

He said that he partially accepted my work and to send an invoice. After that he blocked me to do so. As far as I understand he needs to become active and pay me via Fiverr but not ask for me for ab invoice. If I am wrong here please point me out to Fiverr guidelines which I can read to correct my mistake.

All of your replies overwhelms me. Can’t a staff member just look into my logs to verify that I sent my work via Fiverr to this customer test3r via Fiverr but also did not get paid?

He said that he partially accepted my work and to send an invoice.

Hi. Check your e-mails. Did you get one that said “Great news: You received and order”? If you didn’t, then this order with this buyer might not have ever begun and you did the work without him placing an actual order.

All of your replies overwhelm me. Can’t a staff member just look into my logs to verify that I sent my work via Fiverr to this customer test3r via Fiverr but also did not get paid?

He said that he partially accepted my work and to send an invoice. After that he blocked me to do so. As far as I understand he needs to become active and pay me via Fiverr but not ask for me for ab invoice. If I am wrong here please point me out to Fiverr guidelines which I can read to correct my mistake.

As far as I understand he needs to become active and pay me via Fiverr but not ask for me for ab invoice. If I am wrong here please point me out to Fiverr guidelines which I can read to correct my mistake.

Everyone here as explained to you exactly what has happened here and why you will not get paid. Your buyer did not place an order with you. You delivered work via a an attachment to a message from your buyer in your inbox. This does not constitute a delivery.

Buyers do not pay after work is completed. Buyers place and pay for an order upfront.

Fiverr has no way whatsoever of making your buyer pay you. They never placed an order or entered any payment information.

Sorry, but there is no way you can or will be paid for this work. All you can do is remember to never again deliver work without an order being placed. There is a free course on Fiverr Learn called Freelance Essentials. I’d recommend that you take this to get a basic understanding of how Fiverr works.

That’s two in one day on the forum who delivered work without being paid or getting an order for it. It must be common. I haven’t gotten the impression the OP understands the need to get the order before doing any work.

@ankman5 Please understand that you won’t get paid even if you sent the work through fiverr. You first need to have the buyer place an order and only then do the job. Then you would deliver the job using the delivery button.

All of your replies overwhelm me.

I know it might be overwhelming but isn’t it in your best interest to read it?

It’s only 35 messages including yours in this topic and it will take less than 10 min to read it.

Isn’t it worth to invest only 10 min of your time to solve the problem and not make same mistake???

If I am wrong here please point me out to Fiverr guidelines

I already did 2 times, and pointed out on 3 sources with guidelines :woman_shrugging:

and to send an invoice.

Fiverr doesn’t have invoices system. You need to understand how fiverr works first and read at least information in this topic. (We are not even asking to read the whole forum) otherwise you might end up in the same situation again.

Your English is pretty good so I don’t think there is a language barrier to understand and read our replies.

Can’t a staff member just look into my logs to verify that I sent my work via Fiverr to this customer test3r via Fiverr but also did not get paid?

Unlikely to happen, because:

1. Staff usually doesn’t read the forum, you’d have to contact them directly.

2. It looks like you didn’t have an official order, so the buyer isn’t obliged to pay you.

If I am wrong here please point me out to Fiverr guidelines which I can read to correct my mistake.

Sure! Here are Fiverr’s Terms of Service (they also explain how Fiverr works): https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

And here’s the Help section, with articles explaining different stuff about Fiverr: https://www.fiverr.com/support

You don’t send invoices. As has been explained by several people here, if it is a custom request, you make a custom order and you don’t start.the work until it is accepted via the custom order system. You don’t do the work until it is confirmed and then you submit it via the green delivery button ONLY. Your order becomes the invoice.

No, Fiverr staff can’t and won’t do that because it is not a contract. You also didn’t follow the ToS.

Look at this as a lesson on learning how things work before you pursue them and accept that you aren’t going to be paid because you didn’t follow procedure. Move on.

Can’t a staff member just look into my logs to verify that I sent my work via Fiverr to this customer test3r via Fiverr but also did not get paid?

Unlikely to happen, because:

1. Staff usually doesn’t read the forum, you’d have to contact them directly.

2. It looks like you didn’t have an official order, so the buyer isn’t obliged to pay you.

If I am wrong here please point me out to Fiverr guidelines which I can read to correct my mistake.

Sure! Here are Fiverr’s Terms of Service (they also explain how Fiverr works): https://www.fiverr.com/terms_of_service

And here’s the Help section, with articles explaining different stuff about Fiverr: https://www.fiverr.com/support

This is really overwhemling for me. Trying to read this I cannot see what I did wrong. So much information that I can’t tell what I did wrong.

You don’t send invoices. As has been explained by several people here, if it is a custom request, you make a custom order and you don’t start.the work until it is accepted via the custom order system. You don’t do the work until it is confirmed and then you submit it via the green delivery button ONLY. Your order becomes the invoice.

No, Fiverr staff can’t and won’t do that because it is not a contract. You also didn’t follow the ToS.

Look at this as a lesson on learning how things work before you pursue them and accept that you aren’t going to be paid because you didn’t follow procedure. Move on.

So I have to assume that the mistake is on my side not understanding the rules. Thus I think this order is lost and I lost my money? I then will not report him because it’s my fault not to follow Fiverr’s gegulations and have to give up here. 😦

So I have to assume that the mistake is on my side not understanding the rules. Thus I think this order is lost and I lost my money? I then will not report him because it’s my fault not to follow Fiverr’s gegulations and have to give up here. 😦

So I have to assume that the mistake is on my side not understanding the rules. Thus I think this order is lost and I lost my money?

Yes. This is the basic teeth of the matter.

I think this order is lost and I lost my money?

There was never an order. There was never any money paid.

You need to wait for the buyer to first place an order. That is when they pay. Only then to you start on the work.

You are correct. You will not be paid because the (so called buyer) never paid.

You should report him because he should be banned for scamming you, but yes if you didn’t create and fulfill the order with the system, you can’t get your money.

I’m sorry you go scammed. Make sure you know the rules and also recognize scams.

This is really overwhemling for me. Trying to read this I cannot see what I did wrong. So much information that I can’t tell what I did wrong.

Think of it like this: you can’t be charged for a service if you don’t have contract. I mean you can try and get your money in other contexts, but without something formal and legally binding you probably have no legal recourse. A Fiverr order is a contract. You didn’t make one or fulfill one.

On top of this, what you would like Fiverr to do is to review what you sent the person and decide retroactively that it is a contract. It doesn’t work that way and that would be an overuse of Fiverr resources for them to do that. All you had to do is make an order and fulfill it via the green button once the buyer accepted.

All businesses have ToS which you must follow on order to have their protection.

Fiverr would not be am effective platform if all it was is sending messages between people. It is a marketplace. You wouldn’t expect to receive money from an Amazon Buyer if you sent them the product without them purchasing via the checkout, would you?

I think this order is lost and I lost my money?

There was never an order. There was never any money paid.

You need to wait for the buyer to first place an order. That is when they pay. Only then to you start on the work.

You are correct. You will not be paid because the (so called buyer) never paid.

I placed the order via a ZIP file. No idea why it’s not showing up in the conversation anymore. But was not paid after placing the order via Fiverr. The customer should had paid me but he didn’t.

I placed the order via a ZIP file. No idea why it’s not showing up in the conversation anymore. But was not paid after placing the order via Fiverr. The customer should had paid me but he didn’t.

The customer should had paid me but he didn’t.

If you send them the work when they have not placed an order, then you have given them the work free. They do not have to pay. They do not have to order. They already have the work.

Yes it’s wrong but this is what happens. This is why they have to pay first.

You should report him because he should be banned for scamming you, but yes if you didn’t create and fulfill the order with the system, you can’t get your money.

I’m sorry you go scammed. Make sure you know the rules and also recognize scams.

That is my problem. Did I all do all procedures correct? If I did, shall I report him.

He knows how it works and he knew he could scam you. You really need to stop being so naive and start doing business properly. He couldn’t have paid you without an order, which is a contract. You wouldn’t expect to get paid for an Amazon order if you sent the product to someone without them having ordered it, would you? That would be absurd. This is a marketplace. Orders need to be made and filled via the system. That is literally the whole point of buying online.

I placed the order via a ZIP file. No idea why it’s not showing up in the conversation anymore

You didn’t place an order. Seriously, we repeated so many times that orders doesn’t show in conversation. That can only be an offer and if your buyer didn’t accept an offer you basically did it for free. (And offer can expire and disappear after some time). Basically you sent a contract to your buyer and he didn’t sign it but you still did the work and sent it to him.

Did I all did it correct?

No, you did it wrong. And all 48 messages we are telling you you did it wrong.

I’m not sure how long more it’s going to take but you should watch a video from learn fiverr “how to be a great seller”. They explain everything there is a great detail.

@ankman5 - Here it is in a nutshell

1. Your money is GONE and you will NEVER see it again.
  2. You got scammed.
  3. You made a mistake and did not follow the rules on selling.
    4.You are staying confused because you think there is a solution to this and there is no solution…
    5.Thicken your skin because EVEN FOLLOWING THE RULES, at some point you will still get scammed
  4. Don’t waste your time typing in here anymore because its going to drive you crazy.

Oh and one more thing - Remember that "sellers’ are not the only ones lurking in this forum, with you looking totally confused and lost after a ton of post have explained what you did wrong, someone may get the idea to target you. I mean I’m just saying

Archived