Algorithm improvement ASAP

cpas7388

Maybe, but for every success story like that there is a whole bunch of bad gigs that will never become Top Rated even if they stay on the front for a thousand years. They are just taking space from the true professionals because they hardly get sales.

As I already mentioned, I don’t want bad gigs to disappear. And I really like that Fiverr gives opportunities to new sellers. All I ask is a more let’s say coherent way of presenting the good gigs. A good gig would be for example a 5 star rated gig, with a good amount of sales (let’s say at least 10, not something big to leave space for new sellers with potential) and a good price per sale.

It’s totally unreasonable a gig with 10 sales and a 4,7 rating to rank higher than a gig with 100 sales and a 5 star rating. That’s all I say. People work hard here for the 5 stars and many are real experts, but they don’t get the exposure they deserve because of this.

there is a whole bunch of bad gigs that will never become Top Rated even if they stay on the front for a thousand years. They are just taking space from the true professionals because they hardly get sales.

I see your point but fiverr may have it’s reasons for that. It forces people to search through the gigs for what they want and see more gigs for one thing.

As a buyer I really have to hunt through hundreds of gigs before I find what I’m looking for and that is possibly a big reason for it. They make it harder to find the more desirable gigs for that reason.

there is a whole bunch of bad gigs that will never become Top Rated even if they stay on the front for a thousand years. They are just taking space from the true professionals because they hardly get sales.

I see your point but fiverr may have it’s reasons for that. It forces people to search through the gigs for what they want and see more gigs for one thing.

As a buyer I really have to hunt through hundreds of gigs before I find what I’m looking for and that is possibly a big reason for it. They make it harder to find the more desirable gigs for that reason.

It forces people to search through the gigs for what they want and see more gigs for one thing.

And then some (or many?) give up on Fiverr, frustrated, because they can’t find what they’re looking for.

It forces people to search through the gigs for what they want and see more gigs for one thing.

And then some (or many?) give up on Fiverr, frustrated, because they can’t find what they’re looking for.

Maybe but there has to be a reason for it and that’s all I could come up with. I think the ones who give up aren’t going to be buyers anyway. A person who really needs and wants a gig will keep looking. They want to keep people on the site as long as possible and see as many gigs as possible.

Do you think Fiverr hasn’t considered that? Do you really think you know more about business development than they do? Do you really think you even have the tools to know what is best? It’s based on complex data and market research, which you don’t even have access to, among many other things. You’re also not a business executive. You’re a Fiverr Seller who clearly doesn’t even perform well here.

These are the problems with your argument.

1. You’re operating under the illogical assumption that TRS sellers generate more revenue than other types of sellers combined. You have no idea if that is true and no reason to think it is.

Under your rationale, the first class passengers of the Titanic generated the most revenue for that line. Nope. It was the third class passengers who generated the most profit. That’s a fact.

Maybe a higher quantity of lower-quality sellers earn more profit than the few sellers who are skilled enough to be TRS. You have no idea. You don’t have that data or insight or the skill to assess it. If you did, you’d be a successful Fiverr Seller or a business executive.

Do you think new or potential sellers will invest much effort into Fiverr if they look and see that only TRS people rank well? What would it mean for Fiverr’s business if those sellers decide to leave, not pursue or Fiverr or to just not put much time into it? And what if those sellers who are now alienated were the ones who would have brought in the most money, en masse?

You have to think en-masse in business, not just individual performance.

Sales is all about targeting the right thing to the right person. There is obviously a reason Fiverr doesn’t deter cheap sellers here. Maybe a lot of people don’t want TRS? They’re more expensive and don’t necessarily vibe with what the bulk of top buyers (en masse) are looking for.

1. You’re also operating under the assumption that revenue is all they have to care about, which is wrong and doesn’t consider branding or sustainability.

They have to think of their brand. TRS generally charge more and are more professional. If Fiverr favours them, they could lose their reputation as being the place to go for really cheap work, which they don’t want to lose. And there are loads of other things they need to consider that could impact their brand and the sustainability of their business.

So no, @janjalcore, it wasn’t deeper thinking. This would have failed a 1-level college business assignment, not become a lucrative business model.

Yes, I was wrong in somewhere. In present situation, We’re thinking on just our situation not other. “Fiverr” is the Brand and there is doubt about that. They are doing good on their position. Some people who have the full qualified skill, they are doing best on their position and got success as well.

Maybe but there has to be a reason for it and that’s all I could come up with. I think the ones who give up aren’t going to be buyers anyway. A person who really needs and wants a gig will keep looking. They want to keep people on the site as long as possible and see as many gigs as possible.

They want to keep people on the site as long as possible and see as many gigs as possible.

Definitely, that’s how physical stores work, too, but there should be a balance between seeing as many gigs as possible and becoming a waste of time because it takes forever to find what they need.

I dont know if I can post links here, but this is what I found from an article that was written on May 2019

The company, which is headquartered in Tel Aviv, is losing money — its net losses grew from $19.3 million in 2017 to $36.1 million in 2018. At the same time, revenue grew by nearly 45%, from $52.1 million to $75.5 million.

So I guess you are wrong.

I dont know if I can post links here, but this is what I found from an article that was written on May 2019

The company, which is headquartered in Tel Aviv, is losing money — its net losses grew from $19.3 million in 2017 to $36.1 million in 2018. At the same time, revenue grew by nearly 45%, from $52.1 million to $75.5 million.

So I guess you are wrong.

I must agree with you.

My suggestion for this is to create a weighted average for their algorithm.

For example. If 2 similar gigs of $5 initial price are compared, but one sold 1 order in the price of $100, and the other sold 20 orders in the price of $5, they should be compared with the same performance, same ranking (IF THEY get the same star rating).

Mathematically speaking: 1(order) x $100 (price) x 5 (rating) = 20 (orders) x $5 (price) x 5 (rating).

and it should work the same for negative reviews too.

it is not about the initial price offered by the gig, but by the final price sold weighted with the buyer satisfaction

Fiverr should encourage sellers to get their best salesman skills. It’s not only about selling the highest price, but making buyers to be satisfied for the best price possible.

Nowadays fiverr simply use a lazy algorithm to sort highest priced gigs on top (with a few good reviews), while the real best sellers may be hidden in later pages of the ranking. It’s nonsense placing 2 similar quality gigs, side by side, but one with 20 5 stars reviews priced $25, for example, and beside it a $5 gig with 2000 5 stars reviews. Which one will attract more buyer? of course the one of $5.

Fiverr insist in the highest initial price, instead the highest final price sold.

I know fiverr has a lot of profits, but with this strategy they could optimize their profits, while maintain the highest quality from sellers which can make the buyers better satisfied.

It is really simple but fiverr seems to insist in a complex but amateur algorithm.

Maybe this is the reason why some competitor platforms have better growing lately than fiverr.

The OP has a good point. It is difficult for good sellers to rely on Fiverr as a consistent form of income. There is no assurance that you will be on top if you are good.

But then again, from Fiverr’s perspective, it is bad to always keep the good ones in front page because the good sellers with many reviews will totally dominate the market. The front page is very valuable real estate and everyone wants to be there. But if Fiverr needs to sustain for a long time it should promote new sellers as well. It sucks for long time sellers with good reputation, but Fiverr is for everyone and they need to do this for their own good.

Lots of og sellers who have been consistent have been affected by the new algorithm. But it doesn’t help to complain. Fiverr is looking at the bigger picture, and sellers should do too. Change is always there. But are we ready to adapt to it?

I used to look at a bad gig that was always on the top row for two years. It never got sales. For two years it sat there on the top row with 4 sales, never a new one. Now that seller is a Top Rated Seller. So there are reasons we can’t see or understand sometimes.

Fiverr didn’t care about the lousy image or the fact it never made new sales. It liked something about the seller, or the gig, that I couldn’t see. Looking back at it now and seeing some other gigs by the seller, I think I might have it figured out. 🤐

Looking back at it now and seeing some other gigs by the seller, I think I might have it figured out. 🤐

Spill the tea MissCrystal

Archived