Tips for freelancers

creative456

This is such an awesome tip. I am very new here, but I am a very talented writer and editor. So I was wondering why I wasn’t getting an order from at least one person. Then I read your tip. You made my day. Thanks a million. I don’t know if it’s appropriate to ask this question here in this thread, but could you explain why, as a newbie, I am not see anything in the “Buyer Requests” tab? I’ve never seen even one buyer’s request, yet I keep reading about it here. Thanks for your time.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is such an awesome tip. I am very new here, but I am a very talented writer and editor. So I was wondering why I wasn’t getting an order from at least one person. Then I read your tip. You made my day. Thanks a million. I don’t know if it’s appropriate to ask this question here in this thread, but could you explain why, as a newbie, I am not see anything in the “Buyer Requests” tab? I’ve never seen even one buyer’s request, yet I keep reading about it here. Thanks for your time.

Welcome to the community.!

Then I read your tip. You made my day. Thanks a million.

You are most welcome!

I don’t know if it’s appropriate to ask this question here in this thread, but could you explain why, as a newbie, I am not see anything in the “Buyer Requests” tab?

You are supposed to make a new thread not posting it in comments section. That’s how it goes.

But since you asked…

Honestly I don’t visit ‘buyers request’ often.

So, I am certainly not the right person to ask.

Though I can tell you it is very normal for new sellers not to find any buyer request except rarely.

Thanks for your time.

You are welcome.

Wish you luck.

2)Take rest, don’t exhaust yourself. It wouldn’t do you any good.

This is me right now at the moment. I got one order in my queue and three inquires from potential new clients. With the kids going back to school my sleep schedule is a mess and i could use a week of no orders. Luckily i have a vacation next month and hopefully it will leave me fully revived.

I am also going from this, But will not give up. #peace

I am also going from this, But will not give up. #peace

Indeed! Don’t give up! I received two inquiries over the past two days. Granted, I was outbidded, it seems… But at least I know the system works. One of them was from a “buyer request”. He was looking for an eBook writer. But in the end he wanted 3 for the price of 1. I don’t doubt someone else took that offer, but as much as I want the work, I am not going to give you 3 books for the price of one. I can work offline for that. 🙂 So, hang in there, and keep tweaking your Gigs (that’s what I have been doing since I’ve been here), and sooner or later, the right clients will find you–or you find them! 🙂

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

When you start a business in an already crowded place keep in my mind that you’ve got to prepare yourself for disappointments, rejections and waiting may be even longer than expected in a line that is already long.!

Always keep in mind that there is no easy way. You would be surprised if you scrolled down some gigs which offers real quality work (judging from their samples) yet they hardly get any order.! Why? I don’t know. But the point here is: Do not start freelancing thinking it’s easy.

The question here is: What to do during all those waiting time?

Well, don’t waste it.! Build yourself.

1)Improve your skills and learn more about new things.

3)Be motivated. Remember, the orders you get or the successful deliveries you make isn’t really that motivating. Because that type of motivation will wear off as soon as you start to realise that you have to again wait for long to get another order. So, Be your own motivation.

4)Don’t judge yourself and your skills based on the number of orders you get. It may start to get frustrating and over time doubts and uncertainty may crawl it’s way to your mind. Don’t be harsh to yourself. Keep (I repeat) KEEP improving, learning and be motivated.

5)Finally, be open for suggestions. Do not underestimate this. Ofcourse you don’t have to take all the suggestions.! Because what worked for others may or may not work for you. Still, be open for suggestions and take what’s best for you.

Have a nice day.

When you start a business in an already crowded place keep in my mind that you’ve got to prepare yourself for disappointments, rejections and waiting may be even longer than expected in a line that is already long.!

Always keep in mind that there is no easy way. You would be surprised if you scrolled down some gigs which offers real quality work (judging from their samples) yet they hardly get any order.! Why? I don’t know. But the point here is: Do not start freelancing thinking it’s easy.

The question here is: What to do during all those waiting time?

Well, don’t waste it.! Build yourself.

1)Improve your skills and learn more about new things.

3)Be motivated. Remember, the orders you get or the successful deliveries you make isn’t really that motivating. Because that type of motivation will wear off as soon as you start to realise that you have to again wait for long to get another order. So, Be your own motivation.

4)Don’t judge yourself and your skills based on the number of orders you get. It may start to get frustrating and over time doubts and uncertainty may crawl it’s way to your mind. Don’t be harsh to yourself. Keep (I repeat) KEEP improving, learning and be motivated.

5)Finally, be open for suggestions. Do not underestimate this. Ofcourse you don’t have to take all the suggestions.! Because what worked for others may or may not work for you. Still, be open for suggestions and take what’s best for you.

Have a nice day.

thank you for the advice and motivation you provide, hopefully it helps

Archived