I have been Bullied Successfully on Fiverr

golden_seller

He ordered and I submitted the job which is of high quality.

And all he could say was that what I delivered was copied from somewhere. I sent proof and screenshots form Grammarly to let him know that this book is original. After I sent proof, then he didn’t complained about the Writeups anymore, he moved to Pictures saying ‘they are not looking good over there’. This is just so annoying.

The only revision he asked was 'I should convert the PDF file to Docx file to him. And After I delivered the DOCx file, he sent cancellation request saying I didn’t do the job and he is not satisfied with it. I canceled the request the first time, and he started threatening me and saying he is going to report me to Fiverr to cancel the job and that I will lose my account from there.

After some minutes, he requested cancellation that I must accept it. The buyer threatened me further with serious persuasion such that I MISTAKENLY accepted his cancellation request.

I messaged support via mail but they are not responding to this at all. They don’t respond to a no-level seller very fast. When I was in Level - 2, I really enjoyed my conversation with Support center. But this time, I’m just surprised. It hurts me so bad.

Imagine, why would a buyer sent me this below:

1. You are a fool…do you have a distorted quality?
2. If you resist me, then I will write to support center, they will cancel the order and ban you, I think it would be worst that just closing the order
3. Okay now I am writing to support center to cancel the order and close down your account.

10.PNG.366231c5fd560e864e6f843ad0de1733.PNG

All these are his statements which made me mistakenly accept his cancellation request. I don’t like this threats at all. This is what they call Scam. He wasted my time and energy, insulted me, and left with my work and my money.

I am certain it is not allowed on this platform right?

So you have wrote an e-book an you have the original files. The simple solution is to publish it on Amazon. 😉

This behavior is common. Scammers target new sellers and always use the same threats. You should not have cancelled. You should have reported this buyer to CS. In either case, they have no right to use the work you have delivered.

Publish the book on Amazon with an introductory cover page explaining that you are a professional freelance writer on Fiverr. Sadly, someone hired you to write a book but didn’t want to pay. You have, therefore, published the work yourself. If readers like it and they would like to hire you, tell them to click on a link to your profile.

I did pretty much exactly this way back in 2014. It didn’t sell that much, but my then UpWork buyer got a very sweet taste of their own medicine. 😉

Here’s a shameless plug for the book in question:

amazon.com
51zqtkrRN2L._AC_SY400_.jpg.8300b941ddc8256f2496d45823ee09a1.jpg

It's Not The Freaking Wheat America!

4.5 out of 5 stars, $9.99

I am so sorry this happened to you. I can understand your frustration because I have been there. Your first mistake was accepting the cancellation. As long as you know that you did the job right without copying it elsewhere, you should reject the cancellation. You have the right to be paid after you have delivered the project according to the job description. In that case you ought to have informed CS while the buyer was threatening you and not after you have accepted the cancellation request. The only thing you can do right now is to wait for CS response to your email.

Its very unfortunate that some buyers know how everything works here and try to override sellers who don’t know their rights. Again, I am so sorry this happened to you 🙏

PS: Of recent, CS has been quite slow with tickets in general, you have to be patient, up to 24 hours.

So you have wrote an e-book an you have the original files. The simple solution is to publish it on Amazon. 😉

This behavior is common. Scammers target new sellers and always use the same threats. You should not have cancelled. You should have reported this buyer to CS. In either case, they have no right to use the work you have delivered.

Publish the book on Amazon with an introductory cover page explaining that you are a professional freelance writer on Fiverr. Sadly, someone hired you to write a book but didn’t want to pay. You have, therefore, published the work yourself. If readers like it and they would like to hire you, tell them to click on a link to your profile.

I did pretty much exactly this way back in 2014. It didn’t sell that much, but my then UpWork buyer got a very sweet taste of their own medicine. 😉

Here’s a shameless plug for the book in question:

amazon.com
409151c8df22e8841bd830b4bc7d933cd084eed0.jpeg

It's Not The Freaking Wheat America!

4.5 out of 5 stars, $9.99

Thanks for your idea. I think I will have to wait for Fiverr response before taking any action. But Fiverr and this buyer are really hurting me right now.

I am so sorry this happened to you. I can understand your frustration because I have been there. Your first mistake was accepting the cancellation. As long as you know that you did the job right without copying it elsewhere, you should reject the cancellation. You have the right to be paid after you have delivered the project according to the job description. In that case you ought to have informed CS while the buyer was threatening you and not after you have accepted the cancellation request. The only thing you can do right now is to wait for CS response to your email.

Its very unfortunate that some buyers know how everything works here and try to override sellers who don’t know their rights. Again, I am so sorry this happened to you 🙏

PS: Of recent, CS has been quite slow with tickets in general, you have to be patient, up to 24 hours.

This happened yesterday. He was really threatening me. Immediately, I reported him to Fiverr, and all they could say was “They will look further into this order and get back to me as soon as they can”

For some hours now, they haven’t given me any update.

But this morning, this buyer shoots lots of messages at me… really threatening to report me if I don’t accept the cancellation. I was shaking and really annoyed that this is bullying.

I messaged Fiverr again this morning to let them know that he said he is going to report me. And sincerely, this account is my source of income - nothing else is bringing money to my pocket. I just want to protect it. That is the only thing I’m relying on right now. No offline jobs out there here in this country. You will get penny and work for 15 hours a day. So I had to work on my skill very well and build the account I 've been using this account since 2017. My dear, I was thinking all of that, and when I opened my eyes, I realized I mistakenly clicked on Accept. I’ve been crying since morning now.

This is $70 job. You might think it’s not a big amount of money but to me, right now, I need it so bad to settle some bills. This buyer shouldn’t have done this to me seriously.

I think Fiverr should still able to settle this for me and send my funds back. I pray they work on it and fight for me.

Some buyers are just so annoying 😭

This happened yesterday. He was really threatening me. Immediately, I reported him to Fiverr, and all they could say was “They will look further into this order and get back to me as soon as they can”

For some hours now, they haven’t given me any update.

But this morning, this buyer shoots lots of messages at me… really threatening to report me if I don’t accept the cancellation. I was shaking and really annoyed that this is bullying.

I messaged Fiverr again this morning to let them know that he said he is going to report me. And sincerely, this account is my source of income - nothing else is bringing money to my pocket. I just want to protect it. That is the only thing I’m relying on right now. No offline jobs out there here in this country. You will get penny and work for 15 hours a day. So I had to work on my skill very well and build the account I 've been using this account since 2017. My dear, I was thinking all of that, and when I opened my eyes, I realized I mistakenly clicked on Accept. I’ve been crying since morning now.

This is $70 job. You might think it’s not a big amount of money but to me, right now, I need it so bad to settle some bills. This buyer shouldn’t have done this to me seriously.

I think Fiverr should still able to settle this for me and send my funds back. I pray they work on it and fight for me.

Some buyers are just so annoying 😭

Fiverr should still able to settle this for me and send my funds back

They could’ve done it but not in the case where you accepted cancellation. (Even If by mistake)

It’s horrible situation and that buyer definitely knew what he was doing so most likely it’s not the first time he is scamming sellers.

Fiverr doesn’t not accept such behaviour and they could’ve protect you. But as you accepted cancellation even if by mistake the most they can do is to send buyers account to review by trust and safety team as this behaviour is still not acceptable.

And you still should follow @cyaxrex advice.

However in my experience fiverr doesn’t give money back on orders that mutually cancelled by mistake.

Thanks very much. But I’m still sure they should be able to trust me. Mistake happens most times.

Moreover, I messaged Fiverr yesterday and this morning even before I made the mistake. So they should be able to detect and know I’m telling the truth, and I was really scared.

No one is at my side for the mistake I made. Not even fiverr will be at my side. Because they care for buyers more than sellers. The mistake spoiled everything. If not, I’m sure I should be able to get my money back.

Now I just worked as a slave. I’m regretting right now.

Thanks very much @mariashtelle1

• 2 weeks later...

After sending prove of detailed work I submitted. Fiverr teams reviewed it for like 3 days and after 3 days, they responded to my mail and compensated me with the amount of the order. I got the funds back into my balance. But my rating dropped.

I really want to say thank you so much guys @jenny_fiver, @mariashtelle1, @cyaxrex for the contribution and advises. God bless you all and God bless our hustle! More orders by God’s grace!

After sending prove of detailed work I submitted. Fiverr teams reviewed it for like 3 days and after 3 days, they responded to my mail and compensated me with the amount of the order. I got the funds back into my balance. But my rating dropped.

I really want to say thank you so much guys @jenny_fiver, @mariashtelle1, @cyaxrex for the contribution and advises. God bless you all and God bless our hustle! More orders by God’s grace!

You still should publish it on your own cuz technically they didn’t pay for it right?

I have been where you are too. Even as an experienced seller, I occasionally get a bully. A) you can block communication with them in your inbox. B) reporting it is right and waiting for a response from CS. C) do not respond to the buyers remarks and fuel the fire. D) They clearly wanted free work.

I have hit the cancel button by accident too. It hurts, and it sucks. Now you can only move forward. This buyer can not hurt you anymore.

I have been where you are too. Even as an experienced seller, I occasionally get a bully. A) you can block communication with them in your inbox. B) reporting it is right and waiting for a response from CS. C) do not respond to the buyers remarks and fuel the fire. D) They clearly wanted free work.

I have hit the cancel button by accident too. It hurts, and it sucks. Now you can only move forward. This buyer can not hurt you anymore.

Smiles 😇 Thanks so much for this warm message. I appreciate. I’ll be fine.

Archived