What would be your response (For writers)?

hemink

What would be your response to a client who sends this message:

"I need an informative post on the topic: How to write search engine optimized content.

The audience will, of course, be writers.

The post should be 1,000 words. I believe, being writing experts, this shouldn’t be a complicated topic for you. Even if you’re not familiar with the topic, you can find a lot of content through a simple Google search.

I have some questions that I need you to address:

1. Will you only borrow information from other sites or do you (being an expert writer) have something you would like to add to this topic?

2. Can you deliver this post in 1 day for an additional 30% payment?

3. Can you provide me with some writing samples of previous posts you wrote for an audience of writers?

4. What tone do you think would be best for this post?

Thanks in advance."

This message is made up. No client has messaged me this. I would just like to know your response to this.

What would be your response to a client who sends this message:

"I need an informative post on the topic: How to write search engine optimized content.

The audience will, of course, be writers.

The post should be 1,000 words. I believe, being writing experts, this shouldn’t be a complicated topic for you. Even if you’re not familiar with the topic, you can find a lot of content through a simple Google search.

I have some questions that I need you to address:

1. Will you only borrow information from other sites or do you (being an expert writer) have something you would like to add to this topic?

2. Can you deliver this post in 1 day for an additional 30% payment?

3. Can you provide me with some writing samples of previous posts you wrote for an audience of writers?

4. What tone do you think would be best for this post?

Thanks in advance."

This message is made up. No client has messaged me this. I would just like to know your response to this.

😳

If no one has written you this, why do you think someone will? And for what reason you want to know what our thoughts would be? :thinking:

No, it’s not from the buyers request page. I just wanted to see how other sellers handle complex client communications. I thought maybe I could get ideas on how to improve communication with my clients. Anyways, here’s how I would respond:

I can write an informative post on this topic. Before I answer your questions, I wanted to say that the post might be longer as there are a lot of topics to cover.

1). Experts with way more experience than me have already posted some great content on this topic. So, there’s really nothing I could add that would provide more value to the post. So, I’ll be borrowing only.

2). As I said earlier, the post will be more than a 1,000 words. It will be probably about 1,500-2,000 words. Keeping that in mind, I don’t believe I can research, write, and edit such a lengthy post without compromising the quality. So, no. I won’t be able to write it in a day for an additional payment

3). Here are 2 posts that were written specifically for writers. (Insert links)

4). I believe the tone should be kept professional.

The content should be to-the-point and some examples should also be added to give readers a clear understanding.

That would be my answer. Let me know yours.

Honestly, from the OP, I would assume this person was peddling clickbait and has no domain expertise at all, merely wants to pay the absolute lowest for any kind of garbage. I saw enough of these on {insert other website} and they were never honorable clients. Often they sailed under the do a few for peanuts then we will give you the real job/money approach. Ask for the real job - after a few articles they say they are delighted with - and they cancel the contract.

(I found my work on one site and it was butchered so not unhappy in the end that they denied a byline)

No, it’s not from the buyers request page. I just wanted to see how other sellers handle complex client communications. I thought maybe I could get ideas on how to improve communication with my clients. Anyways, here’s how I would respond:

I can write an informative post on this topic. Before I answer your questions, I wanted to say that the post might be longer as there are a lot of topics to cover.

1). Experts with way more experience than me have already posted some great content on this topic. So, there’s really nothing I could add that would provide more value to the post. So, I’ll be borrowing only.

2). As I said earlier, the post will be more than a 1,000 words. It will be probably about 1,500-2,000 words. Keeping that in mind, I don’t believe I can research, write, and edit such a lengthy post without compromising the quality. So, no. I won’t be able to write it in a day for an additional payment

The content should be to-the-point and some examples should also be added to give readers a clear understanding.

I wouldn’t be enthusiastic about taking on this project. First, the buyer is basically asking you to submit to an interview. This is only ever reasonable if your prices are representative of the time it takes to respond to such a message.

I’d also avoid this buyer because as @benedictrm says, this message format is typical of the format used by clients who want to pay the least amount of $$$'s and will probably try to cancel an order, regardless of the quality of what you deliver.

Buyers like this often also ask for samples, only to never be heard from again. - Then later, you find that they have been published somewhere.

Why do you assume writers know about this? Your topic is about SEO, that’s under the field of web marketing. Even web marketers who can’t write, know how to optimize a blog.

From my personal experience as a blogger, I find that original content works best, even better than newsjacking.

It also helps to check out the keywords most popular with google for your topic. So if your topic is “spicy foods,” you can search that on the Google ad tool and find other keywords that are cheaper, but equally effective.

I wouldn’t do this as we are not allowed to share links from off Fiverr or a very specific list of approved domains for a portfolio.

Archived