Biggest tip for new Sellers

barrelofmonkeys

When I started, not going to lie, I was super gun ho about doing voice acting. I thought I was going to take the world by storm and just become the biggest thing in the voice acting industry. Then I didn’t. But I didn’t give up. I continued to apply for buyer requests, share myself out there on social media and just kept getting myself out there. Not in like a spammy way but in a, hey I’m here! Don’t forget about me! Kind of way and then I had a guy order from me and really brought him what I knew I could do. So don’t give up, keep honing your skill and make it the absolute best you can and you will get an order if you have a product that is of excellent quality!

Thanks for sharing your advice on this. I’m dipping my toes into web development, and as a rookie, it’s important to remember that I need to be consistent. Only working on my skills once or twice a week won’t get me anymore - I need spend plenty of time throughout the week improving myself and throwing my name out there to get a client.

• 1 month later...

I am a new fievrr seller of character design. But I don’t know why the post doesn’t appear in fievrr. Does anyone know why ?

It’s hard not to give up though.atimes we ask our self lots of questions like am I really doing the right thing or will this particular stuff work for me as it’s working for others or am I really at the right place.:thinking:

• 3 weeks later...

I have read many times that one of the most efficient tools to promote your gigs as a beginner is social media marketing. To follow this tip, I have tried hard finding some suitable social media platforms i.e. Facebook groups or linkedin networks where I could attract potential buyers towards my gigs but I haven’t find a single such platform yet. Could someone guide me to some appropriate Facebook groups, linkedin networks or some other platform where I could find some potential buyers for my content writing gigs?

I have read many times that one of the most efficient tools to promote your gigs as a beginner is social media marketing. To follow this tip, I have tried hard finding some suitable social media platforms i.e. Facebook groups or linkedin networks where I could attract potential buyers towards my gigs but I haven’t find a single such platform yet. Could someone guide me to some appropriate Facebook groups, linkedin networks or some other platform where I could find some potential buyers for my content writing gigs?

Most advice on the forum about social media on the forum is not not true. It is people regurgitating generic advice to try to sound smart.

If you’re not successful, that doesn’t mean the platform is wrong. It means you are using it wrong.

Facebook Groups can only help you if you share genuine, helpful, professional insights there and then people check you out. You never promote yourself there.

I am a brand new Seller Wannabe (meaning I’ve sold nothing yet) and don’t even speak te language. What does “apply for Buyer requests” mean, and how does one do it?

It means to send offers to buyer requests you can do (fulfil). If you’re in seller mode and have gigs you can, from the top of the screen, select “More->Buyer Requests” and if you see any requests that you’d be able to fulfil, you can send an offer to those (up to 10 offers can be sent per user per day).

In this day and age of social media we have established a bad habit of ‘Instant Gratification.’ Every big thing starts from scratch and takes time. I like how you have mentioned you kept your calm and kept spreading the word till it worked out for you. This is so important for beginners, believe me! I have people who tell me they quit because they couldn’t get any orders in first month or so. And I tell them exactly what you have shared in this post. ✌️

Archived