Fiverr experience nowadays

mohamad_aqib

Hi fiverr community.
i’m level 2 seller and i sell my design and manufacturing services here on fiverr. Nowadays, for a few months i’m having very bad experience. buyers got the tactic how to get advantage of seller. they place order they communicate in the way that fiverr customer care cannot recognize the whole truth. buyer opens dispute and in the end order gets cancel. in this way, seller like me having a very bad experience. it’s been repeating 3 times in a month. due to it i’m going to be demoted from lvl2 to lvl 1 on 15th sep.
fiverr support centre don’t have the solution to this. due to this every single freelancer is saying fiverrr is no longer a goot platform to use as their hardwork do not pay off.
i wrote it just to share my experience if you are havig same write your problem in the forum so that fiverr can do some actions regarding this.
thank you.

I am new here and my first so-called ‘buyer’ definitly tried to take advantage thinking that because I’m new, I wouldn’t know the ropes!

She told me what she wanted done, I asked her to confirm before starting on the picture she provided. Upon delivery, she changed her tune and asked for something completely different and a whole new picture that was different from the first. Also what she was asking me to do, was utter delusional!

So I copied and pasted her original request and reminded her that the reason why she didn’t get what she wanted was because she never asked for it in the first place! I cancelled the order and told her that I would be reporting her to Fiverr for trying to extort me using revisions. She quickly stopped complaining and the gig was cancelled amicably.

I’m guessing, however, this will affect my ranking on this site but I had no choice as what she was asking was impossible.

I’m hoping that Fiverr will crack down on these opportunists because my experience here hasn’t been positive so far.

I am new here and my first so-called ‘buyer’ definitly tried to take advantage thinking that because I’m new, I wouldn’t know the ropes!

She told me what she wanted done, I asked her to confirm before starting on the picture she provided. Upon delivery, she changed her tune and asked for something completely different and a whole new picture that was different from the first. Also what she was asking me to do, was utter delusional!

So I copied and pasted her original request and reminded her that the reason why she didn’t get what she wanted was because she never asked for it in the first place! I cancelled the order and told her that I would be reporting her to Fiverr for trying to extort me using revisions. She quickly stopped complaining and the gig was cancelled amicably.

I’m guessing, however, this will affect my ranking on this site but I had no choice as what she was asking was impossible.

I’m hoping that Fiverr will crack down on these opportunists because my experience here hasn’t been positive so far.

Good for you for standing up for yourself. I’m sorry you went through this.

Thanks @humanissocial!

I had no choice, I also don’t believe in forced slavery which some of these buyers can turn you into on these platforms. In fact, they are not buyers, because their sole aim is to get the work for nothing in the first place. Sadly many platforms are giving in to this at the moment, it’s the sellers that lose. Hopefully, Fiverr will catch onto the scam and put more stringent policies in place so that buyers cant take advantage and sellers are compensated for their work.

Archived