Any tips for a situation like this in the future

rjr_designs

Okay so I had someone purchase one of my gigs and all was well. This person tells me no rush that they don’t need the paper until NEXT Thursday. I get a message from them telling me they need the paper by 8am tomorrow est time. I didn’t think too much about it and thought they must have got the dates mixed up. I deliver what they asked which was an essay and then they were like welllll … I actually need the paper in an outline format and they send me an example and I explained to them the example they wanted wasn’t going to be correct. Anyways so I started all over and did the outline. So hopefully the person leaves a good review because to be quiet honest that is not what I wanted to be at the moment I dropped everything I was doing. SO my question is how would you handle a customer situation that gets there days mixed up, and changes everything that they discussed with you prior to doing the gig.

The project you described sounds like someone’s homework assignment? Are you aware it is against Fiverr TOS to write or even proofread essays for students? :thinking:

ToS states:

Third-party TOS violation - By taking part in doing someone else’s academic work (which will likely be submitted as the student’s own work) you are actively taking part in a violation of the integrity code of most, if not all, schools and academic institutions. This behavior can lead to the suspension or expulsion of students. Fiverr does not allow taking part in such fraudulent activities.

The project you described sounds like someone’s homework assignment? Are you aware it is against Fiverr TOS to write or even proofread essays for students? :thinking:

ToS states:

Third-party TOS violation - By taking part in doing someone else’s academic work (which will likely be submitted as the student’s own work) you are actively taking part in a violation of the integrity code of most, if not all, schools and academic institutions. This behavior can lead to the suspension or expulsion of students. Fiverr does not allow taking part in such fraudulent activities.

You know that is a good question, I could most certainly ask them. Even if I did know at the time I didn’'t know that but you would think if someone had a homework assignment they would know what it entails and the due date,

You know that is a good question, I could most certainly ask them. Even if I did know at the time I didn’'t know that but you would think if someone had a homework assignment they would know what it entails and the due date,

If it seems like it is homework, always ask the prospective buyer if it is.

You could get a warning from Fiverr for doing homework if it is. 😱

but you would think if someone had a homework assignment they would know what it entails and the due date,

Trust me, I am a teacher. Students often get confused about the dates things are due. 😉

If it seems like it is homework, always ask the prospective buyer if it is.

You could get a warning from Fiverr for doing homework if it is. 😱

but you would think if someone had a homework assignment they would know what it entails and the due date,

Trust me, I am a teacher. Students often get confused about the dates things are due. 😉

Oh no, don’t say that 😦 Now i’m worried to even have this post up. I don’t want to be flagged. Or get a warning. That’s definitely not why I am here. Looks like I need to brush up on my fiverr tos rules. How would you deal with a buyer who got the date and “project” wrong and asks you to do something totally different?

Oh no, don’t say that 😦 Now i’m worried to even have this post up. I don’t want to be flagged. Or get a warning. That’s definitely not why I am here. Looks like I need to brush up on my fiverr tos rules. How would you deal with a buyer who got the date and “project” wrong and asks you to do something totally different?

How would you deal with a seller who got the date and “project” wrong and asks you to do something totally different?

I would contact CS and tell them that you want to cancel the order because you realized that it is homework. Or, you can hope you do not get caught and never do it again.

BTW CS does not visit the Forum.

How would you deal with a seller who got the date and “project” wrong and asks you to do something totally different?

I would contact CS and tell them that you want to cancel the order because you realized that it is homework. Or, you can hope you do not get caught and never do it again.

BTW CS does not visit the Forum.

Thank you for all your help @vickiespencer! You are brave to be a teacher I taught Pre-K and in that moment in life I decided to never have kids. :rofl:

Besides, it would serve the kid right for cheating.

I still remember the student that came to the Forum complaining because he got an F because the essay he bought on Fiverr was plagiarized. 😆

I still remember the student that came to the Forum complaining because he got an F because the essay he bought on Fiverr was plagarized. 😆

I can’t stop laughing, that is too funny. 😆

He got what he deserved. Maybe he should have been more picky about whom he hired. 😄

Also, make sure your gig does not say any words like essays, academic work or homework. You will get a message from Fiverr to edit your gig.

I hope these kids don’t mind repeating a grade. I just asked the buyer what exactly this paper is going to be used for not that I planned on working with this someone again after he expects that I can just drop my life because he doesn’t know when his assignments due. 🧐 I think some people think we just live on 5r.

He got what he deserved. Maybe he should have been more picky about whom he hired. 😄

Also, make sure your gig does not say any words like essays, academic work or homework. You will get a message from Fiverr to edit your gig.

All I offer is proofreading then people pop up out of no where like hey can you do this and then clueless me is like why not.

The sad thing is I have turned these types of buyers down and then report them to CS and yet when I check on them in the future their profiles are still there. I do not know if they get warnings or what.

The sad thing is I have turned these types of buyers down and then report them to CS and yet when I check on them in the future their profiles are still there. I do not know if they get warnings or what.

I remember I once turned a “buyer” for asking me to do not his homework, even worst, his test! 😳

He stood around for a while purchasing from other sellers, until one day I found he got banned.

Maybe Fiverr needs reports from many sellers before banning any buyer. :thinking:

Archived