Order placed without agree on price

daniyalzafar

If he placed an order as per your gig and the price that you set for that job then it will be highly unprofessional.

You can ask them to increase the price but I’m sure your client would not appreciate it at all or will just simply reject it.

You can not deliver orders within the price that you put on your gig then you should change your prices.

Main fiverr feature is to be able to place orders without messaging sellers and they have a right to place an order for the price you put in your gig.

As a voiceover i have been in these situations from time to time, buyers don’t message me and they put an order with even more words than of what my gig is for 5$ 😪. Now what i do on these situations?

Nothing at all, i just folllow their requirements, being polite, deliver on time. They leave happy and i do some meditation to relax my self before blocking them lol

As a voiceover i have been in these situations from time to time, buyers don’t message me and they put an order with even more words than of what my gig is for 5$ 😪. Now what i do on these situations?

Nothing at all, i just folllow their requirements, being polite, deliver on time. They leave happy and i do some meditation to relax my self before blocking them lol

they put an order with even more words than of what my gig is for 5$ 😪. Now what i do on these situations?

Nothing at all, i just folllow their requirements, being polite, deliver on time.

Well, alternatively, you could send them a gig extra that covers the additional work and time needed with a polite explanation that they ordered more than the gig they ordered includes. I think this happened 3 times to me this year, and in 3/3 cases, they accepted the gig extra and were happy in the end too, as was I.

It’s possible that they wouldn’t accept the gig extra, though, I don’t know what kind of customers your gigs attract, but if you never ask, you’ll never know if they might not pay for everything they ordered, afyer all, and you will keep giving away your time, the most valuable thing you own, for free.

they put an order with even more words than of what my gig is for 5$ 😪. Now what i do on these situations?

Nothing at all, i just folllow their requirements, being polite, deliver on time.

Well, alternatively, you could send them a gig extra that covers the additional work and time needed with a polite explanation that they ordered more than the gig they ordered includes. I think this happened 3 times to me this year, and in 3/3 cases, they accepted the gig extra and were happy in the end too, as was I.

It’s possible that they wouldn’t accept the gig extra, though, I don’t know what kind of customers your gigs attract, but if you never ask, you’ll never know if they might not pay for everything they ordered, afyer all, and you will keep giving away your time, the most valuable thing you own, for free.

Yes you are definitely right.

When that happen, to be honest i keep thinking of a way to how to approach them without making it a big deal.

If they are new to fiverr, i keep a good distance so they feel comfortable dealing with me for future orders. Now to show them that am greedy (which am not) for an extra 50-90 words…it’s a little bit cringey.

I learned something good from all of this. patience is the key. And sooner or later i will take what i want which is a long term clients.

Thank you very much for your comment 🙂

the thing is: his description is super confusing.

he is offering a lot of things in his gig without specifying that the price will vary.

he does have a line to contact him at the bottom but nothing in his gig telling me that he wouldn’t do everything he already promised in the gig description.

So if I would’ve been a buyer I would feel like he is trying to trick me.

(I don’t think this is the case where buyer ordered wrong package and has to upgrade to correct package. he has only one package with list of services he will do in it)

1183421569_Screenshot2019-09-03at17_45_49.thumb.png.495090a9e71614afb89607671226a7ef.png

he is offering a lot of things in his gig without specifying that the price will vary.

he does have a line to contact him at the bottom but nothing in his gig telling me that he wouldn’t do everything he already promised in the gig description.

(I don’t think this is the case where buyer ordered wrong package and has to upgrade to correct package. he has only one package with list of services he will do in it)

My reply was directed at @sshublaq, not Daniyal and I don’t always check people’s gigs before replying but of course it’s generally a good idea to keep one’s gig description (and package setup if they use it) as simple/straightforward/not confusing as possible.

However, Daniyal, if @mariashtelle1 finds it confusing or even as a buyer would get the feeling you are trying to trick her, I guess it’s possible that others (buyers) will too, so she might have a point there.

OP was talking about a bid, though, so I assume this wasn’t about someone who ordered the gig directly but about an offer he made to a Buyer Request, and we all know how precise those can be, so it’s possible that he told the buyer in his offer to the request that he’ll have to discuss the scope of the order first and that the offer he sent is a “dummy” offer to be able to contact him first, I don’t know.

Anyway, @daniyalzafar, as Maria brought up your gig description, maybe you should be more specific there to make sure buyers know what they will get when they buy your gig.

On Fiverr, your Gig can be ordered without the buyers having to contact you (in theory, even a buyer you sent an offer based on their Buyer Request could ignore your offer and simply order your gig directly if they think it’s what they want), you should make sure that if someone orders your gig.

You can ask people to contact you but you can’t count on them to contact you. You can put additional things you offer in your gig description but you should be very clear about what the buyer gets when they buy your gig as it is (without custom offer), because that’s what Fiverr is set up for, you offer “premade gigs” (1 or 3 packages) and buyers can choose one of those if they fit their needs, without contacting you if they don’t want to OR contact you and ask about the gig or for a custom offer.

But you need to make clear what the “Gig that is on display in your shop window” includes. If you list everything you do as well (but not included in the gig) as quoted by Maria, reasonable people will probably not think it’s all included in your gig (I would certainly not think so, given the long list and different kinds of things) and contact you but others might not and simply order and expect everything you listed.

So, just to be safe from unreasonable buyers/demands, I’d follow her suggestion of specifying that the price will vary, or write something like "This gig is for: (whatever it is for) and only includes: (precise list of what they get if they buy the gig for $x without contacting you first) but I also offer: (your list of what you offer), do contact me before placing an order … (etc. - and perhaps rather have that at the top than at the bottom, people might not scroll or read until the end).

Well i contacted the buyer and she understand very well and felt sorry for that, she didn’t understand what’s the meaning of PMB (Private Messgae Board) in by Bid, Order price is now revised by her

The same thing happened to me this week. I emailed him to inquire if the order was wrong, not responded

On my letters for two days, I did the job according to his request and sent the file to him, and I did not find any problem with him

Well in my case i contacted the buyer and justify her with proper arguments and she understand very well and felt sorry for that, she didn’t understand what’s the meaning of PMB (Private Messgae Board) in by Bid, Order price is now revised by her

My reply was directed at @sshublaq, not Daniyal and I don’t always check people’s gigs before replying but of course it’s generally a good idea to keep one’s gig description (and package setup if they use it) as simple/straightforward/not confusing as possible.

However, Daniyal, if @mariashtelle1 finds it confusing or even as a buyer would get the feeling you are trying to trick her, I guess it’s possible that others (buyers) will too, so she might have a point there.

OP was talking about a bid, though, so I assume this wasn’t about someone who ordered the gig directly but about an offer he made to a Buyer Request, and we all know how precise those can be, so it’s possible that he told the buyer in his offer to the request that he’ll have to discuss the scope of the order first and that the offer he sent is a “dummy” offer to be able to contact him first, I don’t know.

Anyway, @daniyalzafar, as Maria brought up your gig description, maybe you should be more specific there to make sure buyers know what they will get when they buy your gig.

On Fiverr, your Gig can be ordered without the buyers having to contact you (in theory, even a buyer you sent an offer based on their Buyer Request could ignore your offer and simply order your gig directly if they think it’s what they want), you should make sure that if someone orders your gig.

You can ask people to contact you but you can’t count on them to contact you. You can put additional things you offer in your gig description but you should be very clear about what the buyer gets when they buy your gig as it is (without custom offer), because that’s what Fiverr is set up for, you offer “premade gigs” (1 or 3 packages) and buyers can choose one of those if they fit their needs, without contacting you if they don’t want to OR contact you and ask about the gig or for a custom offer.

But you need to make clear what the “Gig that is on display in your shop window” includes. If you list everything you do as well (but not included in the gig) as quoted by Maria, reasonable people will probably not think it’s all included in your gig (I would certainly not think so, given the long list and different kinds of things) and contact you but others might not and simply order and expect everything you listed.

So, just to be safe from unreasonable buyers/demands, I’d follow her suggestion of specifying that the price will vary, or write something like "This gig is for: (whatever it is for) and only includes: (precise list of what they get if they buy the gig for $x without contacting you first) but I also offer: (your list of what you offer), do contact me before placing an order … (etc. - and perhaps rather have that at the top than at the bottom, people might not scroll or read until the end).

THANKS FOR HIGHLIGHTING, POINTS NOTED VERY WELL.

Well in my case i contacted the buyer and justify her with proper arguments and she understand very well and felt sorry for that, she didn’t understand what’s the meaning of PMB (Private Messgae Board) in by Bid, Order price is now revised by her

Well i contacted the buyer and she understand very well and felt sorry for that, she didn’t understand what’s the meaning of PMB (Private Messgae Board) in by Bid, Order price is now revised by her

Thanks for highlighting my gig weaknesses, will work on it, after proper justifications buyer agreed to increase the order price. No hustle at all…

I appreciate your points, will adjust my gig accordingly. Thanks

Archived