Half Payment option must be there!

divyagoel

Hello Fiverrians,

This is my recent order where the buyer after so many revisions on the design variations , he wanted to cancel the order and but ready to pay half of the amount for my work on that particular order (which i appreciate).
I can’t force the buyer to accept the delivery as fiverr rules but there must be some feature where we have the right to get half of the amount after some revisions and no feeback must be active for that because obviously the feedback will be negative.
Moreover when i gone through the order page again, i seen that my past delivered images are without watermark and the buyer can download them easily.
Please let me know if i am wrong because i fell that the buyer saved his money and get the delivery. Need Feedback from you all please.

After so many revisions, what is the reason that this buyer wanted to cancel for?

If the reason is that, they don’t like the work, they do not cancel, as per TOS they cannot cancel for the quality of the work. Can you share the reason why he wanted to cancel?

The order was of app icon design and i provided three variations of design based on the reference he sent me. But at the last, he designed his own which is not upto the mark for me but he said that this is what i have expected. i mean why he ordered then if he can do it by his own.

How can we force the buyer to accept the delivery if he is not ready to accept. The CS says that if the buyer wants to cancel then we can not force him to accept it. So finally i have to cancel it.

Hello Fiverrians,

This is my recent order where the buyer after so many revisions on the design variations , he wanted to cancel the order and but ready to pay half of the amount for my work on that particular order (which i appreciate).

I can’t force the buyer to accept the delivery as fiverr rules but there must be some feature where we have the right to get half of the amount after some revisions and no feeback must be active for that because obviously the feedback will be negative.

Moreover when i gone through the order page again, i seen that my past delivered images are without watermark and the buyer can download them easily.

Please let me know if i am wrong because i fell that the buyer saved his money and get the delivery. Need Feedback from you all please.

d but ready to pay half of the amount for my work on that particular order

no,you should be paid the entire amount , an option like this could open a door to a new type of abuse

d but ready to pay half of the amount for my work on that particular order

no,you should be paid the entire amount , an option like this could open a door to a new type of abuse

Yeah i understand what you were saying. But this is the fact, that we have to go through cancellations during our work journey and there must be some criteria to have something for our time and efforts than nothing.

The order was of app icon design and i provided three variations of design based on the reference he sent me. But at the last, he designed his own which is not upto the mark for me but he said that this is what i have expected. i mean why he ordered then if he can do it by his own.

How can we force the buyer to accept the delivery if he is not ready to accept. The CS says that if the buyer wants to cancel then we can not force him to accept it. So finally i have to cancel it.

You don’t have to accept cancellation. The same as fiverr CS can not make buyer accept the delivery they can not make you to cancel the order. It’s all up to you wether you are ready to accept cancellation or stand your ground.

Yeah i understand what you were saying. But this is the fact, that we have to go through cancellations during our work journey and there must be some criteria to have something for our time and efforts than nothing.

But this is the fact, that we have to go through cancellations during our work journey and there must be some criteria to have something for our time and efforts than nothing.

Totally disagree with you. That’s like a builder saying “Well, ya know, sometimes you build a house and the owner just doesn’t feel like paying you, you just have to accept it.”

Why would you accept a half payment? Did you only do half the work?

If you’ve provided the work as agreed in the initial brief, you’re entitled to be paid for it, in full. The fact that the buyer no longer needs it is irrelevant, and entirely the buyer’s problem. Shrugging your shoulders and saying “Oh well” to this will just make it more likely to happen to you in the future.

You don’t have to accept cancellation. The same as fiverr CS can not make buyer accept the delivery they can not make you to cancel the order. It’s all up to you wether you are ready to accept cancellation or stand your ground.

@cubittaudio yeah i understand what you were saying… as in my experience, Delivering the work again and again and doing revisions and still getting less reviews is a waste of time and efforts.

I got your point what you were saying and understood that half payment is not an option but i want to ask you both? Don’t you have any cancellations yet?

@cubittaudio yeah i understand what you were saying… as in my experience, Delivering the work again and again and doing revisions and still getting less reviews is a waste of time and efforts.

I got your point what you were saying and understood that half payment is not an option but i want to ask you both? Don’t you have any cancellations yet?

but i want to ask you both? Don’t you have any cancellations yet?

Literally a few in 2.5 years, and never after we’ve completed all of the work and delivered it to the buyer. Most of our cancellations are for non-responsive buyers or people who place orders for things we don’t offer. Or we use the cancellation option if we can tell that the buyer is going to be overly difficult, either before, or during the work. I agree that on occasion it’s better to cut your losses, even if you’ve started working. But if we’ve done everything, and delivered everything… then we want paying for the work we’ve done.

It’s up to you how you run your business though.

but i want to ask you both? Don’t you have any cancellations yet?

Literally a few in 2.5 years, and never after we’ve completed all of the work and delivered it to the buyer. Most of our cancellations are for non-responsive buyers or people who place orders for things we don’t offer. Or we use the cancellation option if we can tell that the buyer is going to be overly difficult, either before, or during the work. I agree that on occasion it’s better to cut your losses, even if you’ve started working. But if we’ve done everything, and delivered everything… then we want paying for the work we’ve done.

Or we use the cancellation option if we can tell that the buyer is going to be overly difficult, either before, or during the work

Just this has happened to me at this order.

I totally agree with you on this and i am on the worst downfall of it. Hope will recover soon. Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Don’t you have any cancellations yet?

Of course, at least 4-5 every month. But none of them because buyer changed their mind. Mostly when buyers placing wrong price option and doesn’t want to or can’t upgrade.

Delivering the work again and again and doing revisions

Seriously it’s all up to you. I never let anyone manipulate me. If they run out of revisions they have to pay for revisions. If they asked for order and changed their mind after delivery for various reasons (I found someone cheaper/I’m not going to use it/I changed my mind etc) I just don’t accept it. I’m telling them that I’m happy to work on revisions if any left or that they have to add extra revisions and be very specific about their changes requirements to ensure that we get the right result.

Again I never accept cancellations after the order was delivered.

Don’t you have any cancellations yet?

Of course, at least 4-5 every month. But none of them because buyer changed their mind. Mostly when buyers placing wrong price option and doesn’t want to or can’t upgrade.

Delivering the work again and again and doing revisions

Seriously it’s all up to you. I never let anyone manipulate me. If they run out of revisions they have to pay for revisions. If they asked for order and changed their mind after delivery for various reasons (I found someone cheaper/I’m not going to use it/I changed my mind etc) I just don’t accept it. I’m telling them that I’m happy to work on revisions if any left or that they have to add extra revisions and be very specific about their changes requirements to ensure that we get the right result.

Again I never accept cancellations after the order was delivered.

yeah…will be careful next time. I got to know that buyer can still download my delivered files after the order gets cancelled. This is so not fair.

Hello Fiverrians,

buyer after so many revisions on the design variations , he wanted to cancel the order

If a customer is unhappy with the work they do not ave to accept which can be a bummer when you spend so much time making revisions.

but ready to pay half of the amount for my work on that particular order (which i appreciate).

If you cancel the order you will not get paid at all no matter what the customer says. This customer may or may not know this and could feel bad for you not being achieve what they are looking for.

i fell that the buyer saved his money and get the delivery. Need Feedback from you all please.

You should be more careful when sending things with watermarks if you are truly worried about the customer getting something for free. However he/she may have really not have been happy and may not use the work. You have to look at it from all perspectives.

buyer after so many revisions on the design variations , he wanted to cancel the order

If a customer is unhappy with the work they do not ave to accept which can be a bummer when you spend so much time making revisions.

but ready to pay half of the amount for my work on that particular order (which i appreciate).

If you cancel the order you will not get paid at all no matter what the customer says. This customer may or may not know this and could feel bad for you not being achieve what they are looking for.

i fell that the buyer saved his money and get the delivery. Need Feedback from you all please.

You should be more careful when sending things with watermarks if you are truly worried about the customer getting something for free. However he/she may have really not have been happy and may not use the work. You have to look at it from all perspectives.

Yeah…i have an experience regarding that as well…I tried delivering the image with watermark before but you know some of the buyers does not understand the problems we faced and they think that we were trying to deliver something which they cannot use so the buyer contacted CS for that and CS send me the warning regarding that.

But still it is valid idea to deliver with watermark but also inform the buyer that the final delivery will be without watermark so the buyer will not get worried for that matter.

Archived