Trying to improve skills to get new orders

mehdi716

The ratio of the image is squashed. The drinks cans look short and fat because they’ve been squashed down, same with the Burger King logo. A basic rule of image design is that squashing images like that is something you should never do.

Perhaps try it again, but ensure that you keep everything in it’s original proportions?

Not professional design and the images are distorted.

It’s old hat to put a halo around text and images and the design isn’t consistent with how people interact with images. It’s important to design around what buyers want and what will bring them results.

Agreed. The colors are actually quite distracting, and show little to no understanding of color theory, nor visual contrast. Perhaps, graphics that have less elements within them, and better contrasting colors (lights and darks) would be far more effective… and visually attractive.

Agreed. The colors are actually quite distracting, and show little to no understanding of color theory, nor visual contrast. Perhaps, graphics that have less elements within them, and better contrasting colors (lights and darks) would be far more effective… and visually attractive.

Absolutely. There’s clearly a need to understand the fundamentals of how people interact with design and what impression you leave with branding.

I’m noticing a lack of understanding of branding and user experience among many designers on Fiverr. Design is about communication, not cool effects and fun colors.

I don’t think anyone is trying to be harsh ( myself included), I get the feeling you know how to use the Photoshop software, but when it comes to actually “designing” something, it’s completely different and you don’t have the right skills yet. I am an illustrator and I did take several graphic design classes and did OK, but illustrating/designing/using software are all separate skills. I can “draw” a scene, but if I was asked to “design” a banner, I don’t think I’ll do that well.
It might be better if you put the banner design gig on hold for now, or maybe you can team up with someone who can design??

Please consider taking design courses starting from the basic level if this is the passion you want to pursue. There is a bunch of them online and some that you can actually attend in person.

I feel like there is an expectation that people here will tutor you for free but that just won’t happen.

Really Harsh Comments.I have get enough admire for my works. Make One I will see also.

Really Harsh Comments.

They really aren’t. You’ve come on to the forum to ask for feedback. People here aren’t just going to tell you nice things to make you happy if they’re not true. And if they did, this would hinder you in the long-run, as you’d come away believing things that simply aren’t true.

I have get enough admire for my works.

People have taken time to give you feedback, and after looking at your work, it’s honest feedback. You’re in a very competitive niche, with thousands of super-skilled designers in competition with you, and your work isn’t at the same level right now. Getting upset because you didn’t get the feedback you wanted will just turn people away from giving you feedback in the future. You need to respond to criticism in a mature manner, not throw a tantrum.

Make One I will see also.

Ultimately, all that matters on Fiverr is whether your work sells. People can tell you things here in the forum, but ultimately it’s about whether or not you receive buyers for your work.

Really Harsh Comments.I have get enough admire for my works. Make One I will see also.

Really Harsh Comments

When I was presenting my first “serious” logo, the head or marketing told me to get up and leave the room because I was that bad. I only didn’t because I’ve assumed she was kidding (she wasn’t). 🙂

It takes time to show noticeable improvement. It’s great that you keep practicing, though.

Archived