If you block a user how can they still place an order?

dreamteamresume

Okay, so this morning I was dealing with a rude customer who wanted me to do a bunch f sample work and I decide I did not want to do free work for them to use. The customer was and so I decided I did not want that type of customer anyways and 4 hours goes by and I see I have a new order!. It was from the person I blocked for the job I decided not to do the samples for! How were they able to still place a order?

I am not sure if it a bug. :thinking: Some other sellers have also reported the same.

I’d suggest that you contact CS ASAP and let them know that, somehow, a blocked buyer was able to place an order despite you having blocked them. Tell them that you’d like to cancel the order (possibly without it affecting your order completion %).

☀️

I am not sure if it a bug. :thinking: Some other sellers have also reported the same.

I’d suggest that you contact CS ASAP and let them know that, somehow, a blocked buyer was able to place an order despite you having blocked them. Tell them that you’d like to cancel the order (possibly without it affecting your order completion %).

☀️

Would you take the chance of doing work for a buyer if they were rude to you?

If I contact CS and it doesn’t appear to affect my stats, does it affect me on the back-end of things like the side of things with CS that I can’t see?

I have no idea, but it’s super annoying. A buyer I blocked was able to order from me twice, and of course when the order is cancelled it messes with my rating.

@cheyennewriter so what do you do in this situation? do you proceed with the order to save your stats or do you cancel, mess up your stats, and hope that person doesn’t place another order? I am still new to fiverr and trying to figure out the kinks of the system and how to resolve them as they occur.

Hey, there! 😃

Hmm, this is a tricky one.

OK, for starters is the order within the scope of your gig?

If, yes… You can give this client another opportunity to turn things around. The only thing you can do is turn in the work and hope for the best.

Blocking Buyers and they can still place an order is super annoying. 😖 I mean come on that’s counterproductive and a royal pain.

I’ve been in this pickle before. The Buyer wasn’t the friendliest, I was very polite and communicated the project well. Anyway to make a lond story short. The Client’s tone changed drastically, and was pleased with my work + left a nice tip. Being in this business or any other business for that matter. You will come across characters that you do not wish to work with, no matter the rate.

However, I do not tolerate disrespect. If a Buyer is inappropriate or treating me less than a human being. I’ll cancel the order without hesitation and wash my hands of him/her. It’s also good practice to bring bad behavior to 5r Staff attention. If this Buyer is hopping 🐇 from Seller to Seller causing trouble it would be noted on his/her account for future reference.

If you decide to work on this order.

Just do what you do best and deliver quality work. Be sure to include everything you did, as a paper trail just in case 💩 hits the fan.

If you’re new, getting cancels straight outta the gate, will affect your stats terribly. 😔

Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide. Just know you’re in control of your 🚢 ship! Take the wheel and steer it in the right direction.

Hey, there! 😃

Hmm, this is a tricky one.

OK, for starters is the order within the scope of your gig?

If, yes… You can give this client another opportunity to turn things around. The only thing you can do is turn in the work and hope for the best.

Blocking Buyers and they can still place an order is super annoying. 😖 I mean come on that’s counterproductive and a royal pain.

I’ve been in this pickle before. The Buyer wasn’t the friendliest, I was very polite and communicated the project well. Anyway to make a lond story short. The Client’s tone changed drastically, and was pleased with my work + left a nice tip. Being in this business or any other business for that matter. You will come across characters that you do not wish to work with, no matter the rate.

However, I do not tolerate disrespect. If a Buyer is inappropriate or treating me less than a human being. I’ll cancel the order without hesitation and wash my hands of him/her. It’s also good practice to bring bad behavior to 5r Staff attention. If this Buyer is hopping 🐇 from Seller to Seller causing trouble it would be noted on his/her account for future reference.

If you decide to work on this order.

Just do what you do best and deliver quality work. Be sure to include everything you did, as a paper trail just in case 💩 hits the fan.

If you’re new, getting cancels straight outta the gate, will affect your stats terribly. 😔

Ultimately, it’s up to you to decide. Just know you’re in control of your 🚢 ship! Take the wheel and steer it in the right direction.

@nikavoice Thank you so much for the response! This has helped me heaps. I just couldn’t believe that

1. If I don’t want to do a sample that never agreed to doing in the first place which in return = free work for them. It was such a big deal I was very nice and told her to go with another seller.
  2. I end up blocking and she was still able to place an order.
  3. She placed an order when I told her to go with another seller and blocked her! Like what? why?

I decided to unblock her for the time being and go through with the order and hope that she doesn’t try any funny business. I have been on the platform almost a month. I am learning new things every day. Never a boring day in 5r lol

@cheyennewriter so what do you do in this situation? do you proceed with the order to save your stats or do you cancel, mess up your stats, and hope that person doesn’t place another order? I am still new to fiverr and trying to figure out the kinks of the system and how to resolve them as they occur.

I cancelled, but to be fair, I had worked with that buyer before and had an awful experience. I already knew at that point I didn’t want to work with him again, and decided to cancel just so I wouldn’t have to bother with him. At this point, I’m kind of in a position where cancelling an order here and there won’t impact me too much. If I were you I would just cancel to save time and effort, but that’s me.

@nikavoice Thank you so much for the response! This has helped me heaps. I just couldn’t believe that

1. If I don’t want to do a sample that never agreed to doing in the first place which in return = free work for them. It was such a big deal I was very nice and told her to go with another seller.
  3. She placed an order when I told her to go with another seller and blocked her! Like what? why?

I decided to unblock her for the time being and go through with the order and hope that she doesn’t try any funny business. I have been on the platform almost a month. I am learning new things every day. Never a boring day in 5r lol

You’re Welcome! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’ve created a quick response regarding samples, I just don’t have time to do them for window-shoppers. Literally, that’s like taking time away from PAYING Clients. It’s all about working smarter not harder. They either accept my custom offer for a sample or go away.

Then there are the ones that try to get multiple Sellers to complete their project for free using the (FREE) sample 🃏 card.

Don’t be discouraged though, you will have an opportunity to work with amazing Clients. 🎉

Anyway…

My fingers :nail_care:t4:

Keep us updated!

Blocked buyers can place orders? What a bug!

I’d go with the order. I prefer a 1 star rating over a canceled order.

Hello @dreamteamresume
Sorry to hear this.

I worked with a buyer. He got a large amount of work for a tiny amount after placing the order directly.

Moreover, I just worked for him to avoid cancelation. After order completion, I just blocked him. Furthermore, he just contacted CS and them to inform me that he wants more work from me.

That was not good when received email from CS that a client asking more work and I need to work with him 😦

I again started working with him, and then he becomes my regular client with right amount 😃

So there are multi types of people:)

Another Experience…!

I blocked a user from the phone. However, he was able to message me. Then I just prevented him from PC.

the very peaceful moment was that 😃

He was unable to contact.

UPDATE:

I should have contacted CS from the beginning this has turned into a 5r horror story. She asked for additional work, refused paying more, wants unlimited revisions, project isn’t as described and declined my request to cancel because she said she will give me 10 days if I need it but who said I wanted to do her project for 10 days with additional work and no extra pay? I should have went with my gut feeling but I wanted good customer service. 😟 I have contacted 5r though and hopefully they don’t bring my stats down. She shouldn’t even been able to place a order in the first place. Luckily all my stats are at 100% at the moment so if it does go down hopefully it won’t make too much of an impact.

UPDATE:

I should have contacted CS from the beginning this has turned into a 5r horror story. She asked for additional work, refused paying more, wants unlimited revisions, project isn’t as described and declined my request to cancel because she said she will give me 10 days if I need it but who said I wanted to do her project for 10 days with additional work and no extra pay? I should have went with my gut feeling but I wanted good customer service. 😟 I have contacted 5r though and hopefully they don’t bring my stats down. She shouldn’t even been able to place a order in the first place. Luckily all my stats are at 100% at the moment so if it does go down hopefully it won’t make too much of an impact.

I should have went with my gut feeling

Indeed. You accepted to work with her even though she ordered after you told her no, so she assumed she could bully you and demand whatever she wants.

• 1 year later...

Would you take the chance of doing work for a buyer if they were rude to you?

If I contact CS and it doesn’t appear to affect my stats, does it affect me on the back-end of things like the side of things with CS that I can’t see?

if CS cancel your order upon complaint it won’t affect your stats, recently i come accross with a customer he was paranoid, he himself write this about himself, i didn’t want to work with such person bcz his way to talking was absurd so i ask CS to cancel on my behalf without affecting my stats.and it worked

Archived