Gig Disappeared all of sudden

urban_creation6

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to know your gig is back mate! How long did it disappear for? also did you do anything to get it back?

How long did it disappear for? also did you do anything to get it back?

It was on 8th page almost 3 weeks. A week ago I changed tags, description, gig image, seo title and price.

So far no luck, its been over 12 days now. 1 person from CS says something else, another says opposite. Now someone said yesterday its based on your performance VS the competition. My performance was far better than atleast 15 gigs on page 1, more orders than them, more reviews. Definitely far better than page 2,3,4,etc till last page. When i asked them to give me proof how the page 2 till last page were performing better than me, then got no reply and changed topic lol!! this is just messed up!! sick and tired of them ignoring and not giving a valid reason for this.

So far no luck, its been over 12 days now. 1 person from CS says something else, another says opposite. Now someone said yesterday its based on your performance VS the competition. My performance was far better than atleast 15 gigs on page 1, more orders than them, more reviews. Definitely far better than page 2,3,4,etc till last page. When i asked them to give me proof how the page 2 till last page were performing better than me, then got no reply and changed topic lol!! this is just messed up!! sick and tired of them ignoring and not giving a valid reason for this.

this is just messed up!! sick and tired of them ignoring and not giving a valid reason for this.

Fiverr is not going to tell anyone how or why their gigs are not on the first page of the search results, because this would compromise the integrity of the entire system. If people know exactly how and why gigs rise and fall as they do, then the entire search system becomes open to manipulation by sellers who don’t want to play fair.

There is nothing messed up about enforcing a level playing field. And, as much as you might not like to hear this, none of us are ever going to know all the factors that make it the level playing field that it currently is, so complaining that Fiverr won’t tell you these things isn’t likely to improve your situation.

You appear to have plenty of orders in your queue. It would appear that your gigs not being on the first page of search results, is not hurting you all that much.

i dont think that 13 negative reviews caused this issue, i have had over 400+ positive reviews too in last month so that balances it out. If it was to do with performance then gig goes down gradually, maybe few rows or 1 page at a time, not just jump from 1 to 44th page. I just hope this is not true because i have spent far too much time to maintain my position. If they just throw you to the last page and treat you like this then i dont think there is any point of working hard to go back again as they will do it again.

13 negative reviews is quite a lot and could cause this…

Even as little as 1 or 2 negative reviews can send you down the search results

this is just messed up!! sick and tired of them ignoring and not giving a valid reason for this.

Fiverr is not going to tell anyone how or why their gigs are not on the first page of the search results, because this would compromise the integrity of the entire system. If people know exactly how and why gigs rise and fall as they do, then the entire search system becomes open to manipulation by sellers who don’t want to play fair.

There is nothing messed up about enforcing a level playing field. And, as much as you might not like to hear this, none of us are ever going to know all the factors that make it the level playing field that it currently is, so complaining that Fiverr won’t tell you these things isn’t likely to improve your situation.

You appear to have plenty of orders in your queue. It would appear that your gigs not being on the first page of search results, is not hurting you all that much.

I completely understand that and do not want to know how this works. I simply want to know on what basis they moved my gig to last page, performance is very good. It really hurts to see your gig like this, when you have spent years to maintain the top page position, if performance is bad for example loads of cancellations, warnings etc then its understandable.

I had 100+ orders for months, until last week when it disappeared. Look at the stats, this is not normal what so ever, i have been here for very long time, taught many students and brought new sellers on fiverr for years, never came across this.

image.thumb.png.5ba6ba9e369b3fa4e7267a21ab6851d3.png

13 negative reviews is quite a lot and could cause this…

Even as little as 1 or 2 negative reviews can send you down the search results

there are only 4 negative reviews in last month for the best selling gig, in comparison to over 500 positive reviews, You can never please everyone, there will always be negative reviews, This doesnt mean that they will chuck you to last page

I completely understand that and do not want to know how this works. I simply want to know on what basis they moved my gig to last page, performance is very good. It really hurts to see your gig like this, when you have spent years to maintain the top page position, if performance is bad for example loads of cancellations, warnings etc then its understandable.

I had 100+ orders for months, until last week when it disappeared. Look at the stats, this is not normal what so ever, i have been here for very long time, taught many students and brought new sellers on fiverr for years, never came across this.

I’m sorry to hear that this has happened to you. However, like I said, we will never know all of the factors that influence the organization of the search system. No matter how loud sellers complain, or how much some of us might want “valid answers”, these are just things we are not meant to know. All you can do is be a great seller, learn how to not rely on the search system for all of your sales, and make strong efforts to market and promote yourself outside of Fiverr, so you can bring in your own target customers.

I’m sorry to hear that this has happened to you. However, like I said, we will never know all of the factors that influence the organization of the search system. No matter how loud sellers complain, or how much some of us might want “valid answers”, these are just things we are not meant to know. All you can do is be a great seller, learn how to not rely on the search system for all of your sales, and make strong efforts to market and promote yourself outside of Fiverr, so you can bring in your own target customers.

Yes i guess i will have to find a back up solution, cant rely on fiverr after being here for many years. This is not a stable place to work.

Yes i guess i will have to find a back up solution, cant rely on fiverr after being here for many years. This is not a stable place to work.

This is not a stable place to work.

Being in business has never been a stable, fully-predictable endeavor. You can’t control everything, you can only control how you react, and how you prepare.

Risk is part of being in business. Once you learn to embrace this fact, the peaks and troughs of entrepreneurship don’t sting as much. You do what you can do, and you don’t worry about the rest. Worry is a terrible business strategy.

anyone had this same issue? its been 9 days my gig is not coming back and fiverr support not replying back either.

For those whose gigs came back, what did you do for it to come back on same page?

anyone had this same issue?

I have the same issues. I think that I found the problem.

I had a cancellation order because a buyer opened a dispute on their payment with their payment provider.Because someone stole the credit card.

I delivered this order in time and got a very good review.

rv.thumb.JPG.c5f5d15b5067c11eee227b258f631c2a.JPG

Order cancelled and I got an email : Unfortunately, jenn…in has cancelled your order FO8186A031977, “Do a speed graffiti video intro of your logo,” since you missed your delivery due date of Jul 01, 2019.

rv1.JPG.37b5d8abb627666880a23ea6a1050175.JPG

And CS putted this order as a Buyer cancelaltion for late delivery.

Cancellations when an order is late can have a negative impact on a seller’s business.

This affected both : Order Completion Rate and On-time Delivery.

I contacted CS and I am waiting.

Maybe you need to check your cancellations if you have any “Buyer” cancellation.1631726585_Untitled-1copy.JPG.3475ec604247323e083e462c3d741275.JPG

• 1 month later...

Its just shocking mate!! CS dont give a crap any more and they just reply back with same generic messages. To them its not even an issue. Not sure what you have to do in order to make them aware of this problem. Ruining a lot of sellers business!!

Hi I’m a top rated seller and everything is good on my end but my gigs suddenly dropped from 2nd page to the last page and in last positions in every search, filter, recommended and best selling. All gigs are on the last page, last row and in last positions. It’s been 4 days they are still there. I don’t what to do just waiting. I know CS will give a general message of performance as usual. Please help me on this!

Hi I’m a top rated seller and everything is good on my end but my gigs suddenly dropped from 2nd page to the last page and in last positions in every search, filter, recommended and best selling. All gigs are on the last page, last row and in last positions. It’s been 4 days they are still there. I don’t what to do just waiting. I know CS will give a general message of performance as usual. Please help me on this!

Please help me on this!

We cannot help your gig return to the 2nd page. The search algorithm is performance-based. When you performance is high, you will likely rank higher. When your performance is low – as it appears to be right now – your gig will rank lower. This is how the system works. The only way to improve the likelihood of a better “ranking” is to be a great seller, who delivers top-quality work, on time, that earns positive reviews.

anyone had this same issue?

I have.

My Best selling gig which was on 1st page almost 2 years, suddenly dropped to the 8th page without any reason just within 1 hour. It was 13 days ago.

My stats are perfect:

ALL 100%. Response time: 1hr.

No negative reviews during last 3 months. I passed all recommended tests and courses.

I worked hard, had more than 10 orders each day and delivered all orders in time.

Now I have just few orders from my regular buyers. Sometimes I haven’t any orders at all.

I tried to contact fiverr CS but they just answered with their standard template.

I tried almost everything and it doesn’t helped.

Thank you, fiverr! You helped me a lot.

You can find more in this topic: Sales dropped by 70% after small fiverr update

My Best selling gig which was on 1st page almost 2 years,

Exactly the same situation.

Analytics all 100% and 5*

No negative for 1 year

Almost 15k reviews and more than 22k complete orders in this GIG

Now it’s on the last pages.

If I calculate everything positioned before me, it doesn’t have 70-80% of my reviews, I’m more sure there is no other gig with this performance in the video category.

After update sales dropped 70-75%.

01Capture.jpg.1843e9aed17f602da3811c90158b61bb.jpg

Please help me on this!

We cannot help your gig return to the 2nd page. The search algorithm is performance-based. When you performance is high, you will likely rank higher. When your performance is low – as it appears to be right now – your gig will rank lower. This is how the system works. The only way to improve the likelihood of a better “ranking” is to be a great seller, who delivers top-quality work, on time, that earns positive reviews.

sorry but that is not true, there is no such a thing if performance is low then your gig should be on last page ( to be specific last pages are 70-80 i think)

if performance is bad then gig goes down slowly like 1 row below or 2 or even 1 page down. Thats what you call performance-based!!

@captain_john same thing happened here mate, i was on page 1 line 3 for many years. Now for over 1 month this issue has been happening to me, which completely ruined my whole business. From earning 25k$+ to barely 2500$, BIG BIG BIG jump!!

it comes back for 1 day and disappears for 4 days, Now my gig is on page 1 last line. So past 1 month it only came back for 5/6 days. Remaining days it was on page 70th of best selling. No buyer will ever go to page 7 never mind 70th.

I have read on socialmedia that fiverr is getting rid of old sellers, they cant just ban you for no reason so they decided to do this way.

Competition is fierce at the moment. I did not think when I joined that it could get any worse. But it has gotten thrice bad. What the logic is around relegating long term or up and coming sellers is beyond me. I don’t think Fiverr knows completely what’s going on right now. Most likely there is an internal struggle with the founders vision and the share holders. Probably a half hearted attempt to change things for profit. As a result everyone who built this site is going by the wayside. It seems right now if you take your eye off the ball for one second your gone.

• 1 month later...

sorry but that is not true, there is no such a thing if performance is low then your gig should be on last page ( to be specific last pages are 70-80 i think)

if performance is bad then gig goes down slowly like 1 row below or 2 or even 1 page down. Thats what you call performance-based!!

@captain_john same thing happened here mate, i was on page 1 line 3 for many years. Now for over 1 month this issue has been happening to me, which completely ruined my whole business. From earning 25k$+ to barely 2500$, BIG BIG BIG jump!!

it comes back for 1 day and disappears for 4 days, Now my gig is on page 1 last line. So past 1 month it only came back for 5/6 days. Remaining days it was on page 70th of best selling. No buyer will ever go to page 7 never mind 70th.

I have read on socialmedia that fiverr is getting rid of old sellers, they cant just ban you for no reason so they decided to do this way.

@urban_creation6 Is your gig back to the first page? If yes, please what did you cos i am currently experiencing same problem. For the past 1 year, i have been on the first roll, first page, but suddenly i found my gig on the last page. What’s going on this days on this platform?

@urban_creation6 Is your gig back to the first page? If yes, please what did you cos i am currently experiencing same problem. For the past 1 year, i have been on the first roll, first page, but suddenly i found my gig on the last page. What’s going on this days on this platform?

No not back, its been 3 months for me. All my stats are 100% now, got many 5 star ratings, no cancellation, no bad feedback, no late deliveries. Everything is very good, but still gigs are not even moving an inch, They have put restrictions on my gigs. even blocked me from CS, as i have messaged them many times to address this issue but dont give a crap. They know the issue very well but ignoring it

• 3 weeks later...

No not back, its been 3 months for me. All my stats are 100% now, got many 5 star ratings, no cancellation, no bad feedback, no late deliveries. Everything is very good, but still gigs are not even moving an inch, They have put restrictions on my gigs. even blocked me from CS, as i have messaged them many times to address this issue but dont give a crap. They know the issue very well but ignoring it

Mine’s been almost a month now. Jumped from the first page overnight to the invincible page. I have to on ‘online’ filter before I can see all my gigs comfortably chilling on the last page. Just in case you were wondering, I haven’t had anything short of 5 star in about 2 months now. My question is, is there still hope for my account?

Mine’s been almost a month now. Jumped from the first page overnight to the invincible page. I have to on ‘online’ filter before I can see all my gigs comfortably chilling on the last page. Just in case you were wondering, I haven’t had anything short of 5 star in about 2 months now. My question is, is there still hope for my account?

I haven’t had anything short of 5 star in about 2 months now

If your stats are good now (no late deliveries, cancelations, and poor reviews), you will be back to the front soon. Please note that reviews are not the only thing that defines your position in search.

• 1 month later...

I am having the same issue here, my best selling gig which happened to be on the first page for months is now gone invisible for up to a month. i have read a lot over here. I don’t know what the new system might be but, a market place should be a place of competition, the new ones must learn to come bold to crack competition, if fiverr have to crack it for them, it is not looking just on some of us who resigned our outdoor work to start a business here on fiverr. Can you imagine the headache felt, building such prioritised business for 3 years and all of a sudden you are down without a warning, from days of many orders to weeks of no message or notification. THIS IS REALLY HARD.

Archived