Freelancer Graphic Designer: Track Changed

alamin1973

I’ve been working as a graphic designer since last 6+ years on various outsourcing marketplace. Until last 7/8 months, I usually concentrated particularly on Logo/Branding Contests. During the 6+ years I’ve won almost 300 contest and earning a handsome amount of money.

The scenario has drastically changed. Honeymoon period for Freelance Graphic designer, specially those who are keen to taking part on logo contests is over. Now we can witness, even in a $50 contest, there are pouring 1000+ different entries including various mockup on same logo. Contest holders are facing struggle to choose one suitable logo from the flood of entry. It is huge –effort loss and time loss. This also happened in the bid projects. As soon as visible a project, hundreds and hundreds of freelancer placed their bid.

The optimistic issue is, Fiverr.com has now emerge as an easy working place, where we can sell/buy our creativity without any effort loss. Just expose our expertise on a few words along with creative samples in gig. Then buyer will find and place their order.

Thanks to Fiverr.com

• 1 month later...

I’ve been working as a graphic designer since last 6+ years on various outsourcing marketplace. Until last 7/8 months, I usually concentrated particularly on Logo/Branding Contests. During the 6+ years I’ve won almost 300 contest and earning a handsome amount of money.

The scenario has drastically changed. Honeymoon period for Freelance Graphic designer, specially those who are keen to taking part on logo contests is over. Now we can witness, even in a $50 contest, there are pouring 1000+ different entries including various mockup on same logo. Contest holders are facing struggle to choose one suitable logo from the flood of entry. It is huge –effort loss and time loss. This also happened in the bid projects. As soon as visible a project, hundreds and hundreds of freelancer placed their bid.

The optimistic issue is, Fiverr.com has now emerge as an easy working place, where we can sell/buy our creativity without any effort loss. Just expose our expertise on a few words along with creative samples in gig. Then buyer will find and place their order.

Thanks to Fiverr.com

n period for Freelance Graphic designer, specially those who are keen to taking part on logo contests is over. Now we can witness, even in a $50 contest, there are pouring 1000+ different entries including various mockup on same logo. Contest holders are facing struggle to choose one suitable logo from the flood of entry. It is huge –effort

The last company I worked for used to make these “events” where they offered $50 for the best logo, but you had to include the source files. This way they stole the designs and modify them for upcoming customers. Sometimes one of the employees was the “winner” and they didn’t pay anything. Crappy Romanian graphic design company not worth naming online.

I felt so bad for all those people who probably did their best to impress those idiots. This is the reason I never participated in any of these contests.

n period for Freelance Graphic designer, specially those who are keen to taking part on logo contests is over. Now we can witness, even in a $50 contest, there are pouring 1000+ different entries including various mockup on same logo. Contest holders are facing struggle to choose one suitable logo from the flood of entry. It is huge –effort

The last company I worked for used to make these “events” where they offered $50 for the best logo, but you had to include the source files. This way they stole the designs and modify them for upcoming customers. Sometimes one of the employees was the “winner” and they didn’t pay anything. Crappy Romanian graphic design company not worth naming online.

I felt so bad for all those people who probably did their best to impress those idiots. This is the reason I never participated in any of these contests.

Thank you arctic designer for your comments.

Archived