Update Terms of Service

marieknight

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest integritymedia

I can’t find anything in the TOS prohibiting the transmission of URL’s through the messaging system. With exception, if it were a direct attempt to communicate outside of Fiverr, a violation may be interpreted under the Staying Out Of Trouble section.

"To protect our users’ privacy, user identities should be kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details (Other than your name) is not permitted. All communications, information and files exchange must be performed exclusively using Fiverr’s messaging system."

If this was not the case, I don’t see where the TOS was violated.

Guest integritymedia

I can’t find anything in the TOS prohibiting the transmission of URL’s through the messaging system. With exception, if it were a direct attempt to communicate outside of Fiverr, a violation may be interpreted under the Staying Out Of Trouble section.

"To protect our users’ privacy, user identities should be kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details (Other than your name) is not permitted. All communications, information and files exchange must be performed exclusively using Fiverr’s messaging system."

Guest integritymedia

Guest integritymedia

Guest integritymedia

oldbittygrandma said: You mean to say that you take Fiverr traffic, traffic that Fiverr's pays to bring you and you redirect buyers onto your website to where they are offered to buy something from you directly, off of the Fiverr platform?? I would think that doing that, is not allowed.

No, Jo.

He's saying he sell a "review" , "post" , "etc."

And that in order to "prove" delivery he sends the buyer a link to "his website"/"blog" where he's written the review.

Now, I suppose he could "send a youtube video showing a screen capture of the post. However, I would think that would cause more questions than answers for the buyer.

I think fiverr is powerfully reasonable.

Will errors be made? Sure.

However, I've found Fiverr generally allows an "exception" to the rules. For example, OBG posted this: To protect our users' privacy, user identities should be kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details (Other than your name) is not permitted.

However, Fiverr allows s***e and Oovoo based gigs.

Now this even became a problem ONE time in my history. A buyer bought a s***e based gig. And another gig. Asked about the s***e gig in the other gig. Got himself "redlined" I contacted CS and told them what happened, and they were like, OH OKay, no problem. Keep with the rules bye :)

LOL

• 3 months later...

All I am saying is that in a court of law ambiguity in a contract such as the TOS benefits the person who didn’t write the contract. That would be us sellers.

It would just have been nice to know about all of this BEFORE I had to go through it. I read the TOS and it doesnt specifically state Anything like what i posted

It’s all over now, but I lost half a months worth of sales. My hope is that by putting it here that someone else can avoid it. Or that Fiverr will update their TOS so others don’t have to go through what I and others like me have.

All I am saying is that in a court of law ambiguity in a contract such as the TOS benefits the person who didn’t write the contract. That would be us sellers.

It would just have been nice to know about all of this BEFORE I had to go through it. I read the TOS and it doesnt specifically state Anything like what i posted

It’s all over now, but I lost half a months worth of sales. My hope is that by putting it here that someone else can avoid it. Or that Fiverr will update their TOS so others don’t have to go through what I and others like me have.

• 6 months later...

“To protect our users’ privacy, user identities should be kept anonymous. Requesting or providing Email addresses, s***e/IM usernames, telephone numbers or any other personal contact details (Other than your name) is not permitted.

All communications, information and files exchange must be performed exclusively using Fiverr’s messaging system.”

====================================

This is clear and understandable. But what about when I want the seller to connect with one of my team members to fix a technical issue? I have several people user testing a mobile website we wrote … I’d like them to connect with my techie people.

Archived