Best way to counter 'just buy gig without contacting' people?

skybook

Hello, I’ve been lurker on forum for a while so I have a question. I have some negative experience with people just buying gig without contacting me (not giving me choice not to work with them) and I am not sure how to counter that. I raised prices recently and that seems to slow them down but they still pop out I am not sure what else to do? Random guy buys gig does not fill requirements for weeks and I take cancellation. Any tips/ideas?

• Like 2

I am not sure how to counter this because Fiverr is known for the buyer’s ability to book a gig without contacting the seller. It is what makes Fiverr unique, and some buyers seem to like this feature.

However, I must warn you to limit the number of revisions you offer. If you keep the unlimited revisions you now have on your gig then you could potentially be revising forever.

• Like 11

Rising prices was the only thing that worked for me. If it doesn’t stop the deluge, perhaps consider rising them a bit more?

I also plastered “CONTACT ME BEFORE PURCHASE” at the top of my gig description and I think I’m seeing some (very modest) decrease from that, too. There is no 100% effective solution to this, I’m afraid.

• Like 2

I agree with @lenasemenkova,
raising the price and “Message me” does help.

People will STILL place an order, but for me personally it did make a difference.
I added the “please message me before placing an order” in bold in the gig description,
I also placed the same message (again, in big bold letters) in my gig image. 🙂

• Like 3

What REALLY stopped this problem for me what was changing my gig videos to not only say that I require contact first for this particular gig, but explain why. I explain why it is in their best interests to contact me first and why suitability matters. After I did this I almost totally stopped getting the orders for that gig without prior contact and approval. And of course I also explain this in the gig description.

Once people see the value in compliance, they seem more likely to comply.

• Like 2

I am not sure how to counter this because Fiverr is known for the buyer’s ability to book a gig without contacting the seller. It is what makes Fiverr unique, and some buyers seem to like this feature.

However, I must warn you to limit the number of revisions you offer. If you keep the unlimited revisions you now have on your gig then you could potentially be revising forever.

@vickiespencer

forever young 😎

• Like 1

Fiverr was built to be an easy way for buyers to get virtual services. It tells the buyers they can find a gig they like, click the green button, and wait. If you have a problem with that, you’ll have to either cancel every one you get or deal with the fact that you work on a platform that caters to this kind of buyer.

• Like 1