Upwork account scam?

bryce_herbst

• 4 weeks later...

I just had my first buyer scammer wanting to use my Upwork account. Do people really fall for this scam? The scammer would not tell me in the Fiverr message, he gave me a link to view that had the whole scam typed up. I remained on Fiverr for the conversation and told him I was using my Upwork account, sorry. The scammer has not sent me another message.

I just had my first buyer scammer wanting to use my Upwork account. Do people really fall for this scam? The scammer would not tell me in the Fiverr message, he gave me a link to view that had the whole scam typed up. I remained on Fiverr for the conversation and told him I was using my Upwork account, sorry. The scammer has not sent me another message.

Report the scammer to Customer Support.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I remained on Fiverr for the conversation and told him I was using my Upwork account, sorry. The scammer has not sent me another message.

It sounds like this person has found a way to make it stop.

• 1 year later...
30 minutes ago, kevintestqa said:

I got one today. It seemed very suspicious but I’m glad I found this forum on the topic.  The person wanted to purchase a PC and send it to me in order to access Upwork. I

it's definitely some kind of scam attempt ( however this post is 1 year old , if you have a story to share about it you can start your own thread perhaps ) 

Archived