[CONTEST] Share your most heartwarming pet story!

caiterz

I wanna hear your most heartwarming/heartwrenching pet story! Even if it has a sad ending!

I love those chicken soup books where they tell stories about heartwarming/wrenching stories.

(Example:A girl who has a kitten that wakes her up every morning, and as they grew older together, the cat died, and the girl had trouble waking up to an alarm after that.)

So I’ll hold a contest! Whoever has the story I like most, gets this gig (and all extras) for free! 🙂

This contest will run for ~1 Week or less if we get a lot of entries off the bat. 🙂

http://forum.fiverr.com/discussion/2159/discount-i039ll-proofreadcorrect-or-critiquereview-any-english-textarticlewebsiteessaypaper#Item_1

Great offer 🙂 I have a sad story about my kiiten

"it was about 5 years ago now, my family decided it was time to get a new kitten for my cat to have a buddy. So i searched online for the most perfect kitten and one day i found him. He was very fluffy and grey and very very cute :). I named him smokey, so then we took him home and well of course are older cat being territorial started hissing and growling! She wouldn’t go near anyone and hid 24/7. Smokey wouldn’t even be mean to her he would just go over to her to cuddle or to be friendly and my other cat would instantly hiss and freak out. It wasn’t until about a month they started to get along, we one day even found them sleeping together! So then we took smokey in to get his needles and such and the vet told us if we were planning on getting him fixed we should do it soon. So a couple days later my dad took him in early in the morning so not expecting anything I never seen him before he left… Biggest mistake of my life :’(. I went to work and came home, my dad seemed upset and then started to tell me how when the vets put smokey to sleep he took a allergic reaction to the medicine and died :(. I was heart broken he was so small and so innocent and never even got to live his life… To this day we all think that he really didn’t die how the vets say he did because we found out that one of the vets working that day was new so we think she gave him way to much and killed him." That is my pet story, R.I.P Smokey.

This picture was back in 2007 on my graduation night with smokey

"it was about 5 years ago now, my family decided it was time to get a new kitten for my cat to have a buddy. So i searched online for the most perfect kitten and one day i found him. He was very fluffy and grey and very very cute :). I named him smokey, so then we took him home and well of course are older cat being territorial started hissing and growling! She wouldn’t go near anyone and hid 24/7. Smokey wouldn’t even be mean to her he would just go over to her to cuddle or to be friendly and my other cat would instantly hiss and freak out. It wasn’t until about a month they started to get along, we one day even found them sleeping together! So then we took smokey in to get his needles and such and the vet told us if we were planning on getting him fixed we should do it soon. So a couple days later my dad took him in early in the morning so not expecting anything I never seen him before he left… Biggest mistake of my life :’(. I went to work and came home, my dad seemed upset and then started to tell me how when the vets put smokey to sleep he took a allergic reaction to the medicine and died :(. I was heart broken he was so small and so innocent and never even got to live his life… To this day we all think that he really didn’t die how the vets say he did because we found out that one of the vets working that day was new so we think she gave him way to much and killed him." That is my pet story, R.I.P Smokey.

So back in the 90’s, we came home one night late. Walking to the door we heard a meow, over and over, weak and distant. We followed the sound until we were standing in front of about 15 pipes, laying on the ground. At this point, of course, we realize it is a kitten, stuck in the pipe. Now these are the long drilling pipes, used in Texas to drill for oil. They were very thin, maybe 2 inches in diameter, so as you can imagine our shock, thinking something that could fit into that SMALL hole was in distress.

The pipe was heavy and not on our property and it is 2 in the morning and a little chilly. If we leave it there, it is sure to die. So we knock on our neighbors door (who has the pipes in their yard). They are not pleased to be woken out of bed so early and after a quick conversation (they did not care one bit - do what we wanted - just don’t knock again), we had permission to go into the yard a try to see what we could do.

Sparing you the details, after about an hour, we were able to get the kitten out of the pipe and it was tiny. Could not have been more than 5 weeks old and it was full of oil, wet and shivering. But this little things had the lungs of an ox and was very vocal about her displeasure of what had transpired and we guessed, was very hungry. So we cleaner her up and off to Walmart we go (so glad they are open at that hour) to get a bottle and milk for the poor thing, which we now had wrapped in a blanket and in a box with us.

We saved that kitten and fed it and nurtured it. We took it to the vet, who told us what to do. Now since we found this cat in a pipe, just like Baby Jessica (who for you youngsters was a baby that fell down a pipe in the backyard and had to be saved), we named her Jessie as a fun little name in honor of baby Jessica.

On to the greatest pet story ever (IMHO). Now, I have a household of dogs and dog lovers, no cats to be found, as we have allergies and simply can’t have a cat. So we set out to take care of Jessie until she is old enough to find a loving home. The dogs all reacted a bit differently. But my golden retriever (male as luck would have it) became the champion for this little monster, I mean growing kitten. Jessie was raised by our doggie clan and often could be found being “bathed” by a golden retriever who liked to lap up the milk dribble on her face after a feeding. He cleaned her, laid down to let her nuzzle him and kept an eye on her all the time. It was the sweetest thing in the world and eventually we ALL fell in love with her.

Our Baby Jessie was the hardest thing in the world to part with and trust me, we shed tears for days, but we simply could not live with a cat with the allergies we had. Baby Jessie came in as a 5-week old, scared kitten. She left as a 12-week, confident well-adjusted dog, errrr, I mean cat who thinks she is a dog.

; ) We will always remember her, her little paws kneading us as we fed her, her little body rolling when our dog “bathed” her a bit to energetically and how much she simply loved life.

Archived