Making more than my part-time job!

tannerman

Wow. After over a year on Fiverr and about 8 months at my current part-time job, last month it hit me - I am making more money on Fiverr than my part-time job. Which seems odd to me, considering I spend more time at my other job.

I have never considered Fiverr as a job. If someone ask me where I’d work, I would tell them about my part time job. Although I now notice Fiverr is actually making me more money, I just never thought it would compare to a real paycheck.

Fiverr is changing things up a bit. It will be interesting to see how it evolves in the future.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tanner, do you think you’ll start to change how you answer the question: “What do you do for a living?” in light of this realization?

Also, you spoke so well here, I’m wondering if you can give us a sense of how this impacts your LIFE…how will/are things improving for you with this additional stream of income?

That’s great! I hope I can say the same myself in the near future. 🙂

One question - is this something you’ve noticed in just the last month or two? i.e. earnings on Fiverr have been steadily rising and last month you cleared more here than in your “regular” job for the first time? Do you expect to continue to earn at least that much on a monthly basis going forward?

Reply to @anarchofighter: I’ve started telling people about my successes on here, and everyone is shocked. Some have even expresses interest in joining the site as well!

To answer your second question, the money from my part time job and from Fiverr go to a bank account immediately before I feel the need to touch it. 😛 However I do pay myself an “allowance”, and lately I’ve felt like I can afford to do more than I ever have before.

Reply to @pennywebs: I just noticed, however my revenues have also increased exponentially the past few months. I think it only went on one or two months before I noticed. And so far, I expect that trend to continue to increase. However, December I dumbled my record, which was pretty surprising.

I only started this recently as my head was overflowing with ideas and I needed an outlet lol. Just had 20 orders in my first few weeks for my animated intro videos. I couldn’t be more happy and grateful and anything I make helps keep the wolf from the door

Archived