Psychics - Is the Future Ever Escapable?

cyaxrex

I am not a fan of organized religions of any type. People can use them to feel like they are better than other people, or judge others, even if they aren’t aware of it.

I am not a fan of organized religions of any type

Neither am I.

People can use them to feel like they are better than other people, or judge others, even if they aren’t aware of it.

Everyone constantly tries to find ways to perceive themselves as better than other people. This is why fast cars exist. This is also why one of the first questions people ask when they meet someone new is, “so, what do you do.”

(Apart from in Britain, there we kind of mastered the art of polite conversation by only every making small talk about the weather while offering people copious amounts of tea. 😉 )

The problem as I see it overall with religion and spirituality at present is that a lot of people want what is essentially a pick and mix religion.

Most people want an afterlife, but nobody wants an omnipotent creator at the helm. In this case, they subtract the creator and replace it with something more convenient. Usually, this is a non-conscious elemental force, collective consciousness, or an extraterrestrial based force. Specifically, one which can do everything an omnipotent creator can, but will never ever judge them.

Usually, when people do choose a pick and mix religion, they also want to promote the fact a lot. You won’t find many Christian YouTube influencers or avowedly Christian related service sellers on Fiverr. However, you do find a lot of New-Age Spirituality YT influencers and Fiverr sellers. In this case, while you can argue that people turn to traditional religion to be judgmental, I could argue that people turn to other forms of spirituality for attention, profit, and convenience.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not a fan of organized religions of any type

Neither am I.

People can use them to feel like they are better than other people, or judge others, even if they aren’t aware of it.

Everyone constantly tries to find ways to perceive themselves as better than other people. This is why fast cars exist. This is also why one of the first questions people ask when they meet someone new is, “so, what do you do.”

(Apart from in Britain, there we kind of mastered the art of polite conversation by only every making small talk about the weather while offering people copious amounts of tea. 😉 )

The problem as I see it overall with religion and spirituality at present is that a lot of people want what is essentially a pick and mix religion.

Most people want an afterlife, but nobody wants an omnipotent creator at the helm. In this case, they subtract the creator and replace it with something more convenient. Usually, this is a non-conscious elemental force, collective consciousness, or an extraterrestrial based force. Specifically, one which can do everything an omnipotent creator can, but will never ever judge them.

Usually, when people do choose a pick and mix religion, they also want to promote the fact a lot. You won’t find many Christian YouTube influencers or avowedly Christian related service sellers on Fiverr. However, you do find a lot of New-Age Spirituality YT influencers and Fiverr sellers. In this case, while you can argue that people turn to traditional religion to be judgmental, I could argue that people turn to other forms of spirituality for attention, profit, and convenience.

I’m sure that some people do use new age religious ideas for a profit.

I’ve been meditating from the time I was 14 and have come to some beliefs of my own without guidance or input from any outside forces or people telling me things, or books. My beliefs about spirituality are what I’ve arrived at on my own.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

If you hadn’t dreamed what you did, maybe you’d have been less preoccupied with being careful

This is true. Curiously, though, last night I had a dream about having to move a rusty bike from the road outside.

This too pretty much happened exactly as in my dream this morning. It was even in exactly the same place and position. There was no warning component to that one. In this case, now I’m wondering if I’m having a few premonition-like dreams to prepare me for a big one which I should take notice of. - Just a theory, and I do try to be careful how I interpret these things.

Broken endy-bits are never fun

They’re not, especially when you live with a tiny moody Mexican who demands to be walked at least 4 times a day!

This is also now one of several ankle, foot, and toe breaks which I have sustained over the past 5-years, all because I spend all summer wearing jandles/flip flops. In this case, I’ve decided to swallow my barefoot pride and have bought 2 pairs of steel toe capped and puncture-proof safety trainers from eBay. Hopefully, this will signal an end to my run of annual foot injuries.

I don’t know how time works but it’s possible to predict things and not that hard for a lot of people whether it’s dreams or playing cards. I drew the same cards three times in a row saying I would go to the hospital in the coming six months and got health insurance based on that for the first time ever. Then after about four months had an emergency where I had a kidney stone removed. It was my first time in a hospital.

The cards have never been wrong, even when at the time they seemed to say something that I didn’t believe.

So either there is something, some force, that is eager to warn us of things, or a more sinister force that, by predicting something, makes it happen. Because of this uncertainty, I don’t make predictions with cards very often.

On another note and unrelated to this, if you have tried remote viewing and had uncanny success with it like I have, you do get the impression there is a cosmic consciousness. So remote viewing, dreams and card reading all may be tapping into that.

As shown by the mind blowing accuracy of reading playing cards, clearly the future is already written somewhere.

I truly believe the VERY second we were born, our entire life has already been planned out for us - or atleast, our MAJOR events in life has been planned out for us already.

I really hope that this is not true. However, I did have a reading when I was 16 where the woman doing it just kept saying "you are not in this country very long." As it is, I’m 34, haven’t lived in my home country (England) for more than a few weeks since I was 21, and I have no plans of ever going back.

I guess now I just have to worry about the last bit which was "in the end, you are surrounded by government officials."

I really hope that this is not true. However, I did have a reading when I was 16 where the woman doing it just kept saying "you are not in this country very long." As it is, I’m 34, haven’t lived in my home country (England) for more than a few weeks since I was 21, and I have no plans of ever going back.

I guess now I just have to worry about the last bit which was "in the end, you are surrounded by government officials."

My mom went to a palm reader and they said the same thing to her - that she would be leaving the country and wouldn’t even have time to pack her bags. The palm reader also said she would never come back to her old country again

Everything the palm reader said was true. Man I wish I had a cool experience like you both did.

I went to my first fortune teller when I was 13 and they gave me a bunch of BS lol. But going to her actually made me curious and start developing my skills in psychic readings, tarot cards, etc.

I think this thread was posted on Friday and on Saturday my aunt called me because grandpa told her he’d die “tomorrow morning” and we should all come say our goodbyes. Grandpa has a final stage of bone cancer and he’s been on his way out for a few months now. He’s not quite himself anymore and doesn’t talk much but my aunt claims he was completely lucid when he said that.

We ended up having an improvised wake rehearsal (or something). It was pretty bizarre. I just kept thinking, “What if he’s right?” I think I’d be pretty freaked out if he could predict it with such a level of accuracy. (He didn’t die when he said he would and has no recollection of saying that).

• 1 month later...

Archived