Psychics - Is the Future Ever Escapable?

cyaxrex

Jonbaas, was that an auto-flag because of the J-word?

Hmm. Yeah, I was surprised by the autoflag myself as well. Perhaps. Perhaps the J-word was Jud ah ism. Jesus Christ was not flagged in my past comments.

I’ll wait out the 10 minutes, and remove the religion reference. 🙂

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do Christians know who wrote the Bible, and who edited it, and the forces behind the editing out of some books that could or maybe should be included in the Bible

I turned Christian after using words in the Bible today to rebuke demons. - Real ones, I never had a problem after I did, aside from the regret that I hadn’t done so sooner.

As I understand it now, there was a concerted effort back in the day, to never have the Bible translated into readable English. As soon as it was, some translators met unfortunate ends.

As it stands now, the Bible is as God wanted it. If you read it, it contains all the information you need to get to heaven. Perhaps some books were lost or corrupted. However, its final print (as I see it) is exactly as it was intended to be.

The same argument i listened growing up in a muslim family, that Koran is preserved as God words don’t know what to say dude

when dinosaurs were created, they likely didn’t have sharp teeth, nor were they the fearsome creatures we know them to be today. Sin – and later permission from God (after the Flood) – are likely what turned the dinosaurs into the meat-eaters we are fascinated with in modern culture.

The flood from Genesis 7:17?

So Noah took every species of dinosaur on the ark? Wouldn’t some of them be too big and wouldn’t there be too many species of everything, to fit on 1 ark? Also surely the dinosaurs existed millions of years before Noah would have existed on Earth.

So Noah took every species of dinosaur on the ark?

No, just the source breed – likely similar to how we have many breeds of dogs today, but they are all sourced form one true dog. The same would have to have been true of the many other sub-breeds of animals. Noah didn’t take all breeds of penguins on the ark, just whatever true penguin existed at the time. Many types of penquins have resulted in the time since the flood based upon the environments the sub-species of penguins live in.

Also surely the dinosaurs existed millions of years before Noah would have existed on Earth.

Christianity does not believe in millions of years, since that is not what the literal Bible says. Noah was born some 1,000 years after Adam – somewhere in there. I’d have to do the calculations from the Bible geneology to know how long after Adam he was born – the Bible does tell us. Dinosaurs likely existed at the same time as Noah.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Of course I have a problem when groups are shunned from any religion and Christianity is a religion that as it is practiced today does a lot of shunning and shaming.

This is not true. No one comes out and beats you with a stick if you have an alternate belief or opinion. You take it, or you don’t take it.

Every religion has guide lines to live by. For some reason, Christianity is perceived as the ultimate boogeyman, despite its rules being more lax than most.

I didn’t flag any posts I just want people to know.

I didn’t flag any posts I just want people to know.

I know. It was likely auto-ed due to my use of a specific religious group. I would assume the word used was listed as inappropriate in the forum system to restrict any sort of religious arguing. I have altered my post to use a different descriptive word.

Nothing I wrote was intended to be inappropriate to any religious group. It was likely just the forum doing it’s auto-moderation thing. No harm done. 🙂

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Try living in certain parts of the Bible Belt in America as a gay person and see how it goes. Openly gay people are banned from some churches.

That’s people banning people from a place with a belief they hold the keys to a divine instruction manual which justifies the fact.

First, put the same people in many other parts of the world and religions there would act more brutally.

Secondly, Christianity says several things about marriage being the most sacred thing and that it must be cherished as such because some men can’t marry. It was accepted then that some men don’t marry, as it was women, but no call was put out for direct discrimination.

This is probably not the direction fiverr would choose our conversation to go in so I removed this post.

As long as we are respectful of others and their beliefs, I believe we are allowed to have this healthy discussion. This topic is in the Conversations forum after all. We just need to keep away from any argument, or attacking people. Neither of those things are appropriate for any conversation. I’m trusting that all of us can do this. 😉

Try living in certain parts of the Bible Belt in America as a gay person and see how it goes. Openly gay people are banned from some churches.

That’s people banning people from a place with a belief they hold the keys to a divine instruction manual which justifies the fact.

First, put the same people in many other parts of the world and religions there would act more brutally.

Secondly, Christianity says several things about marriage being the most sacred thing and that it must be cherished as such because some men can’t marry. It was accepted then that some men don’t marry, as it was women, but no call was put out for direct discrimination.

You must be from a more civilized society than the one I’m living in.

I went to school with a lady who became a Christian at age 18 and if you only knew, she’s a minister, lives in a multimillion dollar house paid for by devout Christians who thought they were donating to a worthy cause.

When the acquisition of self-wealth becomes more important to a “minister” than the teaching of his faith’s message, than that “minister”, really isn’t a minister anymore, nor is he/she the definition of what a minister – a servant – truly is.

I went to school with a lady who became a Christian at age 18 and if you only knew, she’s a minister, lives in a multimillion dollar house paid for by devout Christians who thought they were donating to a worthy cause.

When the acquisition of self-wealth becomes more important to a “minister” than the teaching of his faith’s message, than that “minister”, really isn’t a minister anymore, nor is he/she the definition of what a minister – a servant – truly is.

It’s a big business that makes some people extremely wealthy. That’s no secret. Not that it’s typical. Just saying that it’s not without that element.

It’s a big business that makes some people extremely wealthy. That’s no secret. Not that it’s typical. Just saying that it’s not without that element.

It’s a big business that makes some people extremely wealthy.

And it’s sad that this is true, too. But it also shows the true colors of someone who claims to be spreading a faith-based message. Being a minister is about serving the message, not the wealth that can be gained from the followers of that message.

But light from objects we see in the world has to pass through the eyes or optic nerve (unless you have a camera with a connection to the back of the head and a chip implanted on the brain or something). But the resolution is not high enough to see stuff at the quantum level. Our brains when interpreting actual vision is based on those lower resolution optic nerves etc.

Your eyes have only one true vision, when you see things for the first Time. After that you will see the world with your thoughts not with your eyes.

Your eyes have only one true vision, when you see things for the first Time. After that you will see the world with your thoughts not with your eyes.

I’m curious… how does someone “see with their thoughts”? That’s an unusual statement to make. Perhaps you’d be willing to clarify it a bit more?

Future is what you make it. That’s the beauty of free will. Every decision you make now is going to shape your future timeline. Due to the quantum nature of the universe there are infinite outcomes. Your mind can also see the most probable future that can happen so the visions you had in your dream might have been just that, a glimpse that you saw to warn you of the things to come. You may have a gift of clairvoyance that you are not fully aware of.

I believe that consciousness is everything and that we are just but a tiny gear in a much larger mechanism. That divine consciousness, what we call “God” is in all of us, in everything around us. When you make a prayer, really deep prayer, you are communicating with God. God is everything. We are only extensions of that source energy, that consciousness and if I had to give an analogy to all of this; we are like smart light bulbs connected to a vast electrical field, and not only this life energy but also data can go both way and store all our experiences in this divine collective consciousness.

That’s just my vision of course.

I’m curious… how does someone “see with their thoughts”? That’s an unusual statement to make. Perhaps you’d be willing to clarify it a bit more?

how does someone “see with their thoughts”

There is no vision without understanding, and our understanding is built upon the way we think.

Interesting conversation indeed. As for the initial question (dreams vs future) I think that it’s connected with the jungian definition of synchronicity. In terms of our ability to predict or perceive hidden or future aspects of reality - the so called sixth sense - a theory says that has something to do with the theory of the natural selection, according to which our brain evolved by virtue of the principle of survival, and has therefore become capable to collect and elaborate external information below our awareness treshold.

I don’t know what I believe. I had a dream about being on stage with Green Day. A year later it happened at a festival. I was picked out of the crowd. It was embarrassing though because I couldn’t hear myself and the adrenaline was pumping. Who is to know whether I predicted the future? All music fans probably have dreams like that.

I also had another dream about someone I know having multiples… They have!!!

I’ve had plenty of other dreams in my life. I’m hoping the one where I became a millionaire was a prediction 😂

I also did a tarot reading for myself when I was younger with specific questions and I wrote everything down. When I looked at it years later every single thing had meaning and came true. Even more long term, it predicted that I would have twins.

I have seen two spiritualists in my life with mixed results. One was a scam, she asked me who has the white dog? I had very obvious white cat hair on my clothes. The other made me cry with how accurate she was. I make a point about not giving anything away. She knew that I had just broken up with someone and told me not to go on holiday with them. I did end up going on the holiday we had booked before we broke up and he cheated afterwards. She told me I would meet someone else, I would be in the newspaper (this wasn’t quite accurate but I was interviewed on radio and tv after the Green Day thing). Oh wait, actually my photo was in a newspaper in an article about my old workplace. (Most people could end up in a newspaper though). She also mentioned the names of my future band mates (that’s how I met my husband).

I still don’t know what to believe, are they all just meaningful coincidences? Is everything predicted so broad that it will cover a lot of likely scenarios? The dream about taking a picture of your foot though, that’s one hell of a meaningful coincidence due to the timing!

Humans dream most nights, maybe it’s just inevitable that we will dream about something that will happen due to how many dreams we have.

“The happiness of your life depends upon the quality of your thoughts.”

- Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

I used to have dreams which came to reality often. When I was younger it was more frequent than now. The dreams were not something serious but just ordinary daily lives. But when they happened in real life the settings were the same, the temperature, the way I dressed, same hairstyle, the color of the curtains, the people, they were the same. Nothing extra, nothing less. I would feel nauseating at that moment, I can’t even describe how bad I felt. Which is why I never liked dreaming. It didn’t happened for a long time now, as I grew the dreams became lesser and lesser. Which is good, because I hate the feeling of it when it happens.

I think a lot of people experiences dreams which comes true for them. For example, my brother had a dream about my uncle’s death. A few days later he died (natural death in sleep).

I don’t know if we can escape this destiny even if we know it’s going to happen. Sometimes I feel like even if we try we can’t escape what we are destined for. I have worked hard for many things in my life but I didn’t get what I wanted but rather have gotten something totally different. I really hate to believe that our lives are pre-planned, it makes me feel like caged animal. But reality seems to prove that it is the case indeed.

It was accepted then that some men don’t marry, as it was women, but no call was put out for direct discrimination.

People are excluded from being allowed into churches. It’s not all love peace and goodwill toward all. I’m sure you must realize this.

It was accepted then that some men don’t marry, as it was women, but no call was put out for direct discrimination.

People are excluded from being allowed into churches. It’s not all love peace and goodwill toward all. I’m sure you must realize this.

This is the same in all the Abrahamic religions. In some, you can also be stoned or killed for not towing the line.

In either case, you must realize that I already answered this point by saying:

In this case, I’m not sure why you are trying to recycle the same question.

I used to have dreams which came to reality often. When I was younger it was more frequent than now. The dreams were not something serious but just ordinary daily lives. But when they happened in real life the settings were the same, the temperature, the way I dressed, same hairstyle, the color of the curtains, the people, they were the same. Nothing extra, nothing less. I would feel nauseating at that moment, I can’t even describe how bad I felt. Which is why I never liked dreaming. It didn’t happened for a long time now, as I grew the dreams became lesser and lesser. Which is good, because I hate the feeling of it when it happens.

I think a lot of people experiences dreams which comes true for them. For example, my brother had a dream about my uncle’s death. A few days later he died (natural death in sleep).

I don’t know if we can escape this destiny even if we know it’s going to happen. Sometimes I feel like even if we try we can’t escape what we are destined for. I have worked hard for many things in my life but I didn’t get what I wanted but rather have gotten something totally different. I really hate to believe that our lives are pre-planned, it makes me feel like caged animal. But reality seems to prove that it is the case indeed.

"You can’t change things outside of your control, but you can change your attitude.

- Marcus Aurelius

You can control 90% of your life, the rest controlled by fate of God.

For quiet mind we need to love fate.

This is the same in all the Abrahamic religions. In some, you can also be stoned or killed for not towing the line.

In either case, you must realize that I already answered this point by saying:

In this case, I’m not sure why you are trying to recycle the same question.

I am not a fan of organized religions of any type. People can use them to feel like they are better than other people, or judge others, even if they aren’t aware of it.

Archived