Psychics - Is the Future Ever Escapable?

cyaxrex

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was taking a nap where I dreamed of seeing my ex husband whom I hadn’t seen or talked to in over a year when suddenly a knock on the door woke me up. Guess who it was? My ex husband with his new boat wanting to take me for a ride in it.

That’s a good one. Reads like a dream within a dream.

We don’t see with our eyes, we see with our thoughts.

But light from objects we see in the world has to pass through the eyes or optic nerve (unless you have a camera with a connection to the back of the head and a chip implanted on the brain or something). But the resolution is not high enough to see stuff at the quantum level. Our brains when interpreting actual vision is based on those lower resolution optic nerves etc.

But light from objects we see in the world has to pass through the eyes or optic nerve (unless you have a camera with a connection to the back of the head and a chip implanted on the brain or something). But the resolution is not high enough to see stuff at the quantum level. Our brains when interpreting actual vision is based on those lower resolution optic nerves etc.

That True, but the light first passes through a tough protective sheet called the cornea and then moves into the lens. This adjustable structure bends the light, focusing it down to a point on the retina, at the back of the eye. The retina is covered in millions of light-sensitive receptors known as rods and cones.

True. The mind is a filter that filters a lot of things out our eyes take in and puts it into a picture that fits with what we think is there.

Yes. But did you know our brain does that work you made mention, Assuming we are thinking of something, at that particular moment our brain will recollect all the things our eyes captured and then take it back to our mind to fit in.

You say God has time:

If God has time (past, present, future), it means there is someone who created God.

On the Islam, God (Allah) doesn’t have time. The God is time itself.

If God has time (past, present, future), it means there is someone who created God.

Unfortunately, the God of Christianity and Allah of Islam are not the same person/being. These beings are described – and operate – differently in each religion. This has been a point of contention for both Christianity and Islam for centuries, and is a far greater topic for another place and time. It need not be discussed here.

In Christianity, God created the universe and everything within it in six days. He existed before creation, and thus, when he created everything in six days, he created time. In this sense, the Christian God exists outside of time, since he is the creator of time.

In Christianity, God is triune – three in one, therefore, he is one with Jesus Christ – the Son of God – who came to earth, lived 33 years as one of us, and was crucified to pay the debt of sin – in our place. In this sense, he experienced life within time, as we do, when Jesus Christ lived 33 years before his death and resurrection.

I need not get into these topics any further here, though, either, because I do not wish to dominate this discussion with a divergent explanation. Suffice it to say, the God of Christianity does exist outside of time, and he is well aware aware of what it is like to live within time as well. The Christian God is also all-knowing, therefore, he automatically knows what it is like to be God outside of time, and what we experience within our lives inside time.

And, since God is all-knowing, I could have just said that, and fully clarified my point, instead of describing things above as I did. 😉

Point of note: I am the son of Protestant Christian pastor. I understand – and can sufficiently debate – Christian topics quite well. Of course, this is just a point of fact, and also need not become the impetus for a divergent conversation. 🙃

I didn’t know you were a Christian @jonbaas. If you are not, no worries. That is the direction I ended up going a few years ago though. (Lots of long complicated reasons, no regrets.)

If I dream of seeing people I haven’t seen or thought about for a long time, I’ll bump into them in reality in 24-48 hours after the dream.

I used to have this. I fasted for the first time in 2016. I ended up kind of living the first few hours of a day before I woke up. i.e. I’d dream I was walking my dog and meet a man with a prosthetic leg. Later, I would wake up, walk my dog, and I would meet a man with a prosthetic leg.

In the end, there were too many events similar to dreamed events that it got a bit silly. However, I have fasted several times since and never had the same experience repeat.

I didn’t know you were a Christian @jonbaas.

I am indeed. (see my last comment in response to cerboub). 😉

I didn’t know you were a Christian @jonbaas. If you are not, no worries. That is the direction I ended up going a few years ago though. (Lots of long complicated reasons, no regrets.)

If I dream of seeing people I haven’t seen or thought about for a long time, I’ll bump into them in reality in 24-48 hours after the dream.

I used to have this. I fasted for the first time in 2016. I ended up kind of living the first few hours of a day before I woke up. i.e. I’d dream I was walking my dog and meet a man with a prosthetic leg. Later, I would wake up, walk my dog, and I would meet a man with a prosthetic leg.

In the end, there were too many events similar to dreamed events that it got a bit silly. However, I have fasted several times since and never had the same experience repeat.

That is the direction I ended up going a few years ago though.

Are you still a Christian?

Apologies in advance if that question is too personal. Feel free not to answer it. Lots you do offends me, but if you ignore this post, it’s cool. 😉

That is the direction I ended up going a few years ago though.

Apologies in advance if that question is too personal. Feel free not to answer it. Lots you do offends me, but if you ignore this post, it’s cool. 😉

Yes.

To be honest, it is very inconvenient, but I do try. Back in 2012 my old boss (who I loathed) gave me a Bible for Christmas. I had it on a shelf for years, unread, unopened, and then one day when I kind of needed it, it turned out to be best possession I ever owned.

Unfortunately, the God of Christianity and Allah of Islam are not the same person/being. These beings are described – and operate – differently in each religion. This has been a point of contention for both Christianity and Islam for centuries, and is a far greater topic for another place and time. It need not be discussed here.

In Christianity, God created the universe and everything within it in six days. He existed before creation, and thus, when he created everything in six days, he created time. In this sense, the Christian God exists outside of time, since he is the creator of time.

In Christianity, God is triune – three in one, therefore, he is one with Jesus Christ – the Son of God – who came to earth, lived 33 years as one of us, and was crucified to pay the debt of sin – in our place. In this sense, he experienced life within time, as we do, when Jesus Christ lived 33 years before his death and resurrection.

I need not get into these topics any further here, though, either, because I do not wish to dominate this discussion with a divergent explanation. Suffice it to say, the God of Christianity does exist outside of time, and he is well aware aware of what it is like to live within time as well. The Christian God is also all-knowing, therefore, he automatically knows what it is like to be God outside of time, and what we experience within our lives inside time.

And, since God is all-knowing, I could have just said that, and fully clarified my point, instead of describing things above as I did. 😉

Point of note: I am the son of Protestant Christian pastor. I understand – and can sufficiently debate – Christian topics quite well. Of course, this is just a point of fact, and also need not become the impetus for a divergent conversation. 🙃

when he created everything in six days,

Is everything in the bible meant to be taken literally though? Surely man hasn’t existed on Earth since the beginning. eg. if he created man on the 6th day how did man not exist on Earth until a long time after the dinosaurs?

Yes.

To be honest, it is very inconvenient, but I do try. Back in 2012 my old boss (who I loathed) gave me a Bible for Christmas. I had it on a shelf for years, unread, unopened, and then one day when I kind of needed it, it turned out to be best possession I ever owned.

Don’t you want to be a Christian?

Is everything in the bible meant to be taken literally though? Surely man hasn’t existed on Earth since the beginning. eg. if he created man on the 6th day how did man not exist on Earth until a long time after the dinosaurs?

It was crazy for a young child to be learning about science and evolution in school and then hearing the Biblical version of creation in Sunday school. It didn’t add up for me. I knew which one I thought was true.

Is everything in the bible meant to be taken literally though?

There are different schools of thought on this. However, I’d say yes. Look into something called sonic luminescence in physics, and you will see how it is possible to make light out of sound. (i.e, In the beginning God said let there be light.)

I have no idea if that is how God did it. However, I do believe there is a strong literal case for the Bible. Not, of course, that that case is always convenient.

Yes. A literal, direct understanding is the whole purpose of the Christian Bible.

Surely man hasn’t existed on Earth since the beginning. eg. if he created man on the 6th day how did man not exist on Earth until a long time after the dinosaurs?

Unfortunately, you are confusing a secular view of history, with the literalism of the Bible. In Christianity, God created Adam – the first man (and not long after, Eve, the first woman) on the sixth day of creation. Dinosaurs are land animals, therefore, they were also created on the sixth day – shortly before Adam (man was the last thing created). Therefore, technically, the dinosaurs existed on Earth before man, but only for a few hours (since a day only lasts 24 hours).

It’s also worth noting, according to the Christian Bible/faith, animals were not created to be meat-eaters, therefore, when dinosaurs were created, they likely didn’t have sharp teeth, nor were they the fearsome creatures we know them to be today. Sin – and later permission from God (after the Flood) – are likely what turned the dinosaurs into the meat-eaters we are fascinated with in modern culture.

I can be whatever I want. I can be fat if I want by diving into a bowl of cake every day. I’d like that too, it just wouldn’t be convenient for me, no matter how much I love layers of sponge cake sandwiched between rich chocolate cream and icing, I’d just end up getting fat and incurring medical bills.

i.e. Sometimes you have to know how to control what you want and end up better for it.

Yes. A literal, direct understanding is the whole purpose of the Christian Bible.

Surely man hasn’t existed on Earth since the beginning. eg. if he created man on the 6th day how did man not exist on Earth until a long time after the dinosaurs?

Unfortunately, you are confusing a secular view of history, with the literalism of the Bible. In Christianity, God created Adam – the first man (and not long after, Eve, the first woman) on the sixth day of creation. Dinosaurs are land animals, therefore, they were also created on the sixth day – shortly before Adam (man was the last thing created). Therefore, technically, the dinosaurs existed on Earth before man, but only for a few hours (since a day only lasts 24 hours).

It’s also worth noting, according to the Christian Bible/faith, animals were not created to be meat-eaters, therefore, when dinosaurs were created, they likely didn’t have sharp teeth, nor were they the fearsome creatures we know them to be today. Sin – and later permission from God (after the Flood) – are likely what turned the dinosaurs into the meat-eaters we are fascinated with in modern culture.

when dinosaurs were created, they likely didn’t have sharp teeth, nor were they the fearsome creatures we know them to be today. Sin – and later permission from God (after the Flood) – are likely what turned the dinosaurs into the meat-eaters we are fascinated with in modern culture.

The flood from Genesis 7:17?

So Noah took every species of dinosaur on the ark? Wouldn’t some of them be too big and wouldn’t there be too many species of everything, to fit on 1 ark? Also surely the dinosaurs existed millions of years before Noah would have existed on Earth.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Do Christians know who wrote the Bible, and who edited it, and the forces behind the editing out of some books that could or maybe should be included in the Bible but were left out deliberately to fit into the past political dynamics?

Christians (and those of the J-ewish faith, insofar as the Old Testament is concerned) believe that the Bible is written by God, through the hands of various men of faith throughout history. History actually supports this to a large degree, as we know the lives and timelines of most of these men who wrote the Bible. We can clearly see how God worked in their lives, and how they were inspired to write what they did.

As to why some early writings are not part of the Bible, they were left out by early Christian theologians because they did not fully agree with the core books that have been the basis of Israelite faith and Christianity since the very beginning of both.

The Bible is a book of faith, not a book of political dynamics.

when dinosaurs were created, they likely didn’t have sharp teeth, nor were they the fearsome creatures we know them to be today. Sin – and later permission from God (after the Flood) – are likely what turned the dinosaurs into the meat-eaters we are fascinated with in modern culture.

The flood from Genesis 7:17?

So Noah took every species of dinosaur on the ark? Wouldn’t some of them be too big and wouldn’t there be too many species of everything, to fit on 1 ark? Also surely the dinosaurs existed millions of years before Noah would have existed on Earth.

NOAH forgot to take dinosaurs on board WOAH!

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Do Christians know who wrote the Bible, and who edited it, and the forces behind the editing out of some books that could or maybe should be included in the Bible

I turned Christian after using words in the Bible today to rebuke demons. - Real ones, I never had a problem after I did, aside from the regret that I hadn’t done so sooner.

As I understand it now, there was a concerted effort back in the day, to never have the Bible translated into readable English. As soon as it was, some translators met unfortunate ends.

As it stands now, the Bible is as God wanted it. If you read it, it contains all the information you need to get to heaven. Perhaps some books were lost or corrupted. However, its final print (as I see it) is exactly as it was intended to be.

Archived