How to Promote gig in reddit?

adam_cc

Question

There is a sub-Reddit for gig promotion on there but it doesn’t seem effective as most people would come directly to Fiverr and search for their desired gig directly through the website.

I did try using Reddit but unfortunately didn’t get much from it. Promoting yourself in certain sub-Reddits may be frowned upon too.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for your response, I want to learn how promote my gig in reddit because normally when i put my link in reddit , it will be rejected by moderator.

Then you can choose others platform . There are many platform for sharing gigs .Or you can search on forum by “Gig Promotion” you will get related topics .That will be helpful for you

• Like 6
  • Up 1
  • Thanks 1

I have heard this advice in more than one thread.

Reddit usually hates self-promoters. You’re there to ask questions, answer questions, comment, etc. I suppose you could put your link on your profile page, but commenting with your link is spamming, and you’ll get banned in no time.
  • Like 9
  • Congrats! 1

Fiverr links are banned in a lot of self promotion subreddits. Good luck being able to post your gig anywhere but the fiverr gigs subreddit - where no one will look at it.

Also, most regular subs would delete your posts as a lot are against self promotion.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

I have heard this advice in more than one thread.

Reddit usually hates self-promoters. You’re there to ask questions, answer questions, comment, etc. I suppose you could put your link on your profile page, but commenting with your link is spamming, and you’ll get banned in no time.

Thanks for quoting me. 🙂

Self-promotion is very tricky, for example, bloggers will ban you if your name is a website domain. So it’s better to call yourself Peter Parker than Peter Parker dot com.

• Like 7
  • Congrats! 1
  • Thanks 1

Hello guys, 😍

Do u really believe that , reddit works for fiverr marketing? I always heared about this, but didn’t try yet and I don’t have proper idea for this social media marketing. If u really really know about it, please 🙏 help me to let me know, how can I do it?
Thanks in advance 😍
Hope all are doing good.

wpxpert_sub

• Like 6
  • Sad 2

Hello @wpxpert_sub

In my starting day as newbie i tried to share my gig with different communities but guess what…?

I got blocked from most of them.

So i don’t think it will work…But yeah people also says that Twitter works best for gig marketing.

I Hope this helped you.

@photoshoper98 oh really? that’s really sad then only the way is Twitter. okay, I will do only that even i’m doing already. thanks a lot for info. 🙂

• Like 6
  • Congrats! 1

Hello @wpxpert_sub

In my starting day as newbie i tried to share my gig with different communities but guess what…?

I got blocked from most of them.

So i don’t think it will work…But yeah people also says that Twitter works best for gig marketing.

I Hope this helped you.

YES, it can work, but only if you use it properly.

People don’t use Reddit to see other people’s promotion and spam. They use it to have conversations and exchange insights. If you share powerful insights, people will want to get to know you and look you up. Reddit only helps you generate leads if you use it organically. THAT’S how it works. It doesn’t work by you posting your link there and telling people to buy something. NO ONE WANTS TO SEE THAT.

It is more than disappointing to see how many people assume a platform can’t help them just because spamming there didn’t work for them. If you think spamming is the only way to engage people in what you do and you genuinely don’t understand why you’re banned for behaving like this, you shouldn’t be marketing yourself online.

• Like 11
  • Congrats! 1

I have seen many people on forum suggesting to promote gigs on reddit. I personally never used reddit.

I have seen many people on forum suggesting to promote gigs on reddit. I personally never used reddit.

Have you seen anyone who has actually made any sales (or more than a few) suggest that?

I can see how it can work if you are a super good illustrator, posting some fan art that is relevant to a subreddit, and including a watermark, but otherwise, I do not think that is where you are going to find most of your target customers.

Besides, most Redditors (not all, but many) are very young (teenagers) and have very little money to spend.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1