How I Went From 3 Orders A Month To Dozens Of Orders A Week

harryalston

When I started Fiverr I had no idea how I was going to bring clients to my gig. There were lots of tips and suggestions on the Fiverr forums and across hundreds of blog posts, but everything I did didn’t seem to be making a difference to my impressions or conversion rate.

The truth is, your first few weeks are going to be slow. Don’t give up.

If you persist and continue to deliver high-quality content (or services for your niche) you’ll start to see a return on the time you’ve invested in Fiverr.

Here are a few tips I’ve picked up along my four-month journey on Fiverr. Hopefully, they’ll help you to pick up more orders in the future.

1. Price Your Gig Right

There is nothing more important than first impressions. When a client is browsing Fiverr they are drawn to two things: the price of your gig and the number of positive reviews you have.

When you just start, you won’t have any reviews. That means you need to focus on your price. I don’t want you to cheapen your services so the best thing to do is to compare your services to other popular gigs on the market.

I’ve steadily been increasing my prices as I earn more positive reviews - start low and build slowly.

2. Write The Best Gig Description You Can

Once you draw a client to your gig you need to close the sale. Your gig description needs to be well optimized with SEO keywords and structured in a way that is easy to read and easy to understand. Choose the right category and use the right tags. Short, sharp, simple.

To find crucial terms associated with your services, check other popular gigs on Fiverr. Don’t copy other people’s gig descriptions, but use them to get inspiration and write unique content for your services.

I have seen huge improvements in my impressions and conversions if I regularly keep my content updated. Make small changes here and there every few days. Tweak and optimize. Find out what works best for your gig.

3. Communicate With Your Clients

When you receive an order, make sure to talk your clients through every step of the process. It reassures them that their product is being worked on and it means they can ask questions about the order regularly.

You should also make use of your gig’s FAQ section. This is a great way to answer client questions before they’ve even asked them. Again, look at other popular gigs and then create your FAQ’s based on your individual circumstances.

Communication doesn’t stop when the order is finished. That brings me on to my next point.

4. Politely Press Your Clients For Extra Work

Most of my current clients are return buyers. This is the best way to build a consistent income on Fiverr. Once you’ve completed an order ask if the client needs any other work they need doing - just politely ask, you’ll be surprised at how many will have something else for you to do.

5. Utilize Every Part Of Fiverr’s Toolkit

Fiverr is designed to help you make sales. The gig packages are super customizable and you should always take advantage of this. Add extras for a reasonable price and you can turn a simple order into a perfect package for your client.

They’re just a few of the tips I’ve picked up along the way. I’m still working hard on Fiverr and there is a lot left to learn! I hope these ideas give you a good head start on getting your first orders on Fiverr.

Hi Harry,
I just created my Fiverr profile and posted my first gig. Was entirely uncertain about the way it will be, so I came to the forum to see what other peoples’ experiences have been like. Yours was the first post I read. Thanks for the honest advice, I’m already feeling better knowing what to expect.

Hi Harry, after enjoying your post, I had a look at your profile and I think your positive attitude and confidence shine out of all your gigs and seller page. So I think this is another great thing to be inspired by, thanks for writing this.

I also want to support the first thing you wrote regarding the importance of price and positive reviews. After agreeing to do subtitling for not that much money, for a client who said she wanted a long term recurrent service, she was so happy with the result that she kept giving me great reviews on every project. This in turn made my profile stand out, I guess, which in turn brought me more clients. Another client was also very happy because I really took the time to solve translation problems for an old worn-out letter from the war time he sent me, going out of my way to procure help from someone who could read a handwritten sentence I couldn’t decypher.
This again brought me a great review from him.

So now I really like your advice of slowly and carefully raising rates.
I’d like to add to this, that I think returning clients may enjoy previous rates for a while, whilst new ones will get the slightly raised rates.

Thanks for sharing. I also agree that your great attitude is showcased by your gig presentation. I always strive to be the friendliest person someone will work with on Fiverr. I think that helps.

I think that early on, fast delivery time will also help along with price to compensate for less reviews.

• 2 weeks later...

When I started Fiverr I had no idea how I was going to bring clients to my gig. There were lots of tips and suggestions on the Fiverr forums and across hundreds of blog posts, but everything I did didn’t seem to be making a difference to my impressions or conversion rate.

The truth is, your first few weeks are going to be slow. Don’t give up.

If you persist and continue to deliver high-quality content (or services for your niche) you’ll start to see a return on the time you’ve invested in Fiverr.

Here are a few tips I’ve picked up along my four-month journey on Fiverr. Hopefully, they’ll help you to pick up more orders in the future.

1. Price Your Gig Right

There is nothing more important than first impressions. When a client is browsing Fiverr they are drawn to two things: the price of your gig and the number of positive reviews you have.

When you just start, you won’t have any reviews. That means you need to focus on your price. I don’t want you to cheapen your services so the best thing to do is to compare your services to other popular gigs on the market.

I’ve steadily been increasing my prices as I earn more positive reviews - start low and build slowly.

2. Write The Best Gig Description You Can

Once you draw a client to your gig you need to close the sale. Your gig description needs to be well optimized with SEO keywords and structured in a way that is easy to read and easy to understand. Choose the right category and use the right tags. Short, sharp, simple.

To find crucial terms associated with your services, check other popular gigs on Fiverr. Don’t copy other people’s gig descriptions, but use them to get inspiration and write unique content for your services.

I have seen huge improvements in my impressions and conversions if I regularly keep my content updated. Make small changes here and there every few days. Tweak and optimize. Find out what works best for your gig.

3. Communicate With Your Clients

When you receive an order, make sure to talk your clients through every step of the process. It reassures them that their product is being worked on and it means they can ask questions about the order regularly.

You should also make use of your gig’s FAQ section. This is a great way to answer client questions before they’ve even asked them. Again, look at other popular gigs and then create your FAQ’s based on your individual circumstances.

Communication doesn’t stop when the order is finished. That brings me on to my next point.

4. Politely Press Your Clients For Extra Work

Most of my current clients are return buyers. This is the best way to build a consistent income on Fiverr. Once you’ve completed an order ask if the client needs any other work they need doing - just politely ask, you’ll be surprised at how many will have something else for you to do.

5. Utilize Every Part Of Fiverr’s Toolkit

Fiverr is designed to help you make sales. The gig packages are super customizable and you should always take advantage of this. Add extras for a reasonable price and you can turn a simple order into a perfect package for your client.

They’re just a few of the tips I’ve picked up along the way. I’m still working hard on Fiverr and there is a lot left to learn! I hope these ideas give you a good head start on getting your first orders on Fiverr.

First of all, thanks for this accurate, clear, and helpful post! I feel exactly the same as you!

Today I came on the forum looking specifically for tips on raising rates. I am getting a lot of work, and I would like to find the right balance between amount of gigs and pay rate. It is a challenge because like you said in your post, buyers look at price first, so raising your rates too much is not a good idea.

Could you tell us more about how you raised your rates, and if you noticed changes in clientele, income, or amount of work? Did you have any repeat customers and if so, did you notify them about the change. Finally, how long have you been on Fiverr and what is your gig(s).

Thanks so much! Hope to hear from you when you have a minute!

Elise

Hi Harry,

I just created my Fiverr profile and posted my first gig. Was entirely uncertain about the way it will be, so I came to the forum to see what other peoples’ experiences have been like. Yours was the first post I read. Thanks for the honest advice, I’m already feeling better knowing what to expect.

same to me. i am also new in fiverr and making few gigs and come to the forum so i can learn from others.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived