Something Weird Is Happening

ssj1236

I can see your gig in the 3rd row for product descriptions, logged in.

That’s the weird part! I can’t and I’ve had a few other people look into this and their response was divided as well. Some can see it and some can’t.

Anyone have any idea what’s going on? Should I try my luck with support or just wait it out and see how it goes? I’m just really confused right now.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One thing is that many people are sure that not everyone gets shown the same, based on their IP, maybe on their buying history, whatever else.

Then perhaps, as you say you had a cancellation, maybe your gig took an initial plunge to then rise again but not everyone’s computer keeps up with that, i.e., your/their cookies/cache interfere?

No idea of any of that really could or does apply, but it’s my only ideas, I fear.

Trying your luck with support might be a waste of time if they see your gig in row 3 like I do, or if they can see it at all, probably they’ll just tell you the usual “we don’t guarantee positions”, etc. Personally, if you don’t see an effect on your sales, I’d wait a while and see what happens, as long as people who might actually and do buy your gig see it, that’s good enough.

Wasn’t there some link on the ticket page where you can “test” if your gigs show in search? Maybe check that too, and in case you’ll message them add the result of that, so they can see that you checked that already?

Let me see … this here:
https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new/gig

One thing is that many people are sure that not everyone gets shown the same, based on their IP, maybe on their buying history, whatever else.

Then perhaps, as you say you had a cancellation, maybe your gig took an initial plunge to then rise again but not everyone’s computer keeps up with that, i.e., your/their cookies/cache interfere?

No idea of any of that really could or does apply, but it’s my only ideas, I fear.

Trying your luck with support might be a waste of time if they see your gig in row 3 like I do, or if they can see it at all, probably they’ll just tell you the usual “we don’t guarantee positions”, etc. Personally, if you don’t see an effect on your sales, I’d wait a while and see what happens, as long as people who might actually and do buy your gig see it, that’s good enough.

Wasn’t there some link on the ticket page where you can “test” if your gigs show in search? Maybe check that too, and in case you’ll message them add the result of that, so they can see that you checked that already?

Let me see … this here:

https://www.fiverr.com/support_tickets/new/gig

Thanks @miiila I’ll wait it out and see how it goes. It’s been a real weird few weeks recently.

Everyone sees something different. There is no way to see what everyone sees as far as your gig placement.

Your Gig is displayed in the search results pages in the marketplace. Please note that these pages are sorted by different algorithms in order to optimize and personalize the results for the users. For doing that we take into account both quality and business measurements.

Everyone sees something different. There is no way to see what everyone sees as far as your gig placement.

Your Gig is displayed in the search results pages in the marketplace. Please note that these pages are sorted by different algorithms in order to optimize and personalize the results for the users. For doing that we take into account both quality and business measurements.

I’m just waiting on the analytics for my gig to change which will probably be tomorrow. Let’s hope all is well.

Hi

I just checked in “buyer” mode and I can see your “product description” gig on the first page, if that can help 🙂

It’s still not showing up on my end. Most pages are filled with relatively new gigs so I’m hoping it’ll fix itself in a day or two.

I’ve got the same issue happening… been since late June or so. And, barely any new buyers are coming to my gig. Most of my business is from repeat clients. I haven’t been able to find my gig anywhere…

Well this just does not sound good at all. Have you tried contacting support?

Well this just does not sound good at all. Have you tried contacting support?

Yep…everything is fine on their end… my gigs are active, but not just seen within the first 15 to 20 pages. When I search for them, they’re usually on the very last page - whether I’m logged in or not.

Yep…everything is fine on their end… my gigs are active, but not just seen within the first 15 to 20 pages. When I search for them, they’re usually on the very last page - whether I’m logged in or not.

Same thing’s happening on my end but when I log out and check it’s usually where it is and appears properly on the mobile app.

On that note, could you have a look at my gig on the mobile?

Same thing’s happening on my end but when I log out and check it’s usually where it is and appears properly on the mobile app.

On that note, could you have a look at my gig on the mobile?

I’m actually in the middle of projects, but I can later. I’m struggling to stay awake… dang rain!

I’m actually in the middle of projects, but I can later. I’m struggling to stay awake… dang rain!

I do have 6 orders that I’m waiting to close or get feedback on but I don’t think that could have caused it.

Yeah, no problem. It’s raining on my end as well making me sleepy.

I do have 6 orders that I’m waiting to close or get feedback on but I don’t think that could have caused it.

Yeah, no problem. It’s raining on my end as well making me sleepy.

I think that has an effect.

I think that has an effect.

It might we will find out soon hopefully. I’m hoping that someone can check it on the mobile app cause it’s appearing as it should there.

It might we will find out soon hopefully. I’m hoping that someone can check it on the mobile app cause it’s appearing as it should there.

To be honest, this is getting quite ridiculous now. What exactly are you going to accomplish by knowing where your gig is on the app, in different browsers today, when it could very well have a different position tomorrow?

If you intend on asking the same question everyday, you should really consider hiring a virtual assistant. I’m also at a loss for why you can’t just check all this for yourself using TOR?

To be honest, this is getting quite ridiculous now. What exactly are you going to accomplish by knowing where your gig is on the app, in different browsers today, when it could very well have a different position tomorrow?

If you intend on asking the same question everyday, you should really consider hiring a virtual assistant. I’m also at a loss for why you can’t just check all this for yourself using TOR?

Yeah, fair enough. This whole thing just has me stressed out.

Yeah, fair enough. This whole thing just has me stressed out.

In this case, get a stress ball, comfort eat, or play a first person shooter like normal people. 😉

play a first person shooter like normal people

I’m more of a turn-based RPG kinda guy

I’m more of a turn-based RPG kinda guy

In that case, I’m afraid that you are destined to live with your parents until you are 40. 😦

At some point, you will also start living solely off Domino’s Pizza and decide it is a good idea to grow a neck beard. RPGs are fine. It’s the turn based RPG’s which are the worry.

Archived