Someone has placed an order for something I don't offer, what now?

callyofficial

Someone has placed an order for something I don’t offer. They misunderstood my gig, despite it being very clear what it was for. On speaking to them I could tell their English is very poor. I’m not sure what to do now. The countdown hasn’t started as they haven’t submitted requirements, so I’m wondering what should happen here? I don’t want to have a cancellation marked on my stats as this person shouldn’t have placed the order. Is there a way to stop this and ensure they get their money back without it negatively affecting my stats?

I fear there is no sure way. You can ask support to cancel for you, politely mentioning that it should not affect your stats, as obviously, it’s a buyer error, but sellers seem to have mixed results with this. Worth a try, though, instead of canceling yourself, which surely will have an effect on your stats.

In theory, there is one way as the Seller Help Center since a while states that we can cancel orders for which the requirements have not been submitted after 7 days without effect on our stats… but they might submit requirements (even though they misunderstood your gig), or not want to wait so long and ask you or support to cancel on their part, and then the only way to potentially not having your stats affected, again, is support.

Support would be my favoured way, outsourcing something when you maybe don’t even exactly know what they want, or/and they even might not know themselves, and you don’t know someone trustable to outsource to, plus very poor English … sounds like opening Pandora’s box to me.

Someone has placed an order for something I don’t offer. They misunderstood my gig, despite it being very clear what it was for. On speaking to them I could tell their English is very poor. I’m not sure what to do now. The countdown hasn’t started as they haven’t submitted requirements, so I’m wondering what should happen here? I don’t want to have a cancellation marked on my stats as this person shouldn’t have placed the order. Is there a way to stop this and ensure they get their money back without it negatively affecting my stats?

The countdown hasn’t started as they haven’t submitted requirements

than i think cancellation wouldn’t effect your profile states…

I fear there is no sure way. You can ask support to cancel for you, politely mentioning that it should not affect your stats, as obviously, it’s a buyer error, but sellers seem to have mixed results with this. Worth a try, though, instead of canceling yourself, which surely will have an effect on your stats.

In theory, there is one way as the Seller Help Center since a while states that we can cancel orders for which the requirements have not been submitted after 7 days without effect on our stats… but they might submit requirements (even though they misunderstood your gig), or not want to wait so long and ask you or support to cancel on their part, and then the only way to potentially not having your stats affected, again, is support.

Support would be my favoured way, outsourcing something when you maybe don’t even exactly know what they want, or/and they even might not know themselves, and you don’t know someone trustable to outsource to, plus very poor English … sounds like opening Pandora’s box to me.

Thanks, I have just messaged customer support. I’ve only used them once so far and they were very quick to respond and solved my problem for me, so hoping they come through for me again!

Thanks, I have just messaged customer support. I’ve only used them once so far and they were very quick to respond and solved my problem for me, so hoping they come through for me again!

My personal experiences with customer support are pretty good too, and I’ve needed them quite a bit more often than one time 🙂 Fingers crossed you’ll get out of this with your stats unharmed.

Write to CS and explain your case, it happened to me once.

After I wrote them I canceled the order (I think it is important that you cancel it).

It will look reflated that you canceled, but it will not affect your stats. It has to be very obvious that the customer was wrong

Since the timer hasn’t started it’s possible it won’t hurt your stats. I could of sworn I read about a similar situation a couple months ago but i’m not 100% sure. Ask CS just to be sure but either way you are gonna have to either cancel or outsource (which can be a headache).

Archived