EVERYONE ! dont give up

work hard fellas.

If you do desire to work hard, Google “Guide to punctuation by Sussex University”. You’ll find a free punctuation guide, written by an expert in linguistics, which will teach you about everything from periods to dashes. It’ll also teach you the basics of spacing.

I feel this guide could be a real game changer for you. If you can master punctuation rules, such as the rules for using commas, I think you’ll get orders.

One particular comma rule seems to trip you up a lot. In English, there’s a rule that states never leave spaces before commas. An example:

“The cat was asleep in its basket, and the dog played outside.”

Your prose will look so much more professional if you grok this rule.

P.s. Apologies in advance to any cats who might mistakenly believe I’m calling them less hard-working than dogs. 😉

Thank you for the advice, I will definitely work on that.

The last sentence 😄

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took me 5 months to receive my first order, and I would say it was mostly because my gig wasn’t set up right. What I mean by that is everything from my photo, missing video, and description were all issues. It was only when I made some major revisions and minor tweaks that I received my very first order. Think of it like planting a seed and expecting a tree to grow from it and produce fruit. You need to make sure it has adequate nutrients in the soil, along with the right amount of sun and water. You will also need to prune it from time to time. The same holds true with your own business here on Fiverr or elsewhere. That said, I absolutely do appreciate someone having the resolve to stick with something and not give up- even after 5 or 6 months, but along with being patient, one needs to seek solutions and be willing to do the things to help bring about success.

Everything happens at a suitable time. No rush, no drama. Just sit back, relax, breathe and work hard. Sooner or later, you’ll surely be succeeded in life.

Sorry, but this is terrible advice and you’re perpetuating myths. Why would you say such a thing when all the evidence points to the contrary? You’re misleading people.

No one succeeds in any kind of business by sitting back and waiting for things to happen. It certainly doesn’t work on Fiverr.

Sellers need to take initiative and diagnose issues and get to know their business.

And the word you are looking for is breathe, not “breath.” Breath is pronounced “breth” and it’s the noun form. Breathe is the verb form.

It took me 5 months to receive my first order, and I would say it was mostly because my gig wasn’t set up right. What I mean by that is everything from my photo, missing video, and description were all issues. It was only when I made some major revisions and minor tweaks that I received my very first order. Think of it like planting a seed and expecting a tree to grow from it and produce fruit. You need to make sure it has adequate nutrients in the soil, along with the right amount of sun and water. You will also need to prune it from time to time. The same holds true with your own business here on Fiverr or elsewhere. That said, I absolutely do appreciate someone having the resolve to stick with something and not give up- even after 5 or 6 months, but along with being patient, one needs to seek solutions and be willing to do the things to help bring about success.

“Minor tweaks”, I am online almost everyday but yet to no avail, I am encouraged to see your testimony but then I don’t know what to tweak

Sorry, but this is terrible advice and you’re perpetuating myths. Why would you say such a thing when all the evidence points to the contrary? You’re misleading people.

No one succeeds in any kind of business by sitting back and waiting for things to happen. It certainly doesn’t work on Fiverr.

Sellers need to take initiative and diagnose issues and get to know their business.

And the word you are looking for is breathe, not “breath.” Breath is pronounced “breth” and it’s the noun form. Breathe is the verb form.

Yes Ma’am, that is exactly true and that is why, I am taking my time like you have suggested that patience is the key

“Minor tweaks”, I am online almost everyday but yet to no avail, I am encouraged to see your testimony but then I don’t know what to tweak

Welcome to the forum, fastgeek222!

If you want, you can create a thread in the Improve My Gig section to ask for advice. Sometimes it’s good to have a fresh pair of eyes look at something.

Why would you say such a thing when all the evidence points to the contrary? You’re misleading people.

Actually you misquoted my words, I didn’t mean what you painted my stance. I was trying to say that most of the people get frustrated when they join fiverr and complain about not getting regular orders. I said just keep consistent and keep on making useful efforts. There is no need to make any drama or adopting any shortcut. This is acually I wanted to say. Never mind 🙂

Everything happens at a suitable time. No rush, no drama. Just sit back, relax, breathe and work hard. Sooner or later, you’ll surely be succeeded in life.

I didn’t misquote you because I didn’t quote you. Don’t make things up.

This below is a quote:

You literally said this. What this means is that waiting and working will get you orders, but that’s not how it works. If that isn’t what you meant then you shouldn’t have said it. I didn’t misquote or misrepresent you. I’m referring to what you actually wrote.

Archived