EVERYONE ! dont give up

work hard fellas

So that’s why so many on here pretend to be women – to get out of hard work.

Seriously, though, have you yourself been working hard? You don’t have to answer. It’s a question for you to meditate on.

The reason I ask is that you incorrectly use written conventions – like punctuation. Knowledge of spacing, punctuation and capitalisation is essential if you want to write for a living.

You can probably master these conventions in a few weeks.

I don’t know if this is a joke but if it is it’s not appropriate.

Imagine if you said that (insert a nationality here) get out of hard work. Or (insert a religion) get out of hard work. Or any group of people. It wouldn’t be ok. Nor is it ok to pick a gender and joke about them getting out of hard work. Just be aware, this is no longer ok. It’s extremely sexist.

@ahmwritingco do you think women are able to get out of hard work due to being women? What about certain other types of people?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Imagine if you said that (insert a nationality here) get out of hard work. Or (insert a religion) get out of hard work. Or any group of people. It wouldn’t be ok. Nor is it ok to pick a gender and joke about them getting out of hard work. Just be aware, this is no longer ok. It’s extremely sexist.

@ahmwritingco do you think women are able to get out of hard work due to being women? What about certain other types of people?

Didn’t deserve a reply !!

“CREATURE” 😅

I think it was a joke.

work hard fellas

Seriously, though, have you yourself been working hard? You don’t have to answer. It’s a question for you to meditate on.

The reason I ask is that you incorrectly use written conventions – like punctuation. Knowledge of spacing, punctuation and capitalisation is essential if you want to write for a living.

You can probably master these conventions in a few weeks.

work hard fellas

It was in the context of the OP saying “work hard fellas” implying that he was only telling the fellas to work hard. The OP didn’t mean that obviously and the joke didn’t mean anything beyond a joke on the use of the word fellas. It wasn’t about men working harder in general or women working less.

That’s my reading of it.

Totally agree that if the joke was meant how you read it that it would be inappropriate but I just don’t believe it was.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

If the OP had said “Work hard Canadians” then yes but it wouldn’t really make any sense.

The reply would then be “So that’s why so many sellers pretend to be Americans”.

Again, this wouldn’t be implying anyone works harder than the other, just that the OP would be addressing Canadians only with his instructions.

Sorry but you are defending the indefensible.

I really am not and wouldn’t. You are misreading the misreadable.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Because we all know they don’t work that hard but it’s ok?

Isn’t there a kettle boiling over somewhere you should be attending to?

I’m just going to say it. You seem to be wanting to create drama here when as @eoinfinnegan and myself attempted to suggest, no drama is necessary.

Do that if you like. As it is though, you are now the one attempting race-baiting and it’s just unnecessarily ugly on a forum where I think we all know, we have several valued South American and African, and global members.

It doesn’t, we all know it doesn’t.

The OP used the term “Fellas” to address everyone but the replier joked about it being to mean the men. This suggested that the OP was telling the men to work hard and not women. Therefore some of the men would pretend to be women to avoid working.

If anything, I should be offended that it is being unfairly suggested that men try to get out of working but there is nothing anti-women here.

I imagine that given the topic, if I were a woman you may take my points more easily so perhaps someone else could weigh in and back me up or tell me I am wrong.

The OP told “fellas” (which usually means men) to work hard. I tried to highlight how inappropriate this gendered language is by joking that any man could get out of working hard by pretending to be a woman. This is because the directive appeared to be addressed solely to men.

No offence to women was intended. I’m not even sure how my post could be construed as sexist – at least when read in its proper context.

I would never insult women. The reason I get to do what I do for a living is because my hard-working mother spent hours with me, teaching me to read and write.

I guess that’s the modern world. You try to stand up for people but get labelled a b*stard anyway. I’d have expected people to be more enlightened in 2019.

The OP told “fellas” (which usually means men) to work hard. I tried to highlight how inappropriate this gendered language is by joking that any man could get out of working hard by pretending to be a woman. This is because the directive appeared to be addressed solely to men.

No offence to women was intended. I’m not even sure how my post could be construed as sexist – at least when read in its proper context.

I would never insult women. The reason I get to do what I do for a living is because my hard-working mother spent hours with me, teaching me to read and write.

I guess that’s the modern world. You try to stand up for people but get labelled a b*stard anyway. I’d have expected people to be more enlightened in 2019.

I’d have expected people to be more enlightened in 2019.

And allow me to add, people to have better reading comprehension too.

I’m not a native English speaker, and I perfectly understood the meaning of your comment and in no way felt insulted.

But by waiting i didn’t mean to just publish your gig and sit on your chair. I meant that one should not lose hope if he isn’t achieving anything KEEP WAITING FOR THE CHANCE. Some get the chance just sitting on their chair, some might not get it even by being proactive and doing all the stuff you did.

Even if he hadn’t received his first orders without trying, what would the purpose be in you knowing that? What would it achieve?

Unfortunately if anyone were to say they got orders without trying, a lot of people visiting the forum would use that information to justify not being proactive and then make threads expressing frustration at not getting orders. People post this every single day in a new thread in the forum and if you look at their gigs it’s clear they aren’t putting the work in. People come here all of the time looking for an easy way to get out of working to grow their business and we have to be careful to not enable that.

Thank you brother, guidance is a very critical factor in everyone’s life. I am from Pakistan i don’t get a lot of advice every day. Freelancing is not very common here, that is why i joined this forum today. I am glad i did.

I am from Pakistan i don’t get a lot of advice every day. Freelancing is not very common here, that is why i joined this forum today. I am glad i did.

“I” should always be capitalized, not just at the beginning of the sentence. You have that mistake in your writing gig, too (I didn’t check the other one).

I am from Pakistan i don’t get a lot of advice every day. Freelancing is not very common here, that is why i joined this forum today. I am glad i did.

“I” should always be capitalized, not just at the beginning of the sentence. You have that mistake in your writing gig, too (I didn’t check the other one).

A freelancer with a writing gig who doesn’t know correct punctuation… Why are there so many of these on Fiverr?

A freelancer with a writing gig who doesn’t know correct punctuation… Why are there so many of these on Fiverr?

Why are there so many of these on Fiverr?

The same reason there are ‘Voice Over artists’ who are using their iPhones to record, ‘Logo Designers’ who are reselling stuff they made on free cloud-based services and ‘Wordpress technicians’ who are using cracked plugins… Somehow, Fiverr has gained a reputation for being a place to make easy money, with little or no skills.

I’m hoping that part of their post-IPO plan is to try and distance themselves from that reputation.

The same reason there are ‘Voice Over artists’ who are using their iPhones to record, ‘Logo Designers’ who are reselling stuff they made on free cloud-based services and ‘Wordpress technicians’ who are using cracked plugins… Somehow, Fiverr has gained a reputation for being a place to make easy money, with little or no skills.

I’m hoping that part of their post-IPO plan is to try and distance themselves from that reputation.

Somehow, Fiverr has gained a reputation for being a place to make easy money, with little or no skills.

Bingo. You nailed this.

It’s the same reason this forum is inundated with posts from sellers who don’t even want to look up how Levels work or look up their question before asking it here.

This is Fiverr achievement, you can see how far Fiverr has reached. 🤭

Maybe, but Fiverr has a high supply of the wrong things and they are not meeting the demand in the market for the right things. It is a missed opportunity, on top of the business they lose because of their reputation and the practices that drive true professionals away.

They have a lot of sellers who aren’t bringing in money at all because there is no demand for what they are offering. Sellers here complain that this is the algorithm’s fault, but it is more an issue of supply and demand.

Maybe, but Fiverr has a high supply of the wrong things and they are not meeting the demand in the market for the right things. It is a missed opportunity, on top of the business they lose because of their reputation and the practices that drive true professionals away.

They have a lot of sellers who aren’t bringing in money at all because there is no demand for what they are offering. Sellers here complain that this is the algorithm’s fault, but it is more an issue of supply and demand.

They have a lot of sellers who aren’t bringing in money at all because there is no demand for what they are offering.

It can be seen as an experiment too by Fiverr. : I don’t know if Fiverr is shooting in the wrong direction.

Fiverr has a high supply of the wrong things and they are not meeting the demand in the market for the right things.

Yes, its quite true.

They have a lot of sellers who aren’t bringing in money at all because there is no demand for what they are offering.

It can be seen as an experiment too by Fiverr. : I don’t know if Fiverr is shooting in the wrong direction.

Fiverr has a high supply of the wrong things and they are not meeting the demand in the market for the right things.

Yes, its quite true.

If fiverr wasn’t meeting a demand for the right things it wouldn’t be so successful that it is a publicly traded company. They have to pass rigorous tests to be allowed to be a public company. It’s hardly a failing company.

They could have more good programmers with gigs but then any company could use more of those. That’s not going to happen on fiverr.

It’s just the way it works unfortunately that people who can’t write well in English think they can be professional writers. The marketplace does a decent job of sifting these bad sellers out in time.

If fiverr wasn’t meeting a demand for the right things it wouldn’t be so successful that it is a publicly traded company. They have to pass rigorous tests to be allowed to be a public company. It’s hardly a failing company.

They could have more good programmers with gigs but then any company could use more of those. That’s not going to happen on fiverr.

It’s just the way it works unfortunately that people who can’t write well in English think they can be professional writers. The marketplace does a decent job of sifting these bad sellers out in time.

Of course. My point is that they could be even more successful. A surplus of gigs no one orders means a lost profit opportunity. A perception of low quality in the west means fewer high-paying orders.

By saying they aren’t meeting demand, I mean they are not serving a huge market of people looking for higher quality and looking for work people don’t even offer here. For example, I see interest in the B2B world for better lead generation, but all you see on Fiverr for lead generation are gigs saying they will share your site on social media, buy followers and email lists. No true lead generation support. The people who do that kind of work aren’t attracted to Fiverr and I don’t blame them.

Fiverr is certainly earning a lot of money and I am not disputing that. But maybe they could be earning a lot more.

Fiverr may sift out the bad writers, but they don’t sift out the reputation the marketplace has for

poor quality. And they don’t attract enough quality sellers either.

Honestly, I’m hoping they don’t. If you pay for a $5 voice over, you should probably expect it to be recorded on an iPhone. The same is true for the likes of written articles. If your budget is $5, you should not expect an expertly curated piece of content.

Basically, it comes down to commonsense.

$5 gigs aren’t worthless. A VO recorded on a phone might be perfect for things like a mockup/concept explainer video. $5 web content with a few spelling errors may also be fine for things like demo content on a website being sold on Flippa, etc.

In the real world, people expect low prices to reflect lower quality. If I buy a phone charger from a $1 store, it likely will work. It just won’t charge my phone as fast or last for as long as a branded cable.

Sadly, Fiverr seems to think that it needs to vet sellers because some buyers are incapable of using common sense when placing orders. So far, this has (arguably) been a waste of time and somewhat counterproductive.

Tests Fiverr have rolled out aren’t fit for purpose. The current level system makes it easier for some scammers to rise quickly through the ranks. (While keeping other sellers down.) Then there are things like automated warnings and bugs which by and large, only legitimate sellers fear.

At the end of the day, Fiverr could hire people to vet every gig and every delivery. The problem is, this still won’t stop a few buyers from not using their own commonsense when placing orders. This would also increase costs and possibly put an end to budget gigs, even though there is still a real market for these.

In short, Fiverr should take a step back in anything. This is especially true given the fact that the vast majority of poor buying experiences can already be remedied by contacting CS, or by using the resolution center.

Where else can someone make a voiceover on their phone and sell it for $5? I see the value of this for both the buyer and seller. There are extremely talented people on fiverr who wouldn’t be able to find a job any place else for various reasons. I think this company serves a purpose beyond just offering highly skilled workers. The good this company does in the world can’t be over estimated.
People can meet others on the other side of the world and hire them for small jobs. It’s a force for good in the world that is needed.

@muhammad_ali_22
you’re post is less inspiring, more frustrating to me…

By your post, you just visited and waited for 6 months to get order… Still didn’t get one… That’s frustrating… There must be something wrong…

What’s inspiring to me is your patience… Nothing else…

I’m not a pro level… But still, I’d like to suggest you something…

Create good gig, promote them in several social sites respectively, not spammy. Send buyer request according to your skill set…
Meanwhile expertise yourself in your skill…

Honestly, I’m hoping they don’t. If you pay for a $5 voice over, you should probably expect it to be recorded on an iPhone. The same is true for the likes of written articles. If your budget is $5, you should not expect an expertly curated piece of content.

Basically, it comes down to commonsense.

$5 gigs aren’t worthless. A VO recorded on a phone might be perfect for things like a mockup/concept explainer video. $5 web content with a few spelling errors may also be fine for things like demo content on a website being sold on Flippa, etc.

In the real world, people expect low prices to reflect lower quality. If I buy a phone charger from a $1 store, it likely will work. It just won’t charge my phone as fast or last for as long as a branded cable.

Sadly, Fiverr seems to think that it needs to vet sellers because some buyers are incapable of using common sense when placing orders. So far, this has (arguably) been a waste of time and somewhat counterproductive.

Tests Fiverr have rolled out aren’t fit for purpose. The current level system makes it easier for some scammers to rise quickly through the ranks. (While keeping other sellers down.) Then there are things like automated warnings and bugs which by and large, only legitimate sellers fear.

At the end of the day, Fiverr could hire people to vet every gig and every delivery. The problem is, this still won’t stop a few buyers from not using their own commonsense when placing orders. This would also increase costs and possibly put an end to budget gigs, even though there is still a real market for these.

In short, Fiverr should take a step back in anything. This is especially true given the fact that the vast majority of poor buying experiences can already be remedied by contacting CS, or by using the resolution center.

A VO recorded on a phone might be perfect for things like a mockup/concept explainer video.

Where else can someone make a voiceover on their phone and sell it for $5?

My iPhone analogy was, in hindsight, a poor one. I have no issue with the software or hardware that people use to do their work, and commend anyone who can overcome a lack of quality equipment and still be successful. I’d hate for a talented graphic designer to think that they couldn’t compete because they don’t have an iPad Pro or the latest Wacom, and if Fiverr helps people to grow and improve then that’s a good thing.

My issue was more with the sellers who aren’t here because they have a talent or skill, but are here because they’ve been lead to believe that you can create 7 gigs, put zero effort into your product offering, and expect buyers to be falling over themselves to buy from you. In truth, it’s the people who are peddling that nonsense who are really at fault.

I just wanted to tell all of you , YOU are not a failure if you haven’t got an order yet, I didn’t get a single order in 6 months.I still come online every 3 hours waiting for that one chance to prove myself. Just wait ,be patient and work hard fellas.

Each and everyone of you is awesome .You will be great in other people’s perspectives only if you are the greatest in your own.

“If you have nothing ,only then can you have everything” 😉

work hard fellas.

If you do desire to work hard, Google “Guide to punctuation by Sussex University”. You’ll find a free punctuation guide, written by an expert in linguistics, which will teach you about everything from periods to dashes. It’ll also teach you the basics of spacing.

I feel this guide could be a real game changer for you. If you can master punctuation rules, such as the rules for using commas, I think you’ll get orders.

One particular comma rule seems to trip you up a lot. In English, there’s a rule that states never leave spaces before commas. An example:

“The cat was asleep in its basket, and the dog played outside.”

Your prose will look so much more professional if you grok this rule.

P.s. Apologies in advance to any cats who might mistakenly believe I’m calling them less hard-working than dogs. 😉

Archived