What if User Behavior is part of the Algorithm Calculations?

eoinfinnegan

no ones knows the answer of their algorithms so this topic should be closed.

Personally, I prefer the threads for which there is no answer, typically, they are the only ones worth reading for anyone who read the ToS and Seller Help Center articles, because usually, the threads with an answer consist of a question and the answer, in form of one or more people telling OP what they’d already know if they’d read ToS or Help Center info, not really as exciting nor fun as threads without answers like the traditional algorithm discussion happenings. 😉

These threads close themselves anyway and die a natural death, to be accidentally revived 5 years later by someone who didn’t notice the date of the last post, to then get mercifully locked forevermore by some unicorn called Mod.

No need to close them, really, just because they don’t have an answer. Answers are overrated. Some also have a short half life. 🙃

I prefer the threads for which there is no answer

It’s interesting to ponder things we will never get an answer to

This topic was written because I was going through the Latest Posts list and couldn’t find anything that interested me. It’s been happening a lot lately - out of boredom I even did a full critique of someone’s gig recently in a response to their forum topic…

I then realized that I hadn’t contributed anything in a good while so probably shouldn’t complain. After thinking about things I had been thinking about which others may find interesting I figured this was a discussion that MIGHT have some interest for some people.

Topics not having a definitive answer are definitely the best ones.

Unfortunately, you’re wrong. I have seen lots of level 2 with more than 2k orders and good reviews + pretty high prices - page 3-6.

I’m not wrong. Those sellers that you mentioned adjusted their prices (increased) before they were all 5 dollars, so the average selling price is lower than new gigs that already start with higher prices.

That would be a huge negative. - And a negative for standard search engines when ranking gig pages and Fiverr.

Then maybe Fiverr should automatically stop people from creating gigs with the same title as someone else’s gig. Maybe if they already have they could be asked to change it. They could also show the date the gig was created with a particular gig title.

Is there a specific butterfly?

It can be any butterfly.

What if more than one does?

I get more orders. - Duh!

Do they need to be facing a certain direction?

No, but they must pass wind discretely. Butterflies are a very proud species.

Do you received orders from certain locations based on the direction?

Butterfly farts in Bermuda typically result in orders from New Zealand and Australia. UK and European butterfly methane releases typically result in orders from the U.S. and Canada.

What were you doing when you discovered this?

Naturally, I was quite drunk. However, within a short amount of time, I was able to scaremonger much of the EU butterfly population into leaving the EU because of Brexit. Now that they have arrived in the UK, I should start seeing an influx of new orders.

favicon.icoITV News

Thousands of painted lady butterflies spotted in July as UK experiences ‘influx’

Tens of thousands of painted lady butterflies were spotted over two days in July thanks to a migration “influx” in the UK, according to environmental charity Butterfly Conservation.The butterfly is a common immigrant to the UK from the continent each...

The only thing this thread is missing is a conspiracy theory 🙈

Then maybe Fiverr should automatically stop people from creating gigs with the same title as someone else’s gig. Maybe if they already have they could be asked to change it. They could also show the date the gig was created with a particular gig title.

The title won’t work. There are only so many relevant titles you can create for many services within the max character limit, not to mention the recommended length.

Comparing the descriptions and alerting someone to check above a certain percentage of sameness might be good. Like that, the people who can’t differ between stealing and being inspired would at least have to do some work on their own ( and might mess that up, as I’ve seen before) and those who definitely stole it all, including name, number of reviews and stuff like that, could be caught early, maybe before they entice buyers with someone else’s hard work or genius.

But that’s OT, let me think of some T to balance my thread karma …

The algorithm is based on ducks’ behaviour. When one if them thinks it found something interesting and paddles off, they all follow and buy the gig, the faucet is on. Suddenly, one of them spots something else, and they all drop the current POI for the new one, the faucet for the gig is off.

Sitting at a pond as I’m typing, so I might be biased but anyway, this combines duck behaviour and the persistent faucet theory/observations, so it must be true. 😉

No, no, the algoXperts don’t do genius, they only do empirical data, you know. So, after they analyzed countless “Like my gig and I like your gig” forum threads and found out that sellers who like other sellers’ gigs don’t actually go and buy them one day, they concluded that example_seller123 wouldn’t ever actually buy their own gig either, never mind how often they click it, and then told the algorithm to exclude both gig likes as well as clicks on gigs from the gig owners. 🙂

Are you saying being narcissistic does not help increase my gig position?

I click on mine all the time just to hear my own sweat voice.😈

Are you saying being narcissistic does not help increase my gig position?

I click on mine all the time just to hear my own sweat voice.😈

Basically, you got it. But if you click all the time, that may get you a slight positive algoreaction for endurance and for keeping Fiverr’s traffic rate high but only in July.*****

***** Disclaimer for anyone who needs it: This is pure speculation. Actually, not even that. It’s a joke. Please do not start clicking your own gig 24/7 next July, even if you’re one of the amazing people who can stay online 24/7…

Basically, you got it. But if you click all the time, that may get you a slight positive algoreaction for endurance and for keeping Fiverr’s traffic rate high but only in July.*****

***** Disclaimer for anyone who needs it: This is pure speculation. Actually, not even that. It’s a joke. Please do not start clicking your own gig 24/7 next July, even if you’re one of the amazing people who can stay online 24/7…

You have a point here. Someone perhaps who suddenly has lost dedication to the site, Fiver must have a trigger that lets them know the user is not touching their account as much.

Archived