Fiverr BUYERS BEWARE!

cindy10396

Yes of course it does and I have the conversation between both of us.

I was polite and courtesy to him, even when he didn’t deliver on time telling me it was his Birthday. I am open to your opinion on my attitude in the correspondence.

Status Late Purchased from XXXXXXXX Delivery due date Jul 30, 01:01 AM Total price $7 Order number #XXXXXXXXX

I Will XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX In 24 Hours

Order tracker

Order placed

Requirements submitted

Order in progress

Review delivery

Complete order

Jul 28

Activity Details Req’s Delivery

Find Services

7/30/2019 Fiverr / cindy10396 / Shopping / Status of your order No.XXXXXXXXX

https://www.5er.com/v4/users/cindy10396/orders/XXXXXXXXXX

You placed the order Jul 28, 12:56 AM

Your order started Jul 28, 01:01 AM

Your delivery due date was updated to July 30 Jul 28, 01:01 AM

You submitted the requirements Jul 28, 01:01 AM

XXXXXXXX Jul 28, 01:23 AM Awesome!!! Thanks for your order. I’ll get started on it as soon as I can.

Thanks XXXXXXXXX.

Me Jul 28, 01:28 AM Ok, thank you very much!

I look forward to the outcome of this business transaction.

Cindy

Me Jul 30, 01:09 AM Good Day,

Was wondering how things were going with my project?

Cindy

XXXXXXXXX Jul 30, 01:47 AM

C

Today

C

7/30/2019 Fiverr / cindy10396 / Shopping / Status of your order No.XXXXXXXXX

https://www.5er.com/v4/users/cindy10396/orders/XXXXXXXXXX

Everything is progressing well. I just need a couple more hours to finish up.

Thank you.

Me Jul 30, 07:01 AM Can I be given a time please?

XXXXXXXX Jul 30, 07:02 AM I will deliver before 8pm. Sorry for the delay… Today’s my birthday, so…

Me Jul 30, 07:04 AM Well Happy Birthday! I will hold you to this time, is this 8pm my time or your time?

XXXXXXXX Jul 30, 07:05 AM Wow, thanks a lot…

It’ll be my 8pm my time please.

Me Jul 30, 07:07 AM Ok, will look forward to it. A sooner notification would of been appreciated more.

XXXXXXX Jul 30, 07:28 AM Sorry for that… I’ll be more professional in the future.

My gig was not delivered at 8 his time and he did not inform me that it would not be done by then either. I chose not to waste any more of my time with unprofessional excuses.

Total price $7 Order

Speaking entirely frankly here, you’re probably not going to get a huge amount of sympathy here on the forum for a $5 order.

Yes, the seller should have delivered whatever they were promising. Many here on Fiverr would have acted more professionally, even at the $5 price-point.

But at the same time… come on… It’s a $5 order! You either bought something frivolous for 5 bucks, and it didn’t work out. Or you’ve tried to get something genuinely important done for $5, which you would have known is WAY under market rates but you ordered anyway. And I see it’s a 24 hour delivery!?

You’re familiar with the phrase “if it sounds too good to be true” right?

Out of interest, what kind of seller research did you do prior to ordering?

Either way, at $5, you took a punt and it didn’t work out. You’ve complained that Fiverr will only credit you, and won’t give you your money back… Well now you can add a bit more money to it and pay a sensible price for whatever the service is you require, from a well researched seller with a proven track history of providing value. I guarantee you’ll come away happier.

Total price $7 Order

I knew it!!..

Oh well…

I knew it!!..

Oh well…

While I don’t think you should be a freelancer if you are this careless with your deadlines on a regular basis, this entire post is the strongest argument against selling $5 gigs I’ve ever seen.

Total price $7 Order

Speaking entirely frankly here, you’re probably not going to get a huge amount of sympathy here on the forum for a $5 order.

Yes, the seller should have delivered whatever they were promising. Many here on Fiverr would have acted more professionally, even at the $5 price-point.

But at the same time… come on… It’s a $5 order! You either bought something frivolous for 5 bucks, and it didn’t work out. Or you’ve tried to get something genuinely important done for $5, which you would have known is WAY under market rates but you ordered anyway. And I see it’s a 24 hour delivery!?

You’re familiar with the phrase “if it sounds too good to be true” right?

Out of interest, what kind of seller research did you do prior to ordering?

Either way, at $5, you took a punt and it didn’t work out. You’ve complained that Fiverr will only credit you, and won’t give you your money back… Well now you can add a bit more money to it and pay a sensible price for whatever the service is you require, from a well researched seller with a proven track history of providing value. I guarantee you’ll come away happier.

Total price $7 Order

another 5$ drama… oh well

And he showed online, and told me he would have it by a certain allowed extension.

I do take in consideration all of the above things you mentioned. But I think this was unacceptable.

Besides if he would of communicated things to me better I would of been more understanding.

Some Fiverr sellers don’t take it seriously, they think it’s a game or a hobby, they don’t realize getting a job here is as real as getting one from your boss at work.

However, getting angry with Fiverr is like getting angry with Comcast because the cable guy didn’t show up when he promised. What are you going to do? Live without Internet?

Fiverr is a platform, they’re not responsible for the seller’s conducts, although they can demote sellers, even delete their accounts if they violate the terms of service too often.

Also, we’re not allowed to mention other people’s gigs. Not even if we’re using them as examples of good gigs, bad gigs, etc. We can talk about our experiences, what we ordered, etc.

I am more than willing and I was willing to work with the seller in every way. I know sellers are human and things in life happen I am really ok with that, but more communication needs to be given especially when the buyer is staying in contact.

Read the conversation between seller and I below and tell me if you think I was being inhuman with him. That will be something that I will work on. Thank you.

thats your kindness if you’ve given extra time to the seller!

but you can’t say all sellers on fiverr are same !

i have completed more than 60 orders on fiverr

i also face some fake BUYERS o fiverr and one buyer cheated me and took my 95$ which are 15000 pakistan rupees,but i din’t blame fiverr or fiverr buyers and also got more than 5 fake messages from buyers and they want to shutdown my account

so you can’t blame fiverr and all sellers

i have completed 20-30 order of 5$ only but the work i have done for 5$ is more than that of 100$ but iam calm i said okay…

i suggest you to go to another seller try another one there are more millions of sellers on fiverr you can another one for your work!

You placed an order for a service. You expected the order to be delivered at a certain time, it wasn’t. You then gave an extension but the seller has yet to finish your order.

It’s safe to say that since you purchased the service it is something that you wanted/needed. Why not allow another reasonable extension (let’s say 2 days) so the seller can complete the order.

Let’s say your final delivery was wonderful and you loved everything about it. You then could have wrote a review and left the proper rating for this service.

"Finish product came out great but the seller was extremely late on delivering it. Very unprofessional communication. I will not be returning back." - 2 stars

I agree with you, but the seller was not contacting me when the project was suppose to be finished. It was Fiverr that said it was late the first time and when I contacted the seller to ask how things were going he said he needed a couple hours.

So i just asked him for a new delivery time and then said ok on what he said. I just held him accountable for that time that he chose. Then the time came and nothing, no delivery, no correspondence, but he was showing online.

Total price $7 Order

another 5$ drama… oh well

Yeah I know you balk at the $5 sale but isn’t that the premise of the site, thus the name Fiverr? You look down from your position higher on the staircase, and that is fortunate for you. Not all have that luxury from the start.

We do have a level playing field. We are all humans and for the most part all have a brain. Not all are blessed with the financial luxury of throwing money around. That does not make them any less fortunate because we are on the same field, some are just in the back and need to work harder to get to the front.

We can all meet at the front! We all have the opportunity with the use of our brains. I do not have a problem paying people for their worth. I have worked in the service industry and I know best.

This person was asking this price and I wanted to test the waters and establish an ongoing business relationship. In fact wanted to buy the larger packages next time if things went well.

We all need to just START somewhere and the seller himself needed to start somewhere also to

build up momentum. I was excited to help out someone starting out just as I am starting out.

I did research and looked around and checked reviews and did not judge on only 1 bad review, which I would think that most sellers would not want to be judged on 1 or 2 bad reviews because we all have bad days here and there.

I am unable to find the right place to do this. I wanted to just leave a review but since I am unable to and I cannot talk with customer service, I am just trying to get justice as a buyer.

I don’t want to be doing this. I just wanted to purchase a service and develop a business relationship but I did not get good service.

That is a lot of ( I ) 's in 2 sentences

It’s wrong to blame here but why you didn’t check the work samples and have not take an interview before starting?
You got a less expensive seller and have started your job because he/she selling in less price.
Most of the clients do this and find cheaper seller and after it blame the seller not himself.

Any one how wants quality work pay reasonable price and before starting he/she checked by interview and questions rather the seller is best fit for the job or not.

It’s wrong to blame here but why you didn’t check the work samples and have not take an interview before starting?

You got a less expensive seller and have started your job because he/she selling in less price.

Most of the clients do this and find cheaper seller and after it blame the seller not himself.

Any one how wants quality work pay reasonable price and before starting he/she checked by interview and questions rather the seller is best fit for the job or not.

I did check work samples and looked over reviews, did some research the best I knew how to do. Check out my past post to get more of this information.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah I know you balk at the $5 sale but isn’t that the premise of the site, thus the name Fiverr? You look down from your position higher on the staircase, and that is fortunate for you. Not all have that luxury from the start.

We do have a level playing field. We are all humans and for the most part all have a brain. Not all are blessed with the financial luxury of throwing money around. That does not make them any less fortunate because we are on the same field, some are just in the back and need to work harder to get to the front.

We can all meet at the front! We all have the opportunity with the use of our brains. I do not have a problem paying people for their worth. I have worked in the service industry and I know best.

This person was asking this price and I wanted to test the waters and establish an ongoing business relationship. In fact wanted to buy the larger packages next time if things went well.

We all need to just START somewhere and the seller himself needed to start somewhere also to

build up momentum. I was excited to help out someone starting out just as I am starting out.

I did research and looked around and checked reviews and did not judge on only 1 bad review, which I would think that most sellers would not want to be judged on 1 or 2 bad reviews because we all have bad days here and there.

“Yeah I know you balk at the $5 sale but isn’t that the premise of the site, thus the name Fiverr? You look down from your position higher on the staircase, and that is fortunate for you. Not all have that luxury from the start.”

Businesses don’t just price based on time and labor. They price based on the value of their work. You as a buyer agree to that when you purchase. This doesn’t change just because you are on a budget.

No one owes you greater value than you paid for and your budget doesn’t entitle you to that.

What you are assuming is that you get the value YOU want for $5. No. Sellers determine the value. If you don’t like it, you don’t buy it. You don’t get to redefine that value. I don’t ask for a refund at McDonalds after I’ve eaten because it wasn’t gourmet.

I’ve been freelancing for a long time and the budget excuse is the most common form of exploitation people have tried on me. As freelancers we have to protect ourselves against this, otherwise we’ll always be delivering fine dining for the price of fast food.

I know this is old, but I had to chime in.

Archived