Client refuses to put artist name in the credits

Hello! Hope You guys are doing alright.
In my gig, i mention clearly that that the artist name should be mentioned in case of commercial use.
In one of the projects it was an Instagram loop video, so i tried to avoid putting watermarks and such, but whenever i remind the buyer about artist’s credits he ignores me although i’m online.
Is there anything i can do?

Hello! Hope You guys are doing alright.

In my gig, i mention clearly that that the artist name should be mentioned in case of commercial use.

In one of the projects it was an Instagram loop video, so i tried to avoid putting watermarks and such, but whenever i remind the buyer about artist’s credits he ignores me although i’m online.

charge for commercial use and let them use it without your name , you won’t really gain anything if the your names appears there in my opinion

You’re being paid for your work, you’re not being paid to become famous or get credit. When Cadillac pays a million dollars to use a song by the Rolling Stones, the commercial doesn’t mention who the song is from, who wrote the song, who played the instruments, etc.

Think of yourself like a ghostwriter, you’re a ghost because even though people see your work, they don’t see you.

Besides, you can always put the work you create on your live portfolio, your personal website, etc.

I would ignore that, too.

Commissions don’t get credits. Why would they?

If you are using the work of artists who are not getting commissions for this and you don’t have third-party resale rights to their work, you shouldn’t be doing that. That doesn’t become okay just because you credit them. You aren’t entitled to profit from other people’s work without the required compensation. You need the rights to use people’s work. It’s not your client’s responsibility. It’s yours. No wonder they’re ignoring the request.

Learn how rights work before selling rights-related things. You made yourself look ignorant and unprofessional.

I would ignore that, too.

Commissions don’t get credits. Why would they?

If you are using the work of artists who are not getting commissions for this and you don’t have third-party resale rights to their work, you shouldn’t be doing that. That doesn’t become okay just because you credit them. You aren’t entitled to profit from other people’s work without the required compensation. You need the rights to use people’s work. It’s not your client’s responsibility. It’s yours. No wonder they’re ignoring the request.

Learn how rights work before selling rights-related things. You made yourself look ignorant and unprofessional.

Well, sorry for not explaining this part clearly but what’s meant by “artist name” is my name, not a third party that i used his work in the project, that would be wrong as you said.

And the others have explained to me why I can’t make the buyers mention my name in their social media platforms.

Thank you for your time.

You shouldn’t be selling work on fiverr and demanding your name be included in the work you sell. You are asking for too much. Your competitors don’t do that.

Also it won’t bring you a sale to have people see your name on someone’s video. People will avoid using anyone who does this.

Why are you doing this?

Well, sorry for not explaining this part clearly but what’s meant by “artist name” is my name, not a third party that i used his work in the project, that would be wrong as you said.

And the others have explained to me why I can’t make the buyers mention my name in their social media platforms.

Thank you for your time.

You did not make that clear at all. Also, “the artist” is third-person narrative," which you don’t usually use to describe yourself.

You could be using third-party material.

You did not make that clear at all. Also, “the artist” is third-person narrative," which you don’t usually use to describe yourself.

You could be using third-party material.

Yeah sorry about that, i couldn’t express it correctly

And i assure you no third party materials were used my work is 100% made by me and i send previews of the drawing process to the customers to make sure they’re satisfied with the syle

Yeah sorry about that, i couldn’t express it correctly

And i assure you no third party materials were used my work is 100% made by me and i send previews of the drawing process to the customers to make sure they’re satisfied with the syle

It can be effective or at least fine to use third-person narrative if it is clear who it refers to.

Archived