Some buyers are just here to kill us

yana2020

Hi,

I see that none of your gigs offer unlimited revisions, which is a good thing. 🙂 This means that you are getting remunerated for the extra revisions that your customers request, right?

While it may be frustrating to keep tweaking/revising the same project over and over again, you are at least getting paid for doing that, right?

Unfortunately, some buyers can be very particular/picky and can be hard to convince. However, you don’t have any other choice but to somehow convince them; if you were to contact CS, they would tell you the same thing too.

If a buyer exceeds the free revision quota, send them an extra for the revision. Not doing so can be the start of a vicious cycle in which buyers take advantage of you and extort additional work from you FOC.

There isn’t a cap. You don’t automatically get a completion just because you submitted a certain number of revisions. Only the buyer can mark it complete and stop asking for revisions.

You can contact Fiverr support if you have a strong case and maybe they will help you stop the revision requests from that buyer, but there’s no automatic process that prevents a buyer from asking for more revisions after a certain number of revision requests. I’d argue that there should be, but there isn’t.

Hi,

I see that none of your gigs offer unlimited revisions, which is a good thing. 🙂 This means that you are getting remunerated for the extra revisions that your customers request, right?

While it may be frustrating to keep tweaking/revising the same project over and over again, you are at least getting paid for doing that, right?

Unfortunately, some buyers can be very particular/picky and can be hard to convince. However, you don’t have any other choice but to somehow convince them; if you were to contact CS, they would tell you the same thing too.

If a buyer exceeds the free revision quota, send them an extra for the revision. Not doing so can be the start of a vicious cycle in which buyers take advantage of you and extort additional work from you FOC.

This is fine in Fairy Kingdom Fiverr. In reality, it would only work if Fiverr grayed out the revision button after revision requests have been exceeded.

This is fine in Fairy Kingdom Fiverr. In reality, it would only work if Fiverr grayed out the revision button after revision requests have been exceeded.

Good lord I wish they would do this.

In reality, it would only work if Fiverr grayed out the revision button after revision requests have been exceeded

If the buyer continues to request for free revisions even after having exceeded the free quota, you could let them know that, as clearly mentioned in the gig, they’re only entitled to x number of free revisions and that requesting for more free revisions would be a violation of Fiverr’s ToS.

I’d also let them know that any further requests for free revisions would be denied and that the previously delivered products/services would be redelivered again (with no changes made).

Just to be on the safe side, I’d also contact CS and let them know of this buyer’s unreasonable requests.

From ToS:

• Requesting to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed requirements by using the Request Revisions button is not allowed.

In reality, it would only work if Fiverr grayed out the revision button after revision requests have been exceeded

If the buyer continues to request for free revisions even after having exceeded the free quota, you could let them know that, as clearly mentioned in the gig, they’re only entitled to x number of free revisions and that requesting for more free revisions would be a violation of Fiverr’s ToS.

I’d also let them know that any further requests for free revisions would be denied and that the previously delivered products/services would be redelivered again (with no changes made).

Just to be on the safe side, I’d also contact CS and let them know of this buyer’s unreasonable requests.

From ToS:

• Requesting to gain more services from Sellers beyond the agreed requirements by using the Request Revisions button is not allowed.

Yeah, I’ve tried this. I just ended up with orders canceled by CS. Now I wouldn’t even dare because of suggestions I might not have delivered whatever was described in my gig.

I tried employing a policy of zero cancellations. In the end, I figured it was easier to just cancel when people ask for too many revisions. In fairness, though, I haven’t had big problems for a very long time.

Hi,

thanks… very helpful @hanshuber16

There isn’t a cap. You don’t automatically get a completion just because you submitted a certain number of revisions. Only the buyer can mark it complete and stop asking for revisions.

You can contact Fiverr support if you have a strong case and maybe they will help you stop the revision requests from that buyer, but there’s no automatic process that prevents a buyer from asking for more revisions after a certain number of revision requests. I’d argue that there should be, but there isn’t.

you are my favorite here… thanks @humanissocial

Yeah, I’ve tried this. I just ended up with orders canceled by CS. Now I wouldn’t even dare because of suggestions I might not have delivered whatever was described in my gig.

I tried employing a policy of zero cancellations. In the end, I figured it was easier to just cancel when people ask for too many revisions. In fairness, though, I haven’t had big problems for a very long time.

things just keep getting tough here on fiverr… anyway, thanks @cyaxrex

Archived