When Science and Tech Go too Far - Would You Get a Brain Implant?

cyaxrex

I’ve recently discovered the latest crazy invention by modern era mad scientist Elon Musk. It is called Neuralink. It basically involves giving your brain the ability to connect to a computer and as a result, the Internet. You can read more about it here:

favicon.icoDezeen – 22 Jul 19 elon-musk-neuralink-technology_dezeen_2364_sq-1.thumb.jpg.f6e6dc45862548b527486f0921351a78.jpg

Elon Musk's Neuralink implant will "merge" humans with AI

Tesla founder Elon Musk has launched tech startup Neuralink that aims to build implants that connect human brains with computer interfaces via artificial intelligence.

I, personally, find the idea horrific. I can also think of lots of catastrophic things which could go wrong. Hackers are one concern. Medical side effects are another. However, I have brought this topic up with a few people in real life, and they are surprisingly accepting of the idea. One woman I know said straight away she would have her son chipped so she always knows where he is.

In this case, I thought I would just start a general conversation thread to see what people in the Fiverr verse think. Since we all work on computers for most of our time, is this something you would consider investing in if you were given the option?

If not, would it be something you would consider eventually if only to keep up with your competitors?

Every time one of those articles mentions “safe” (haha) and painless, it reminds me of that time I got my tonsils removed as a kid and makes me shudder.

The bright technological future we’re rolling into makes me so uncomfortable. I’m in my 30s, though, maybe it’s the age showing.

Every time one of those articles mentions “safe” (haha) and painless, it reminds me of that time I got my tonsils removed as a kid and makes me shudder.

The bright technological future we’re rolling into makes me so uncomfortable. I’m in my 30s, though, maybe it’s the age showing.

I’m in my 30s, though, maybe it’s the age showing.

I don’t think it is age. I think it is critical thinking and the fact there was still privacy in the world when we were young. Most of the generation following us are tech addicts who simply don’t think about things like privacy or security. - Or long-term consequences.

It’s like people who think it is amazing that you can unlock your phone or whatever with a finger print or iris scan. As I see it, if I was wealthy, a criminal would have to torture me to to make me give up my passwords etc. However, all you have to do to gain access to most peoples phones and accounts is… Well, its gruesome but obvious.

His idea is a great one for the people who have diseases that destroy their ability to move, so it would be a blessing if that worked well for them.

currently the operation would require drilling holes into the patient’s skull to implant the threads.

The act of drilling holes into people’s skulls is an ancient practice and one that a few currently living people have found to cure their depression and other mental illnesses. Ancient people did this to release evil spirits. In fact, for the few who have actually done this, it has given them a whole new life, free of mental illnesses.

bbc.com
p045xp4l.jpg.fbf9bb19183a1670596dc39a3a7a43c8.jpg

Why our ancestors drilled holes in each other's skulls

Thousands of years ago, people were performing a form of surgery called "trepanation" that involves boring holes through a person's skull

His idea is a great one for the people who have diseases that destroy their ability to move, so it would be a blessing if that worked well for them.

currently the operation would require drilling holes into the patient’s skull to implant the threads.

The act of drilling holes into people’s skulls is an ancient practice and one that a few currently living people have found to cure their depression and other mental illnesses. Ancient people did this to release evil spirits. In fact, for the few who have actually done this, it has given them a whole new life, free of mental illnesses.

bbc.com
39f4f5cc7c5740e6863a9f78ba443250282532c9.jpeg

Why our ancestors drilled holes in each other's skulls

Thousands of years ago, people were performing a form of surgery called "trepanation" that involves boring holes through a person's skull

His idea is a great one for the people who have diseases that destroy their ability to move,

That is how it seems. However, as a pessimist and someone with a basic understanding of how the brain works, I think the negatives would outweigh the benefits.

Neurotransmitter chemicals aren’t in infinite supply in the brain. This tech will work by using electrical pulses to read and write data by encouraging release of neurotransmitters. Your brain simply isn’t designed to have that extra input and output. It’s just my theory. However, I imagine that prolonged use would lead to problems like depression, anxiety, and other things, as people start running out of dopamine like drug addicts to.

I’d, therefore, take a wheelchair or wait for some kind of Ironman suit to be invented which I could control verbally.

No, thank you, there’s already too much of the internet in my head as is.

That said, I’m fond of LitRPG. I might be fonder, though, if there was better LitRPG. 😉 However, I might be tempted to fully immerse into some RPG environment (of course only if they’ll give me a guarantee that I won’t actually be gnawed on by a monster and I can be sure I can exit in time for high tea or whatever IRL necessities. I probably wouldn’t trust their guarantees, though. Guess I’ll stick to conventional games, AR games, VR games, and good old-fashioned reading and day and night dreaming.

So, generally, no to any of that. And the thought of “having my son chipped” … just no. If people, competitors and otherwise, want to become neuralinked and have themselves chipped, fine. But please leave others, including your sons, alone until they are able to make their own decisions.

Neuralink et. al. will, however, certainly have enough people interested enough to make it happen and if it can be made safe enough, or can be made safe enough seeming, to disperse people’s concerns, it surely will become mainstream and anyone who won’t be neuralinked and chipped and stuff will be the odd one out.
Those of us who choose to become the resistance might become a hunted minority, living down in the sewers of Paris or somewhere, trying to live on coffee, croissants and Gauloises from the money we still can make with our Fiverr gigs ranking on page 555 because all the good spots will be taken up by neuralinked competitors. Hey, that could be fun, only that we’d all have to sit in our separate sewer section, of course, because we could not chat in person but just via the forum (in coded language). Maybe we could even win over discobot to the sewer side if we tell him R2D2 would be proud of him if he went into the underground and carried coded messages between us all.

Sorry, I got carried away, but these topics are really fascinating if slightly alarmingly fascinating. “Have my son chipped?” Over my dead body. [self-censored.] If my son, however, wanted to get chipped? Well, I’d try to convince him to get very very well-informed and think and sleep about it several times before deciding but I’d back his decision, whatever it would be. And I’d like to imagine it a given that you’d need to be at least 18 before being allowed a brain implant. And no, not earlier with your parents’ permission.

His idea is a great one for the people who have diseases that destroy their ability to move,

That is how it seems. However, as a pessimist and someone with a basic understanding of how the brain works, I think the negatives would outweigh the benefits.

Neurotransmitter chemicals aren’t in infinite supply in the brain. This tech will work by using electrical pulses to read and write data by encouraging release of neurotransmitters. Your brain simply isn’t designed to have that extra input and output. It’s just my theory. However, I imagine that prolonged use would lead to problems like depression, anxiety, and other things, as people start running out of dopamine like drug addicts to.

I’d, therefore, take a wheelchair or wait for some kind of Ironman suit to be invented which I could control verbally.

Neurotransmitter chemicals aren’t in infinite supply in the brain.

They are if the right drugs are supplied but the problem is that the synapses burn out and can’t conduct any more signals. Either that or amyloid deposits obstruct them.

Amyloid plaques are clumps of beta-amyloids, which destroy connections between nerve cells. They are found in the brains of patients with Alzheimer’s disease

If someone is unable to move and this gives them hope I say let them do it.

Our government will never let them do this to healthy people so it’s a moot point anyway.

That said, I’m fond of LitRPG. I might be fonder, though, if there was better LitRPG. 😉 However, I might be tempted to fully immerse into some RPG environment (of course only if they’ll give me a guarantee that I won’t actually be gnawed on by a monster and I can be sure I can exit in time for high tea or whatever IRL necessities. I probably wouldn’t trust their guarantees, though. Guess I’ll stick to conventional games, AR games, VR games, and good old-fashioned reading and day and night dreaming.

So, generally, no to any of that. And the thought of “having my son chipped” … just no. If people, competitors and otherwise, want to become neuralinked and have themselves chipped, fine. But please leave others, including your sons, alone until they are able to make their own decisions.

Neuralink et. al. will, however, certainly have enough people interested enough to make it happen and if it can be made safe enough, or can be made safe enough seeming, to disperse people’s concerns, it surely will become mainstream and anyone who won’t be neuralinked and chipped and stuff will be the odd one out.

Those of us who choose to become the resistance might become a hunted minority, living down in the sewers of Paris or somewhere, trying to live on coffee, croissants and Gauloises from the money we still can make with our Fiverr gigs ranking on page 555 because all the good spots will be taken up by neuralinked competitors. Hey, that could be fun, only that we’d all have to sit in our separate sewer section, of course, because we could not chat in person but just via the forum (in coded language). Maybe we could even win over discobot to the sewer side if we tell him R2D2 would be proud of him if he went into the underground and carried coded messages between us all.

Sorry, I got carried away, but these topics are really fascinating if slightly alarmingly fascinating. “Have my son chipped?” Over my dead body. [self-censored.] If my son, however, wanted to get chipped? Well, I’d try to convince him to get very very well-informed and think and sleep about it several times before deciding but I’d back his decision, whatever it would be. And I’d like to imagine it a given that you’d need to be at least 18 before being allowed a brain implant. And no, not earlier with your parents’ permission.

Those of us who choose to become the resistance might become a hunted minority, living down in the sewers of Paris or somewhere, trying to live on coffee, croissants and Gauloises from the money we still can make with our Fiverr gigs

You’ve been living in some fancier French sewers than the ones I’m familiar with. 😄

I too think I will end up being the odd one out by not being chipped. I’m already the only person I know who doesn’t use a phone. I have one, but it is almost always in airplane mode. When I tell people (because they want to connect on FB or something and I say no), I see this flash of incomprehension and disdain in their eyes.

I’m not sure I would let my kids get a link at any age. I mean, what if they get hacked? You could be getting ready for the day and be completely unaware that your son, daughter, or other significant other, was being controlled by a criminal or worse somewhere via a kind of human VR uplink. Or they could just have their memories hacked, etc.

Far too terrifying for me, I’m afraid. I will be forced to raise my family in a Faraday cage in the woods far from the nearest city or town come Borg metropolis.

I’m in my 30s, though, maybe it’s the age showing.

I don’t think it is age. I think it is critical thinking and the fact there was still privacy in the world when we were young. Most of the generation following us are tech addicts who simply don’t think about things like privacy or security. - Or long-term consequences.

It’s like people who think it is amazing that you can unlock your phone or whatever with a finger print or iris scan. As I see it, if I was wealthy, a criminal would have to torture me to to make me give up my passwords etc. However, all you have to do to gain access to most peoples phones and accounts is… Well, its gruesome but obvious.

fact there was still privacy in the world when we were young.

I remember the day I got my first pop-up banner that knew my location (and promised me a million dollars I’ve just won). Just vividly remember the moment and how uncomfortable and creeped out I was. Still am.

That app that ages your face is a genius invention, though. Just imagine the size of the database they now have.

I was born with hydrocephalus and no, we’re not drilling anything, not tampering with any processes, we’re just leaving my brain be. I think the fragility of the brain often gets underestimated. It’s extremely powerful but also so intricate and precise that you get anything one fraction of a millimeter off and you can crash the entire thing completely.

And yet, I still have to convince people that banging their heads against the table ironically is a bad idea even if it’s funny and conveys the point so I’m 200% sure they’ll get the planet chipped in no time.

Those of us who choose to become the resistance might become a hunted minority, living down in the sewers of Paris or somewhere, trying to live on coffee, croissants and Gauloises from the money we still can make with our Fiverr gigs

You’ve been living in some fancier French sewers than the ones I’m familiar with. 😄

I too think I will end up being the odd one out by not being chipped. I’m already the only person I know who doesn’t use a phone. I have one, but it is almost always in airplane mode. When I tell people (because they want to connect on FB or something and I say no), I see this flash of incomprehension and disdain in their eyes.

I’m not sure I would let my kids get a link at any age. I mean, what if they get hacked? You could be getting ready for the day and be completely unaware that your son, daughter, or other significant other, was being controlled by a criminal or worse somewhere via a kind of human VR uplink. Or they could just have their memories hacked, etc.

Far too terrifying for me, I’m afraid. I will be forced to raise my family in a Faraday cage in the woods far from the nearest city or town come Borg metropolis.

Yeah, manholes leading up to cafés and cigarette machines in the TRS sewer sections, you know, just imagine what the PRO sewer sections must be like, they might even have velvet chaiselongues and chandeliers!

To be honest, I felt a bit bullied when I told people I don’t even have FB when they had finally managed to find me through a series of unfortunate circumstances to invite me to a school reunion (I like to cover my traces well, that’s indispensable for a future resistance sewer dweller) but I do have a phone. The last thing I like to do with it is actually using it as a phone, though, but sometimes I have to. Extraneous circumstances though, not of my choosing.

I’m not sure I would let my kids get a link at any age.

It’s pretty clear that you don’t have kids lol it reminds me of a text I recently translated which went something like “if you have kids they will do their utmost to bypass parental control”. 😉

But getting too far OT again …

That app that ages your face is a genius invention, though. Just imagine the size of the database they now have.

Definitely genius. That was pretty much my first thought too, when I read about it first. I didn’t use it. I like surprises, anyway.

I’ve recently discovered the latest crazy invention by modern era mad scientist Elon Musk. It is called Neuralink. It basically involves giving your brain the ability to connect to a computer and as a result, the Internet. You can read more about it here:

favicon.icoDezeen – 22 Jul 19 4ab0c442f4239910e769a975fac4d175db04de2b.jpeg

Tesla founder Elon Musk has launched tech startup Neuralink that aims to build implants that connect human brains with computer interfaces via artificial intelligence.

I, personally, find the idea horrific. I can also think of lots of catastrophic things which could go wrong. Hackers are one concern. Medical side effects are another. However, I have brought this topic up with a few people in real life, and they are surprisingly accepting of the idea. One woman I know said straight away she would have her son chipped so she always knows where he is.

In this case, I thought I would just start a general conversation thread to see what people in the Fiverr verse think. Since we all work on computers for most of our time, is this something you would consider investing in if you were given the option?

If not, would it be something you would consider eventually if only to keep up with your competitors?

I don’t think this is a good idea. It is very difficult to say that there won’t be any positive aspect of this invention. I think brain should never be manipulated by tech. This is scary.

I think that we need to implant emotions like grief, embarrassment, kindness etc… in criminals.

If tech makes people human then it is good. If tech is abused and used for crimes then it is bad. ( I watch news daily that’s why I am talking about criminals and humanity.)

Those of us who choose to become the resistance might become a hunted minority, living down in the sewers of Paris or somewhere, trying to live on coffee, croissants and Gauloises

Already there… :woman_mage:

As a student who’s studying the brain and trying to get a computer code to interpret the changes occurring in it, this fascinates me. But will I use it? Nope! That’s just scary. They** can already access the privacy of our houses, bank accounts and work, there’s absolutely no need to let them into our minds directly.

However, I suspect once the initial skepticism wears off, neuralink will be the next smart phone or laptop. ‘Everyone has it. You should get one too,’ sort of a thing.

**Criminal minded people with no regards for privacy.

fact there was still privacy in the world when we were young.

I remember the day I got my first pop-up banner that knew my location (and promised me a million dollars I’ve just won). Just vividly remember the moment and how uncomfortable and creeped out I was. Still am.

I was born with hydrocephalus and no, we’re not drilling anything, not tampering with any processes, we’re just leaving my brain be. I think the fragility of the brain often gets underestimated. It’s extremely powerful but also so intricate and precise that you get anything one fraction of a millimeter off and you can crash the entire thing completely.

And yet, I still have to convince people that banging their heads against the table ironically is a bad idea even if it’s funny and conveys the point so I’m 200% sure they’ll get the planet chipped in no time.

I remember the day I got my first pop-up banner that knew my location (and promised me a million dollars I’ve just won).

I get chills when I realize how tracked everyone is. I’ve mainly used locked down Linux operating systems since 2010. When Windows 10 came out, I decided to activate my free copy in case I ever needed it, by upgrading the Windows 7 my laptop shipped with. Shortly after, I found that in my hotmail account, I could see my exact location. This was scary since I don’t use wifi and I didn’t realize they could pinpoint your exact location from a wired router.

More recently, a friend was telling me about her experience with AliExpress. Later, I realized that my phone was showing me lots of ads for the same company and products we had been discussing. That’s my que to root it and install LineageOS which is free of all the Google spying magic.

I’m pleased that you have recovered from hydrocephalus. I was diagnosed as epileptic when I was 15. However, I’m 100% sure it was a misdiagnosis. I was on medication for a year ad it was the worst year of my life, which I later discovered was because I’d been put on the wrong dosage of the wrong drug. Now I do everything the alternative health way. It works fine for me. However, I’m terrified of ever being at the hands of a doctor again.

It’s pretty clear that you don’t have kids lol

I want kids though! My master plan is to start a family when I’m somewhere out in the sticks of rural Georgia. No Skynet, just trees, mountains, and my own small holding.

My brain is already a computer – a biological computer. It does not need a digital upgrade.

Interestingly, from what I understand about Neuralink, it has to work via an analog brain interface, I find this interesting as so do quantum computing processors. This kind of implies that your brain isn’t just a computer, it’s a quantum computer. 😉

Of course, I blame teenage infatuations with Seven of Nine for all this tech mayhem. I seem to recall that you might be a fellow Treky? If so, have you seen the new Picard series trailer yet? I was so left so excited, I almost wet myself.

I remember the day I got my first pop-up banner that knew my location (and promised me a million dollars I’ve just won).

I get chills when I realize how tracked everyone is. I’ve mainly used locked down Linux operating systems since 2010. When Windows 10 came out, I decided to activate my free copy in case I ever needed it, by upgrading the Windows 7 my laptop shipped with. Shortly after, I found that in my hotmail account, I could see my exact location. This was scary since I don’t use wifi and I didn’t realize they could pinpoint your exact location from a wired router.

More recently, a friend was telling me about her experience with AliExpress. Later, I realized that my phone was showing me lots of ads for the same company and products we had been discussing. That’s my que to root it and install LineageOS which is free of all the Google spying magic.

I’m pleased that you have recovered from hydrocephalus. I was diagnosed as epileptic when I was 15. However, I’m 100% sure it was a misdiagnosis. I was on medication for a year ad it was the worst year of my life, which I later discovered was because I’d been put on the wrong dosage of the wrong drug. Now I do everything the alternative health way. It works fine for me. However, I’m terrified of ever being at the hands of a doctor again.

I want kids though! My master plan is to start a family when I’m somewhere out in the sticks of rural Georgia. No Skynet, just trees, mountains, and my own small holding.

My brain is already a computer – a biological computer. It does not need a digital upgrade.

Interestingly, from what I understand about Neuralink, it has to work via an analog brain interface, I find this interesting as so do quantum computing processors. This kind of implies that your brain isn’t just a computer, it’s a quantum computer. 😉

Of course, I blame teenage infatuations with Seven of Nine for all this tech mayhem. I seem to recall that you might be a fellow Treky? If so, have you seen the new Picard series trailer yet? I was so left so excited, I almost wet myself.

Of course, I blame teenage infatuations with Seven of Nine for all this tech mayhem.

Ha! Had I been drinking a beverage when I read this, my screen would have been the recipient of said beverage. 😛

I seem to recall that you might be a fellow Treky?

Yes, I am indeed. 😉

If so, have you seen the new Picard series trailor yet? I was so left so excited, I almost wet myself.

I have seen it – a few times, actually. I can’t say that I shared your same reaction, though. I managed to retain my fluids without the possibility of any potential unfortunate incidents… 😛

Of course, I blame teenage infatuations with Seven of Nine for all this tech mayhem.

Ha! Had I been drinking a beverage when I read this, my screen would have been the recipient of said beverage. 😛

I seem to recall that you might be a fellow Treky?

Yes, I am indeed. 😉

If so, have you seen the new Picard series trailor yet? I was so left so excited, I almost wet myself.

I have seen it – a few times, actually. I can’t say that I shared your same reaction, though. I managed to retain my fluids without the possibility of any potential unfortunate incidents… 😛

I can’t say that I shared your same reaction, though.

I was just happy to see Seven again. - And intrigued by the Borg Cube setting. I also liked Discovery, despite… Well, controversy etc. There were massive canon holes everywhere, but I liked the writing and character development enough to forgive the whole thing looking more Battle Star Galactica than Star Trek.

I’m hoping that because of recent Discovery canon controversy, they are pulling out all the stops with Picard to make old time Trekies go “Wow!”

Or it could simply be the case that I have watched Voyager so many times out of nostalgia, that my quantum computer brain has willed Seven of Nine back into existence. Either way, I’m happy.

I can’t say that I shared your same reaction, though.

I was just happy to see Seven again. - And intrigued by the Borg Cube setting. I also liked Discovery, despite… Well, controversy etc. There were massive canon holes everywhere, but I liked the writing and character development enough to forgive the whole thing looking more Battle Star Galactica than Star Trek.

I’m hoping that because of recent Discovery canon controversy, they are pulling out all the stops with Picard to make old time Trekies go “Wow!”

Or it could simply be the case that I have watched Voyager so many times out of nostalgia, that my quantum computer brain has willed Seven of Nine back into existence. Either way, I’m happy.

You might find it interesting to check out some of the many “trailer breakdown” videos on YT. There are some interesting Picard series theories that have been put forward based upon what was seen in the trailer.

Rural Georgia may be your only chance to save your future kids … But don’t discount the Paris sewers, in case chip-antagonistic but internet-friendly dissidents decide to make rural Georgia their location d’être, we’ll have jamming transmitters and work offline and go up to send deliveries from Starbucks like any good freelancer does. Or discobot can do that for us.

Techradar has an article that announces more, much more magic ahead regarding giving us a hand with shopping tips:

Following the feeding frenzy of Amazon Prime Day, Google has debuted its new shopping platform to lure customers with personalized recommendations. The tool is now live in the US, and will welcome you by name and show tailored suggestions if you’re logged in with your Google account.

Google has previously insisted that it has no intention of becoming a retailer, but the new shopping portal puts it in clear competition with Amazon.

Resistance is futile. But we can try. What doesn’t, and so on.

It’s interesting, however, that most people here seem not quite ready for a neuralink yet, although gig economy freelancers probably would be assumed early adopters. Internet and freelancers - amour fou.

Rural Georgia may be your only chance to save your future kids … But don’t discount the Paris sewers, in case chip-antagonistic but internet-friendly dissidents decide to make rural Georgia their location d’être, we’ll have jamming transmitters and work offline and go up to send deliveries from Starbucks like any good freelancer does. Or discobot can do that for us.

Techradar has an article that announces more, much more magic ahead regarding giving us a hand with shopping tips:

Following the feeding frenzy of Amazon Prime Day, Google has debuted its new shopping platform to lure customers with personalized recommendations. The tool is now live in the US, and will welcome you by name and show tailored suggestions if you’re logged in with your Google account.

Google has previously insisted that it has no intention of becoming a retailer, but the new shopping portal puts it in clear competition with Amazon.

Resistance is futile. But we can try. What doesn’t, and so on.

It’s interesting, however, that most people here seem not quite ready for a neuralink yet, although gig economy freelancers probably would be assumed early adopters. Internet and freelancers - amour fou.

we’ll have jamming transmitters and work offline and go up to send deliveries from Starbucks like any good freelancer does.

Alas, I already have a couple of jamming transmitters. However, I haven’t dared test them to see if they can do cool things like knock drones out of the sky, as apparently, they are illegal now. (Apparently, they interfere with the smart power grid system.)

In any case, a sewer is no place for me. I did once live with homeless people in Budapest, though. That could be doable. They used to have apartments Jerry-rigged with stolen electricity. - You can’t get that in a Parisian sewer.

It’s interesting, however, that most people here seem not quite ready for a neuralink yet,

Indeed. Perhaps its because we are actually aware that we are already overdosing severely on screen time? And/or maybe its because we are acutely aware how important it is to switch off?

I have noticed how 99.999999% of my real-life friends and people I know are completely tech illiterate. They can use apps, but that is all they can do. I even have a theory that freelancers may inherit the Earth as economies sway more to automation and creative people become the only people with real commercial value in the world.

That is, of course, until the day AI can write your FB ad copy for you.

We have technology that can track our locations so why so many disappearances?

favicon.icoGaia
iStock-923623146-1.thumb.jpg.fd533f26adb8e7a30816d90338a5e9be.jpg

People Disappear in US National Parks; One Man Wants to Know Why

David Paulides has written his seventh book in the Missing 411 series, detailing bizarre disappearances of people throughout the United States. He has pinpointed 30 hotspots, many of which are located in national and state parks.

favicon.icoDezeen – 22 Jul 19 4ab0c442f4239910e769a975fac4d175db04de2b.jpeg

One woman I know said straight away she would have her son chipped so she always knows where he is

It’s like nobody has ever watched an episode of Black Mirror

We have technology that can track our locations so why so many disappearances?

favicon.icoGaia
30e4a998a2b93dc2f0cb6a266cd4521266bf238a.jpeg

People Disappear in US National Parks; One Man Wants to Know Why

David Paulides has written his seventh book in the Missing 411 series, detailing bizarre disappearances of people throughout the United States. He has pinpointed 30 hotspots, many of which are located in national and state parks.

I gather he didn’t pinpoint WiFi hotspots in case of national and state parks but used the term in its other meaning of Bermuda hotspots here. I know, it’s neither, but that’s irresistible 🙂

Still, interesting that only one man wants to know why, you’d think the people who are missing the missing people would want to know as well.

I gather he didn’t pinpoint WiFi hotspots in case of national and state parks but used the term in its other meaning of Bermuda hotspots here. I know, it’s neither, but that’s irresistible 🙂

Still, interesting that only one man wants to know why, you’d think the people who are missing the missing people would want to know as well.

Where I live, it is well known that people go missing. So well known, that you speak about it in whispers to only people you trust.

Sometimes people also get found and that is a whole other horror story. Being found at the bottom of cliffs without organs, being found naked in a well, being found crazy and then scaling the wall of a mental asylum bare handed never to be seen again… Living where I live gives you enough material to write more grotesque horror than a Stephen King Edgar Alan Poe love child.

The thing is, you have to wait for fresh horrors to be mentioned in passing bar whispers. Speak of them out loud, and you might never be seen again. At least, not until some old farmer goes to see why the well is blocked…

Archived