No Sales? Booming Economy?

steve_maxell

On seeing the current fiverr condition these days .I think fiverr should stop allowing new buyers to come in the field which is already much saturated.Only new highly classified peoples must be allowed with some exam or any thing must be taken before coming in this market place.Also the fiverr market is very imperfect market.New Sellers are coming and they are just selling the same thing which old seller is selling at a very low price.So their is no chance for the buyers to spend more money.Also the new sellers are copy pasting the things of the top sellers profiles and Gig Description which makes problem for the fiverr rating system to rank the buyers.Also if the fiverr will allow more professionals to work on their platform.It will increase the Trust of the buyers to buy the services from fiverr. Many sellers are nonprofessional their field is different they just take fiverr as a part time job.Which is making problems for the peoples which have spent many years on fiverr and not getting orders these days. What is your opinion peoples on this?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On seeing the current fiverr condition these days .I think fiverr should stop allowing new buyers to come in the field which is already much saturated.Only new highly classified peoples must be allowed with some exam or any thing must be taken before coming in this market place.Also the fiverr market is very imperfect market.New Sellers are coming and they are just selling the same thing which old seller is selling at a very low price.So their is no chance for the buyers to spend more money.Also the new sellers are copy pasting the things of the top sellers profiles and Gig Description which makes problem for the fiverr rating system to rank the buyers.Also if the fiverr will allow more professionals to work on their platform.It will increase the Trust of the buyers to buy the services from fiverr. Many sellers are nonprofessional their field is different they just take fiverr as a part time job.Which is making problems for the peoples which have spent many years on fiverr and not getting orders these days. What is your opinion peoples on this?

I think fiverr should stop allowing new buyers to come in the field which is already much saturated.

New buyers? Who’s going to buy then?

Also, you joined in December 2017, you’re newish yourself. And when you joined, you started offering whiteboard animations, like numerous sellers before you.

I think fiverr should stop allowing new buyers to come in the field which is already much saturated.

Also, you joined in December 2017, you’re newish yourself. And when you joined, you started offering whiteboard animations, like numerous sellers before you.

O sorry new sellers.

I agree but currently too much saturation in every field.

I agree but currently too much saturation in every field.

currently too much saturation in every field.

But how would ‘shutting the doors’ on new sellers be fair? Surely the only fair way to do what you’re suggesting would be to apply the tests/criteria to everyone, including established sellers? What if you didn’t pass whatever test Fiverr decided to put into place? Would you feel OK about being kicked off the site because of “too much saturation”?

I get what you’re saying about saturation, but that’s the whole point of a free market. The best sellers rise to the top, based on the power of people buying from them. If you’re not making sales any more because new sellers with no experience are coming along and taking your sales, it’s up to you to change what you do to adapt and overcome. There’s no point hoping that the system will change, use that energy to work out how you need to change.

New Sellers are coming and they are just selling the same thing which old seller is selling at a very low price.So their is no chance for the buyers to spend more money.

This is simply not true. Buyers will always have money, and there is always demand for people with better skills who charge more. We lose business every day to people who undercut us on price, and we don’t care about it, because we get buyers who are willing to spend a bit more for quality work instead.

You could have an awesome gig, with more reviews than all your competitors, and a better rating to, but if it’s on page 2, at the very bottom, how often are they going to find you?

Why does everyone seem to forget about marketing and promoting their own services? Every business has to do it, why do so many freelancers think the laws of business don’t apply to them? If you want more customers, it is wise to get out into the world and connect to the customers who need what you have to offer.

Why does everyone seem to forget about marketing and promoting their own services?

Its not practical, possible, or even sensible to market Fiverr gigs.

The Fiverr search algorithm is broken. This is easily observed when trying to use things like the best selling search filter. If you market yourself, you market your personal brand. With the search and a few other things as they are, all directing potential leads to Fiverr does is undermine the integrity of your brand.

You basically say to people “come to this store I work at. Just mind your head on the search which doesn’t really work and the watch out for my millions of competitors.”

In real terms, marketing also costs money. With this in mind, no one in their right mind is going to pay for an ad for a gig when Fiverr itself shows ads for your competitors on your own gig page. This just gives your competitors free marketing at your expense.

You also have the fact that lowly regular sellers are prohibited from mentioning personal blogs, etc on Fiverr. In this case, if you are to market your gigs and leads show interest, they hit a wall when trying to find out more about your brand and why they should buy from you. Conversely. people like some Pro sellers get free marketing from Fiverr just by sigining up, as Fiverr loves to name drop brands, youtube channels, etc.

All in all. marketing Fiverr sounds like a good idea. However, it is simply not practical.

https://forum.fiverr.com/t/need-your-serious-suggestions-on-my-view-point-on-fiverr/351966/7

You have already created a topic using this post.

“When starting a new discussion, please check that you aren’t duplicating an existing discussion thread or creating one that is very similar. These will be removed.”

The above is from the forum rules : Forum Rules + Do's and Dont's

Why does everyone seem to forget about marketing and promoting their own services?

The Fiverr search algorithm is broken. This is easily observed when trying to use things like the best selling search filter. If you market yourself, you market your personal brand. With the search and a few other things as they are, all directing potential leads to Fiverr does is undermine the integrity of your brand.

You basically say to people “come to this store I work at. Just mind your head on the search which doesn’t really work and the watch out for my millions of competitors.”

In real terms, marketing also costs money. With this in mind, no one in their right mind is going to pay for an ad for a gig when Fiverr itself shows ads for your competitors on your own gig page. This just gives your competitors free marketing at your expense.

You also have the fact that lowly regular sellers are prohibited from mentioning personal blogs, etc on Fiverr. In this case, if you are to market your gigs and leads show interest, they hit a wall when trying to find out more about your brand and why they should buy from you. Conversely. people like some Pro sellers get free marketing from Fiverr just by sigining up, as Fiverr loves to name drop brands, youtube channels, etc.

All in all. marketing Fiverr sounds like a good idea. However, it is simply not practical.

I’m just bad at advertising myself. Terrible, in fact. I never had to promote myself on fiverr and that was (and is) the biggest selling point for me. That and the fact that I’m good at working under severe time constraints. If I have to take a proactive approach at reaching my own audience, I’ll be doing that elsewhere (where they offer hourly contracts to people, for instance).

Then there is the fact that I work on bigger digital projects outside of fiverr and let’s just say, the price range is completely different while there is a certain overlap in services. And for your regular person who can’t see the difference it may raise a question of why it costs this much when it costs that much on fiverr. So this whole “share your gig on social media” doesn’t really work for me.

I’m just bad at advertising myself. Terrible, in fact. I never had to promote myself on fiverr and that was (and is) the biggest selling point for me. That and the fact that I’m good at working under severe time constraints. If I have to take a proactive approach at reaching my own audience, I’ll be doing that elsewhere (where they offer hourly contracts to people, for instance).

Then there is the fact that I work on bigger digital projects outside of fiverr and let’s just say, the price range is completely different while there is a certain overlap in services. And for your regular person who can’t see the difference it may raise a question of why it costs this much when it costs that much on fiverr. So this whole “share your gig on social media” doesn’t really work for me.

I’m just bad at advertising myself. Terrible, in fact.

Tell me about it. I just started marketing my new blog and pitched myself to an online magazine looking for regular contributors. 5-minutes later, an updated plugin turned my nicely polished website into an un-rendered mess screaming "DON’T HIRE ME, I’M A COMPLETE AMATEUR!"

Now I have lost a client I’d spent weeks planning my pitch to, and now have the mess of fixing my site to attend to.

I can honestly say that I hate WordPress more than I have ever hated anything in my entire life.

The only upside is that over time, setbacks can turn out to be a good thing if you learn how toi recover from them.

I’m just bad at advertising myself. Terrible, in fact.

Tell me about it. I just started marketing my new blog and pitched myself to an online magazine looking for regular contributors. 5-minutes later, an updated plugin turned my nicely polished website into an un-rendered mess screaming "DON’T HIRE ME, I’M A COMPLETE AMATEUR!"

Now I have lost a client I’d spent weeks planning my pitch to, and now have the mess of fixing my site to attend to.

I can honestly say that I hate WordPress more than I have ever hated anything in my entire life.

The only upside is that over time, setbacks can turn out to be a good thing if you learn how toi recover from them.

I’m in visual media, thankfully, so my selling strategy has always been getting my portfolio through the door and go: “Look at it but PLEASE don’t make me talk”. :))

Even writing a cover letter is such a torture to me. I get that this is a skill that can be developed but my life’s stressful as it is, why would I deliberately make myself uncomfortable if at this particular moment it’s not necessary.

I’m in visual media, thankfully, so my selling strategy has always been getting my portfolio through the door and go: “Look at it but PLEASE don’t make me talk”. :))

Even writing a cover letter is such a torture to me. I get that this is a skill that can be developed but my life’s stressful as it is, why would I deliberately make myself uncomfortable if at this particular moment it’s not necessary.

I think a lot of freelancers are not social butterfly’s, i’m not anyway.

We are not narcissistic or sociopathic enough in a malignant way.

The very tools that work good salesmanship.

I will add this though. When ever I advertised my Fiverr gigs on other social media, or the very places

that my clients hang out. After the ridicule from my fellow VO’s subsides and my skills are torn apart. My YouTube videos posted on these sites have the highest views!

I had a Patent once and I say it’s failure was due to poor self promotion. Had a fantastic product .

These days (although) afterwards I cringe. Banging away at Facebook and Twitter post will pay off eventually.

For me, every time I use paid promotions, especially on Facebook for any of my Fiverr gigs, it almost always seems like I pushed a button I shouldn’t have touched… Everything comes to a grinding halt.

Yikes , I don’t think paid ads work. Unless your advertising (mower repairs) locally.

Or you have a very good landing page

Any Fiverr advertising on Facebook usually results Facebook generating a generic Fiverr ad!!!

So now people with be sent straight to the search engine.

Yikes , I don’t think paid ads work. Unless your advertising (mower repairs) locally.

Or you have a very good landing page

Any Fiverr advertising on Facebook usually results Facebook generating a generic Fiverr ad!!!

So now people with be sent straight to the search engine.

😀 You tell me this, after two unsuccessful campaigns ?

The very tools that work good salesmanship.

I will add this though. When ever I advertised my Fiverr gigs on other social media, or the very places

that my clients hang out. After the ridicule from my fellow VO’s subsides and my skills are torn apart. My YouTube videos posted on these sites have the highest views!

I had a Patent once and I say it’s failure was due to poor self promotion. Had a fantastic product .

These days (although) afterwards I cringe. Banging away at Facebook and Twitter post will pay off eventually.

IDK. I tried coworking for a while. It was like attending narcissistic personality disorder anonymous meetings.

That said, I don’t use social media at all. Everyone I know who does seems about as self aware as my refrigerator. That’s cause enough for me to avoid it. However, there are other and often more effective ways to market yourself.

I bumped into someone I used to work with a few weeks ago. They asked if I had any social media accounts yet. I said no, but told them I had my own website. They work in the i-gaming industry in Malta and ended up passing a link to my site onto someone they work with. That person has since reached out to invite me to apply for a paid position with their firm.

I can’t take the job as I hate the human race and would likely spontaneously combust after an hour working in a conventional office. However, it is surprising how effective the right word in the right ear can be.

IDK. I tried coworking for a while. It was like attending narcissistic personality disorder anonymous meetings.

That said, I don’t use social media at all. Everyone I know who does seems about as self aware as my refrigerator. That’s cause enough for me to avoid it. However, there are other and often more effective ways to market yourself.

I bumped into someone I used to work with a few weeks ago. They asked if I had any social media accounts yet. I said no, but told them I had my own website. They work in the i-gaming industry in Malta and ended up passing a link to my site onto someone they work with. That person has since reached out to invite me to apply for a paid position with their firm.

I can’t take the job as I hate the human race and would likely spontaneously combust after an hour working in a conventional office. However, it is surprising how effective the right word in the right ear can be.

Yeah, it’s amazing how an ounce of confidence can create a gallon of followers in your direction.

Some people are like Haggis, you can only take little bites without throwing up …lol

But seriously, it’s always been “Not what you know, but who you know”.

Yeah, it’s amazing how an ounce of confidence can create a gallon of followers in your direction.

Some people are like Haggis, you can only take little bites without throwing up …lol

But seriously, it’s always been “Not what you know, but who you know”.

Less of the Haggis bashing please! I am a fan of Haggis. At least, the authentic kind.

I don’t think confidence is key to becoming a social media sensation. You have to be hugely self-obsessed. I’d also say you have to be more self aware than the masses.

i.e. People who follow celebrities and brands seem to genuinely believe they have a personal relationship with that brand or person. When you suggest that likes and updates they receive are strategically syndicated by teams of paid PR people, they get uncomfortable and in some cases, hostile. At least, that is my experience.

If you can exploit the ignorance of the masses and feel comfortable doing so, you can be a social media hit in no time. However, to do that, you need to also learn to walk the tightrope of cultural and political right-think. That would be far too stressful for me.

I actually love Haggis, look how visually appealing it is.

Fun fact. Haggis was originally made using the inner organs of deer. During the Highland Clearances the English declared all deer in Scotland the property of the royal family. Common Scots were, therefore, forced to only make Haggis out of sheep.

One day, I hope to see a revival of true Haggis. However, many Scots get upset when you suggest that the Haggis they already know and love is the product of the English flipping them the bird.

Anyway, I prefer my Haggis battered and fried. Your version looks a bit to posh for my liking. 😉

haggis-chips.jpg.478972e654d8ace7b32922076567b6be.jpg

Fun fact. Haggis was originally made using the inner organs of deer. During the Highland Clearances the English declared all deer in Scotland the property of the royal family. Common Scots were, therefore, forced to only make Haggis out of sheep.

One day, I hope to see a revival of true Haggis. However, many Scots get upset when you suggest that the Haggis they already know and love is the product of the English flipping them the bird.

Anyway, I prefer my Haggis battered and fried. Your version looks a bit to posh for my liking. 😉

haggis-chips

Interesting Wow that’s new , I bet that’s great. Unfortunately America has a dislike for little lambsters.

I now have to import English Stilton, Haggis, and Cadbury. America does not approve of how they are made. I was definitely brought up working class

You could have an awesome gig, with more reviews than all your competitors, and a better rating to, but if it’s on page 2, at the very bottom, how often are they going to find you?

Why does everyone seem to forget about marketing and promoting their own services? Every business has to do it, why do so many freelancers think the laws of business don’t apply to them? If you want more customers, it is wise to get out into the world and connect to the customers who need what you have to offer.

Because it’s expensive and unreliable. Besides, why do I need Fiverr if you want me to find out my own clients by marketing?

When I drive for Uber, I hand out business cards, those cards don’t mention Fiverr. If I’m spending money on gas, why should I give Fiverr 20%? I prefer Fiverr to earn money when they bring me clients.

Besides, Facebook rejected by ads for my Fiverr gigs, same issue with LinkedIn. Maybe I need landing page or something like that.

Archived