My top selling gig was removed!

Fiverr deleted my top selling gig “Clone Copy Duplicate Website”. For the love of god, I cannot understand why. CS just gives vague answers about breaking 3rd party ToS, “Our Trust & Safety denied your Gig because is violating the Terms of Service agreement of a third party company”.

I could not find the recent version of my gig, but google had it cached so I took a screenshot, can anyone please tell me what went wrong? I have not used any copyrighted text, image or brand names. How’s this even possible?

698840754_screnshotedited.thumb.png.0bb265b4db7bbe46e5ab4282fe523be2.png
  • Like 9
  • Sad 1

Perhaps Fiverr views cloning a website to be a gray area in terms of legality. After all, cloning a website does make an exact copy of an existing website, and there can be legal issues with such activities. Or, perhaps, because it was listed as a 3rd party violation, could it be that you are using software that you do not own?

• Like 12

Fiverr deleted my top selling gig “Clone Copy Duplicate Website”. For the love of god, I cannot understand why. CS just gives vague answers about breaking 3rd party ToS, “Our Trust & Safety denied your Gig because is violating the Terms of Service agreement of a third party company”.

I could not find the recent version of my gig, but google had it cached so I took a screenshot, can anyone please tell me what went wrong? I have not used any copyrighted text, image or brand names. How’s this even possible?

Fiverr deleted my top selling gig “Clone Copy Duplicate Website”

It looks like it only has one review so I guess it’s a good thing they shut it down early on. Cloning a site that someone else designed, paid for and made is definitely a gray area so I can see where Fiverr is coming from

• Like 12

Fiverr deleted my top selling gig “Clone Copy Duplicate Website”

It looks like it only has one review so I guess it’s a good thing they shut it down early on. Cloning a site that someone else designed, paid for and made is definitely a gray area so I can see where Fiverr is coming from

It’s from some days back. I took the screenshot from Google’s cache. By the time it was delete I had over 7 reviews.

• Like 8

I don’t have a problem if Fiverr thinks cloning is illegal and it’s breaking their terms and deletes my gig. I wanna know who this “3rd party” is and how they know for sure that I violated their copyright terms? My gig doesn’t say “I will clone x company’s website”.

• Like 8

Clone per se is wrong and that’s why your gig is removed but this terms is also used for backing up the site (which i didn’t know) then it’s best to use “clone websites like backing up” in your gig title so fiverr don’t remove it in future.

I can show you at least 100 gigs which are providing the same service and are still live. I think some competitor flagged my gig.

• Like 8

I don’t have a problem if Fiverr thinks cloning is illegal and it’s breaking their terms and deletes my gig. I wanna know who this “3rd party” is and how they know for sure that I violated their copyright terms? My gig doesn’t say “I will clone x company’s website”.

I wanna know who this “3rd party” is and how they know for sure that I violated their copyright terms?

You will likely never know, as Fiverr does not share indentifying information related to TOS violations.

• Like 9

• 4 years later...

After reading all of your comments and suggestions, I wanna ask how you see it when you search for "clone WordPress website" and see a few gigs with "fiverr choice" badge? If its that illegal, then why does the Fiverr editorial board select such a gig which goes against Fiverr TOS?

• Like 10

On 7/18/2019 at 10:58 AM, jonbaas said:

Perhaps Fiverr views cloning a website to be a gray area in terms of legality. After all, cloning a website does make an exact copy of an existing website, and there can be legal issues with such activities. Or, perhaps, because it was listed as a 3rd party violation, could it be that you are using software that you do not own?

I agree with this. May be this the reason.

• Like 8