How to get a secure WordPress site?

oinspire

Fiverr is a great place to get new site with an affordable price. There are many good quality service and new service provider are also listing there services.

For buyer looking for a complete new website in WordPress are happy to get these services. But few things are really important before you buying any service. I think most important thing after getting your site is security. All your site reputation can be ruined if site hacked.

As a WordPress site security service provider i felt to share my idea.

Few common problem for site hacked:

• Old version of WordPress

• Plugin not updated

• Weak password

• Theme from unauthentic source

Here i am going to talk about theme from unauthentic source only as you can update other thing very easily.
When you select a service perhaps sellers is providing you the theme also if you already have not the theme. If you buy a theme from original source or select a theme from WordPress free theme collection that is fine.

But if seller provide you the theme ask them how they get the theme. If theme is downloaded from unauthentic source most probably you are getting malware affected files on your server.

So ask seller from where they are providing the theme?
If they can ensure theme is clean?
The theme will work with latest version of WordPress?
Will they ensure security for your site?
What will they do to ensure if your site is safe?

• 2 months later...

Hello,I need a website done i have Fiverr budget only 🙂 Your advise above is superb! i just try to make sure i choose the right seller some sellers when i ask for sample of what they have done sending me websites that they did not create yet they have good reviews and lots of customers and they only send me one or 2 websites wel if one have so many good review and customer that funny no? why not send what they have done but someone-else ? so how they get the good reviews? also if i need a pay pal i dont want someone to be able to get in to my account so is it a way to have a link in the end that i can input pay pal myself ? also is it any idea how to change password and so on when i recite the site ? not sure what to do? Did anyone ever done website on fiverr if yes let me know . thanks

Hello,I need a website done i have Fiverr budget only 🙂 Your advise above is superb! i just try to make sure i choose the right seller some sellers when i ask for sample of what they have done sending me websites that they did not create yet they have good reviews and lots of customers and they only send me one or 2 websites wel if one have so many good review and customer that funny no? why not send what they have done but someone-else ? so how they get the good reviews? also if i need a pay pal i dont want someone to be able to get in to my account so is it a way to have a link in the end that i can input pay pal myself ? also is it any idea how to change password and so on when i recite the site ? not sure what to do? Did anyone ever done website on fiverr if yes let me know . thanks

Hi, All the review under same seller is not same work. It may be a custom offer for a single page only. So you can not be sure how many website that seller made seeing the number of review. But if a seller have really a good number of review hopefully they can do a WordPress site easily. Yet their are different type of website.

Managing WordPress is fairly simple. You need spend some time to understand. If some one can use Facebook can use a WordPress site also 🙂

• 2 years later...

In this modern era, a website is one of the sources of sharing information to the next level or the whole world. Now, you can increase your business with the help of a website and can spread it to the whole world. Now, your business is not just limited to a specific area. With the help of websites, you can show your increase in your business, show your portfolio or skills, upload your content and many more…

Here are some of the types of websites:

1- Portfolio Websites:

It is the type of website in which you can skills or work to the whole world in the form of a portfolio and thus can increase your work level or can generate more revenue from your skills.

2- E-commerce Websites:

Now, you can extend your business to the whole world with the help of E-commerce websites. With the help of this website, you sell your products or services to the world and can generate revenue from your website. If you want to increase your business or want to earn more money, then an E-commerce Website is the best choice for your business.

3- Wiki Websites:

In this type of website in many people can collaboratively work on a modification of a single content. Simply, content can be written or modified by the people. ‘Wikipedia’ is the type of Wiki website.

4- Blog Websites:

It is the type of website in which you can share your information or personal experience with the people in the form of posts.

5- Portal Websites:

The websites in which you upload content in the form of videos, images or anything else as an Administrator and the users can see that content after login to their account.

Many other websites are Business Websites , Entertainment Websites , Media Websites , Brochure Websites , and Nonprofit Websites .

How to order the best website in Fiverr?

Fiverr is an online marketplace; you can order a website by following methods.

1- You can make an offer of your order by entering the budget amount, description of your website.

2- You can search your topic by typing the topic of your website in a search bar.

• 3 months later...

Dear customers! If you don’t know which type of site is best for you, consult with the seller before ordering. As an experienced web developer, I can say that discussing a buyer with a seller is one of the main parts of a successful project completion. The main task of the client is to clearly describe the essence and details of the project. But that’s my personal opinion. If you still have questions, write them and we will discuss.

I agree with Oleg. Just a few things to ask before building a website are:

• Why do I need a website?
  • What are the goals for the site?
  • How those goals can be achieved with the website?
  • Can I describe my need for the consultant / developer clear enough so they can build a great website for my needs?
  • Do I have enough budget to make a great website or shall I just order a ready made template?
  • Do I have enough time to make great content or shall I buy content also?
  • Do I have enough time to look at the analytics and see if my goals / sales from the site are met or do I buy that part as a service…

And the more complex needs, this list keeps on growing 😉

• 1 year later...

Archived