Buyers are getting worse than ever

raninerehim

Last week I had to work with 2 annoying buyers consecutively, the first one asked me to translate him his website content and I did my best to do so, the other one requested me to translate about more than 6000 words and that is also okay, unfortunately I fell sick for a few days and I did no progress in the work.

I actually contacted both of them saying that I have health issues and that I would be a little bit late, I also requested extra delivery time so I could deliver the work properly.

One of them accepted the extra time, and the other one kept on LITERALLY fighting with me that he doesn’t care if I am sick or not and that he needs his work in time, and that he can give me just 1 or 2 extra hours, I requested him to cancel the order as I won’t be able to fulfill his request, he refused and insisted on delivering in time, I contacted fiverr CC and told them about what happened, they told me that he is still giving me a chance to complete my work and I should think about it…

Unfortunately and for the first time ever, I couldn’t deliver the work and he cancelled it after 2 days of being late, which means that he already had time and was not in a rush as he said, and of course he gave me a 1 star rating saying that I failed to deliver in time.

The other one already had a problem with the pricing, he wanted to translate about 30 pages and proofread the original text with not lots of money, I didn’t even give him the same pricing I usually request concerning such types of documents, and I asked him to revise the work after that I deliver and tell me if he needs any further modification, OF COURSE he did not, and he gave me a 2.3 Stars rating saying that I don’t know how to translate and that google translate would even do a better work than this…
I am not mocking anyone, but for god sake ! He wrote the review in very bad english, so how could he even dothe revision of the translated document and say it’s not a quality work while he didn’t even write 2 clear sentences?!

We as sellers need Fiverr’s help concerning the way of working, first of all why don’t they add us a new way of working which is the hourly rate, I mean working for 5$ per hour for example, with an application that we could install on our computers to count time ? this will guarantee more rights to us and protect us from such annoying buyers who act like they own you with their 5 or 10$ ?

And also, Fiverr needs to bring us back the old system of seeing the buyer’s review before we sellers add ours, because with this way buyers gain more power to destroy our ratings without us doing anything about it…

Also buyers need to stop dealing with sellers like if they were robots who cannot get sick or have any issues that could prevent them from working or even like people who don’t have lives !
Seriously, something has to be done about this, I am so upset and I am thinking about leaving Fiverr forever because my ratings are destroyed because of these 2 buyers…

Last week I had to work with 2 annoying buyers consecutively, the first one asked me to translate him his website content and I did my best to do so, the other one requested me to translate about more than 6000 words and that is also okay, unfortunately I fell sick for a few days and I did no progress in the work.

I actually contacted both of them saying that I have health issues and that I would be a little bit late, I also requested extra delivery time so I could deliver the work properly.

One of them accepted the extra time, and the other one kept on LITERALLY fighting with me that he doesn’t care if I am sick or not and that he needs his work in time, and that he can give me just 1 or 2 extra hours, I requested him to cancel the order as I won’t be able to fulfill his request, he refused and insisted on delivering in time, I contacted fiverr CC and told them about what happened, they told me that he is still giving me a chance to complete my work and I should think about it…

Unfortunately and for the first time ever, I couldn’t deliver the work and he cancelled it after 2 days of being late, which means that he already had time and was not in a rush as he said, and of course he gave me a 1 star rating saying that I failed to deliver in time.

The other one already had a problem with the pricing, he wanted to translate about 30 pages and proofread the original text with not lots of money, I didn’t even give him the same pricing I usually request concerning such types of documents, and I asked him to revise the work after that I deliver and tell me if he needs any further modification, OF COURSE he did not, and he gave me a 2.3 Stars rating saying that I don’t know how to translate and that google translate would even do a better work than this…

I am not mocking anyone, but for god sake ! He wrote the review in very bad english, so how could he even dothe revision of the translated document and say it’s not a quality work while he didn’t even write 2 clear sentences?!

We as sellers need Fiverr’s help concerning the way of working, first of all why don’t they add us a new way of working which is the hourly rate, I mean working for 5$ per hour for example, with an application that we could install on our computers to count time ? this will guarantee more rights to us and protect us from such annoying buyers who act like they own you with their 5 or 10$ ?

And also, Fiverr needs to bring us back the old system of seeing the buyer’s review before we sellers add ours, because with this way buyers gain more power to destroy our ratings without us doing anything about it…

Also buyers need to stop dealing with sellers like if they were robots who cannot get sick or have any issues that could prevent them from working or even like people who don’t have lives !

Seriously, something has to be done about this, I am so upset and I am thinking about leaving Fiverr forever because my ratings are destroyed because of these 2 buyers…

I contacted fiverr CC and told them about what happened, they told me that he is still giving me a chance to complete my work and I should think about it…

In my opinion, when the buyer refused to cancel the order, you should have contacted CS and asked them to cancel the order (instead of just telling them what had happened). Fiverr CS can ALWAYS cancel the order for you if the buyer refuses to cancel it. 🙂

he gave me a 1 star rating saying that I failed to deliver in time.

This is Fiverr’s doing, not your buyer’s. From the wording of the review, it looks like it was not the buyer who posted that review. As soon as one of your orders gets late, Fiverr gives you an automated 1-star review if the buyer decides to cancel the order afterward. 😿

Would you like to explain how bringing the old system back would remove this advantage your buyers supposedly seem to be having right now? :thinking:

Even with the current review system, you can still respond to the buyer’s review and do EVERYTHING about it (just like the old system). You can still respond to the buyer’s review and let your prospective buyers know what’s up. Nothing has changed with regards to this. 🙂

Seriously, something has to be done about this

I absolutely agree. Buyers need to have more compassion for their sellers in case they have an emergency or are unable to deliver in time due to legitimate reasons such as sickness, etc.

However, unfortunately, I don’t think Fiverr can enforce this on all their buyers.

I am so upset and I am thinking about leaving Fiverr forever because my ratings are destroyed because of these 2 buyers…

As long as a vast majority of your reviews are positive, I don’t think a temporary drop in your ratings is going to affect your sales very much. As long as you continue to deliver quality products/services to your customers, they will keep purchasing from you regardless.

Besides, the recent negative reviews will only be taken into consideration for the next 2 monthly appraisals.

Your negative reviews will soon be buried under many 5-star reviews. No worries. 😊

Good luck!

add us a new way of working which is the hourly rate,

I ghostwrite hip-hop lyrics so getting paid per hour wouldn’t really work for me. I could write a verse in 2 hours or 2 days off and on. I don’t work well under time constraints, i like to work when i feel like working. I have a full time job that pays me by the hour which is fine but as a freelancer i like to move at my own pace.

• 1 month later...

I contacted fiverr CC and told them about what happened, they told me that he is still giving me a chance to complete my work and I should think about it…

In my opinion, when the buyer refused to cancel the order, you should have contacted CS and asked them to cancel the order (instead of just telling them what had happened). Fiverr CS can ALWAYS cancel the order for you if the buyer refuses to cancel it. 🙂

he gave me a 1 star rating saying that I failed to deliver in time.

This is Fiverr’s doing, not your buyer’s. From the wording of the review, it looks like it was not the buyer who posted that review. As soon as one of your orders gets late, Fiverr gives you an automated 1-star review if the buyer decides to cancel the order afterward. 😿

Would you like to explain how bringing the old system back would remove this advantage your buyers supposedly seem to be having right now? :thinking:

Even with the current review system, you can still respond to the buyer’s review and do EVERYTHING about it (just like the old system). You can still respond to the buyer’s review and let your prospective buyers know what’s up. Nothing has changed with regards to this. 🙂

Seriously, something has to be done about this

I absolutely agree. Buyers need to have more compassion for their sellers in case they have an emergency or are unable to deliver in time due to legitimate reasons such as sickness, etc.

However, unfortunately, I don’t think Fiverr can enforce this on all their buyers.

I am so upset and I am thinking about leaving Fiverr forever because my ratings are destroyed because of these 2 buyers…

As long as a vast majority of your reviews are positive, I don’t think a temporary drop in your ratings is going to affect your sales very much. As long as you continue to deliver quality products/services to your customers, they will keep purchasing from you regardless.

Besides, the recent negative reviews will only be taken into consideration for the next 2 monthly appraisals.

Your negative reviews will soon be buried under many 5-star reviews. No worries. 😊

Good luck!

I already contacted the customer service, and the one who was dealing with my case did nothing and kept on saying the buyer gave you a delay, you should decide what you gonna do, and since I didn’t find that helpful, when they asked me to rate his response, I rated it honestly that it wasn’t helpful.

the old rating system I am talking about is concerning the mobile app, we used to see the buyer’s rating before we rate them too, now this doesn’t happen.

Thank you so much for your encouragement, I really appreciate that a lot ! 💓

add us a new way of working which is the hourly rate,

I ghostwrite hip-hop lyrics so getting paid per hour wouldn’t really work for me. I could write a verse in 2 hours or 2 days off and on. I don’t work well under time constraints, i like to work when i feel like working. I have a full time job that pays me by the hour which is fine but as a freelancer i like to move at my own pace.

I meant keeping the same system and adding the hourly rate system next to it for jobs who can work with that, because of course some works like yours can’t go with the hourly rate thing.

• 3 weeks later...

One of them accepted the extra time, and the other one kept on LITERALLY fighting with me that he doesn’t care if I am sick or not and that he needs his work in time,

I don’t know the culture of your buyer, but this expectation certainly isn’t unusual by US standards. I do not understand why the buyer must cancel the order when the seller was unable to fulfill the initial agreement. The seller has no obligation to give you an acceptable reason why they need you to meet the deadline to which you were committed.

first of all why don’t they add us a new way of working which is the hourly rate, I mean working for 5$ per hour for example, with an application that we could install on our computers to count time ?

Hourly rates are a disincentive for sellers to work fast and efficiently and the end product would ultimately cost buyers more. This is besides the obvious inability to have a mechanism to honestly record labor hours.

protect us from such annoying buyers who act like they own you with their 5 or 10$ ?

If you equate the expectation of fulfilling the job you to which you committed as “acting as though they own you”, it would suggest that you are in the wrong line of work.

Archived