Game on! Introducing Fiverr’s new Gaming Store

editorial_video

Hey all!

Over the past year, we’ve seen a significant increase in game-related purchases and Gig registrations. Gaming is on the rise, and so is the need for talented people to service the industry, so we’ve launched our first-ever industry store for Gaming to provide services from skilled developers, designers, and more.

We’re thrilled to share with you our new Gaming store

Fiverr_Gaming_Store3.thumb.jpg.23b2e5e2c88f4a0ad679141a6faa5a38.jpg

Categories include:

• Game Development
  • QA
  • Character Modeling
  • Storyboards
  • Game Design
  • Character Animation
  • Game Writing
  • Game Trailers
  • Producers and Composers
  • Graphics for Streamers
  • Animation for Streamers
  • Video Editing

With the right exposure and platform, we’ll be able to help launch independent creatives and developers into an industry that is primarily dominated by larger corporations and franchises. Fiverr’s Gaming Store also gives virtually anyone with a video game idea the opportunity to bring their vision to life.

Whether you’re building your own video game or looking to revamp the branding for your stream — Fiverr’s Gaming Store has what you need to take it to the next level.

Game on!

Given the sometimes “juvenile” nature (not a diss) of gamers and the gaming community, the humor and love of the politically incorrect - are there any precautions being taken in terms of taking orders from clients in that field?
I am thinking about the Fiverr V/O seller who was famous in the Gaming world but lost his Fiverr account last year after a long-time running joke in the gaming community was misunderstood to be fraudulent activity. I’d hate to think the same could happen to others if they were to be unaware.

Given the sometimes “juvenile” nature (not a diss) of gamers and the gaming community, the humor and love of the politically incorrect - are there any precautions being taken in terms of taking orders from clients in that field?

I am thinking about the Fiverr V/O seller who was famous in the Gaming world but lost his Fiverr account last year after a long-time running joke in the gaming community was misunderstood to be fraudulent activity. I’d hate to think the same could happen to others if they were to be unaware.

Great point there, there have been a few infamous cases related to gaming / streamers that were handled just… ackwardly …

I do applaud this move despite my reservations - the gaming industry has overtaken Hollywood in terms of turnover (approx $135bn) so it is a big fish to target.
I had the pleasure of working with a number in this industry including a gaming university which really opened my eyes in terms of just how much potential is there. I even remember making a comment on a now removed thread (about the banned user voiceoverpete) suggesting that Fiverr should be encouraging and targeting this industry rather than misunderstanding and “punishing” it.
However, for sellers who want to push into it, there needs to be a clear safety net due to the potential content. I note that many of the types of services which are being highlighted in the new category are those which could be most at risk. If Fiverr could come out and specify some sort of safety net or method of engaging with sellers over questionable content rather than the ban now, don’t ask questions later method that affected great sellers then I would be a lot more comfortable about this development. But as it is, I can’t see myself engaging specifically with the industry (at least not through Fiverr), which is a shame.

As a game developer, I am happy to see the new gaming part of the website.
However, there are some problems with the terminology.
I am a game designer, so that means my domain is game mechanics, level design, game economics and balance, puzzle design etc.
It’s not the visual design (3d modeling, concept art, and all that good stuff).
But on the site the category GAME DESIGN is not actually about game design, it’s about visual design.
And there is no game design category.

Archived