Buyer threatening me to leave negative review and asking for a refund

leoreh

Oh I see what you mean. I still think it’s not acceptable to turn in a report like that. I expect that someone who writes reports for a fee would be a decent writer.

I expect that someone who writes reports for a fee would be a decent writer.

I’d prefer that, too, but since research and analysis are primary, if someone was an excellent researcher and a brilliant analyst (unlikely in this case, considering her negative reviews), I’d be willing to accept bad English, as long as I can understand what’s written and use it to improve my business.

Also, I’m not sure how can anyone who has taken the time to read her market research gig description (if I was buying a gig with the minimum price of $100, I’d definitely read the description carefully) expect the report to be written in good English. Take a look, and you’ll see what I mean. You won’t even have to read the whole description.

I expect that someone who writes reports for a fee would be a decent writer.

I’d prefer that, too, but since research and analysis are primary, if someone was an excellent researcher and a brilliant analyst (unlikely in this case, considering her negative reviews), I’d be willing to accept bad English, as long as I can understand what’s written and use it to improve my business.

Also, I’m not sure how can anyone who has taken the time to read her market research gig description (if I was buying a gig with the minimum price of $100, I’d definitely read the description carefully) expect the report to be written in good English. Take a look, and you’ll see what I mean. You won’t even have to read the whole description.

I would look but I have seen enough already. And I don’t see how it’s possible to be a brilliant researcher, which involves reading quantities of other people’s reports and writings for a long time, and not be able to write.

Oh I see what you mean. I still think it’s not acceptable to turn in a report like that. I expect that someone who writes reports for a fee would be a decent writer.

I’m not a content writer. I’m doing research and analysis. Buyer didn’t require plagiarism free report. I’ve done 300+ research project. I didn’t receive any complaints about grammar.

I’m improving everyday. Learning has no limit.

Considering that your writing is riddled with grammatical errors, in my opinion you should give him a refund. He is owed one.

Your first paragraph has more then fourteen spelling and grammatical errors. I would call your use of English mangled.

@misscrystal you can call anything. It’s up to you. Right now I’m in a hospital. There is a medical emergency. My mom had a surgery. So can’t attend you. I wasn’t good enough prepared to write. But I’ve written for help.

I’m not a content writer. I’m doing research and analysis. Buyer didn’t require plagiarism free report. I’ve done 300+ research project. I didn’t receive any complaints about grammar.

I’m improving everyday. Learning has no limit.

Buyer didn’t require plagiarism free report.

Do you mean that you have plagiarized content? It’s illegal, or at the very least, highly unethical.

I didn’t receive any complaints about grammar.

Then how come

he come up with grammatical mistakes.

?

Also, I see in your old reviews:

“He submitted BLANK document when it was the deadline for delivery so he can trick the system and avoid being penalized. He then submitted a very bad work with weak English language.”

"Completely missed the brief, even after an explanation for a revision. I do not believe​ they understand English​ enough to provide professional services. "

It looks like others have complained about bad English, too, though the majority of complaints were about the poor quality of service.

And I don’t see how it’s possible to be a brilliant researcher, which involves reading quantities of other people’s reports and writings for a long time, and not be able to write.

It’s possible if most of the reading wasn’t in English. 🙂 Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that the OP is a brilliant researcher; her negative reviews state otherwise. Frankly, if I’ve read that many detailed negative reviews, I’d choose to buy from someone else.

EDIT: @leoreh, sorry to hear about your mother! I hope she recovers soon!

Did she promise a report without grammatical errors, though?

Would you be upset if you hired someone to write a report and the report was totally mangled English to the point it was unusable? That’s probably what the buyer got.

We aren’t talking about a missed comma here and there.

We are talking about a horror. This writer doesn’t even know to capitalize the pronoun “I”.

@misscrystal I’ve signed NDA that’s why I’m not sharing.

My team checked it twice. After Individual check & software check I’ve decided to deliver.

Sometimes we need to make copy -aste from article , business directory and websites to show data & statistics.

Even grammatical errors exist on those reports. I had rare complain about grammar. It’s important for unique report. Otherwise it’s acceptable I think.

Do you mean that you have plagiarized content? It’s illegal, or at the very least, highly unethical.

Then how come

?

“He submitted BLANK document when it was the deadline for delivery so he can trick the system and avoid being penalized. He then submitted a very bad work with weak English language.”

"Completely missed the brief, even after an explanation for a revision. I do not believe​ they understand English​ enough to provide professional services. "

It looks like others have complained about bad English, too, though the majority of complaints were about the poor quality of service.

And I don’t see how it’s possible to be a brilliant researcher, which involves reading quantities of other people’s reports and writings for a long time, and not be able to write.

It’s possible if most of the reading wasn’t in English. 🙂 Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying that the OP is a brilliant researcher; her negative reviews state otherwise. Frankly, if I’ve read that many detailed negative reviews, I’d choose to buy from someone else.

That was early stage of my career. I wasn’t aware about the blank delivery then. I tried to avoid late. But then I’ve learned it’s illegal. After that I never repeated that again. I’ve received a warning

Did she promise a report without grammatical errors, though?

Would you be upset if you hired someone to write a report and the report was totally mangled English to the point it was unusable? That’s probably what the buyer got.

We aren’t talking about a missed comma here and there.

We are talking about a horror. This writer doesn’t even know to capitalize the pronoun “I”.

I’m not a content writer. I’m researcher. My job is not like a writer. I think you got me wrong. I’m writting reply on Forum not a novel. I don’t think that i need to check pronunciations to write a simple reply. I’ve my team to look after my projects.

Then how come

?

@catwriter In research work I need to collect data from web. It’s not like plagiarism. I’m not a content writer. Research and analysis are my jobs. I got a professional team to check everything. They are collaborating with me.

I’m here for your help. I’d be happy to know your experience.

Thanks for your help. I’ve learned a lot about Fiverr TOS from support and various articles.

Two years ago the environment wasn’t like this. I’m experiencing more.

Thanks for your message about my mom

@catwriter In research work I need to collect data from web. It’s not like plagiarism. I’m not a content writer. Research and analysis are my jobs. I got a professional team to check everything. They are collaborating with me.

Thanks for your help. I’ve learned a lot about Fiverr TOS from support and various articles.

Since you wanted opinions on what to do I suggest giving him a refund. Sorry for my comments but I stand behind them.

It’s up to you, really. If you’re sure you did a good job, don’t accept the cancellation, just keep in mind that you could get another negative feedback, and that the buyer could pull a chargeback after that, too. I’m not sure whether CS would reimburse you after that or not.

It’s up to you, really. If you’re sure you did a good job, don’t accept the cancellation, just keep in mind that you could get another negative feedback, and that the buyer could pull a chargeback after that, too. I’m not sure whether CS would reimburse you after that or not.

Okay. I’ll relay on CS suggestions. Thanks for your help & support.

There are plenty of great reviews I see so maybe this was not the usual type of report. To be fair, it’s possible that a refund is not needed so I would have to see the delivery to really judge it.

@misscrystal I’ve signed NDA. That’s why I can’t show you. Buy the way I got the best suggestion from CS. It’s resolved now. Thanks.

@misscrystal I’ve signed NDA. That’s why I can’t show you. Buy the way I got the best suggestion from CS. It’s resolved now. Thanks.

Buy the way I got the best suggestion from CS. It’s resolved now.

Can you please share what CS suggested and how it was resolved? It might help other sellers in your situation.

I found she got lots of awesome reviews. Among 287, it is quite natural getting a few negative reviews.
I don’t thing she should refund after completing such a massive work.
If there mistakes, buyer have rights to request revisions until they get the perfect work.

So, contacting CS was a great decision.

Thanks all.

Archived