Buyer threatening me to leave negative review and asking for a refund

leoreh

I’ve provided a 56-page report on Cancer Detection Apps. It was a competitor analysis. During the first revision, he asked for more screenshot
I’d worked on google docs according to his requirements. I’d done everything according to his requirements. Then he came up with grammatical mistakes. He said that he changed 56 pages’ grammatical error. After checking, I found nothing in the previous history of google docs. He did nothing. Then I provided a screenshot with proof that he did nothing. He said that he hired another one to check. He informed me that he majors in English. I asked, “If you major in English why you hired someone else to check?”

His profile is the older one. There has no seller review exists in his profile. Can you please suggest what will be best for me? Refund him or get the negative? Can anyone share the experience of how Fiverr TOS reacted on such issues where buyer threaten a seller to refund?

I’m totally confident about the grammar. I’ve checked with individually and grammerly software. Everything was fine. Buyer told me that he went through all 56 pages and changes a lot but when I’ve checked the previous history of google docs I found that he did nothing on that. I don’t know how CS react on such issue.

Never refund on projects you completed the work for. Take a screenshot of them threatening you and send it to CS if it gets out of hand.

In case he provide negative is there any option to remove that by CS i i can show them proof|? Please help

In case he provide negative is there any option to remove that by CS i i can show them proof|? Please help

No never ask CS or buyer to remove negative feedback, it will likely get you banned. You can send them a screenshot of the buyer threatening to leave you negative feedback if you don’t refund his money. That falls under bullying and shouldn’t be tolerated.

Hi,

I have come across a similar situation before. The best way is to keep all the proves and you should take screenshots of everything i.e. his messages and your replies. And present everything to CS. You should contact CS as soon as possible. I can assure you that if you are on the right side the CS will definitely help you. In my case, CS helped me a lot and I got a very good resolution from them.

No never ask CS or buyer to remove negative feedback, it will likely get you banned. You can send them a screenshot of the buyer threatening to leave you negative feedback if you don’t refund his money. That falls under bullying and shouldn’t be tolerated.

Thanks It was a vital info. Thanks a lot.

Thanks It was a vital info. Thanks a lot.

Buyer started the issue like this: “I am very upset with this project and I have do go through every 50+ pages and correct tons of grimmer etc. And it is late to deliver to my client. I think it is best to not charge me for this project to avoid having to leave a review of my experience.”

He didn’t mention negative review directly. But It means negative. Will CS accept this?

Hi,

I have come across a similar situation before. The best way is to keep all the proves and you should take screenshots of everything i.e. his messages and your replies. And present everything to CS. You should contact CS as soon as possible. I can assure you that if you are on the right side the CS will definitely help you. In my case, CS helped me a lot and I got a very good resolution from them.

Hi @rupa16 !!!

How to present a case to CS? Would you please explain?

Did you deliver your order before the deadline? Your buyer saying that it was late.

It looks like he was just going to resell your work and he missed the deadline with his client and now trying to get free work from you.

Personally I would’ve never accept cancellation especially after you did all the work but also if you have a new profile negative review might hurt you where I don’t really care about that and you can always write your reply and your side of the story under his review.

To be honest I would’ve replied something like this:
“Unfortunately there is no logs and proofs of any changes that you implying you made on google docs and i delivered it within our order timeline and in this case order is not eligible for a refund as everything was delivered as promised. If you think there are grammar mistakes you can point them out and ask for a revision.

Please also note that threatening and blackmailing with cancellation or bad review is not allowed on fiverr and against fiverr tos.”

And after that I would’ve immediately report that guy to CS. He might not have any reviews on his profile because he is pushing sellers to refunds and getting his work for free.

Did you deliver your order before the deadline? Your buyer saying that it was late.

It looks like he was just going to resell your work and he missed the deadline with his client and now trying to get free work from you.

Personally I would’ve never accept cancellation especially after you did all the work but also if you have a new profile negative review might hurt you where I don’t really care about that and you can always write your reply and your side of the story under his review.

“Unfortunately there is no logs and proofs of any changes that you implying you made on google docs and i delivered it within our order timeline and in this case order is not eligible for a refund as everything was delivered as promised. If you think there are grammar mistakes you can point them out and ask for a revision.

Please also note that threatening and blackmailing with cancellation or bad review is not allowed on fiverr and against fiverr tos.”

And after that I would’ve immediately report that guy to CS. He might not have any reviews on his profile because he is pushing sellers to refunds and getting his work for free.

Well I’ve delivered before deadline. He have no review on his buyer profile. He joined fiverr in 2012 but there is no review on his profile.

Well I’ve reported CS already. Let’s hope nothing wrong

@mariashtelle1 Thanks for your brief reply. It helps. I’m confident enough that I’ve provided fair.

I’m totally confident about the grammar. I’ve checked with individually and grammerly software. Everything was fine. Buyer told me that he went through all 56 pages and changes a lot but when I’ve checked the previous history of google docs I found that he did nothing on that. I don’t know how CS react on such issue.

I’ve checked with individually and grammerly software.

It’s Grammarly, not grammerly.

Your posts do have other mistakes, too, and software like Grammarly can never catch them all.

I see that there are other buyers who complained about bad English.

Then again, your gig description is full of mistakes, and you never promise that delivery will be written in perfect English, so I’m not sure why someone would complain about grammar mistakes when it’s obvious that they can expect them.

There are three grammar errors in this statement. And they are big glaring obvious ones. Additionally, there is one small one.

You are not able to check your own writing for errors, as you don’t recognize them. Everything here you have written would need to be completely rewritten.

Considering that your writing is riddled with grammatical errors, in my opinion you should give him a refund. He is owed one.

Your first paragraph has more then fourteen spelling and grammatical errors. I would call your use of English mangled.

Considering that your writing is riddled with grammatical errors, in my opinion you should give him a refund. He is owed one.

Did she promise a report without grammatical errors, though? It’s not my area of expertise so I don’t know what is required, exactly, but is it really important for a competitor analysis to be error-free when it comes to grammar, as long as the analysis is understandable and provides correct and thorough information?

Did she promise a report without grammatical errors, though? It’s not my area of expertise so I don’t know what is required, exactly, but is it really important for a competitor analysis to be error-free when it comes to grammar, as long as the analysis is understandable and provides correct and thorough information?

Did she promise a report without grammatical errors, though?

Would you be upset if you hired someone to write a report and the report was totally mangled English to the point it was unusable? That’s probably what the buyer got.

We aren’t talking about a missed comma here and there.

We are talking about a horror. This writer doesn’t even know to capitalize the pronoun “I”.

Did she promise a report without grammatical errors, though?

Would you be upset if you hired someone to write a report and the report was totally mangled English to the point it was unusable? That’s probably what the buyer got.

We aren’t talking about a missed comma here and there.

We are talking about a horror. This writer doesn’t even know to capitalize the pronoun “I”.

the report was totally mangled English to the point it was unusable? That’s probably what the buyer got.

I’m not so sure, her writing is full of mistakes, but I have no trouble understanding what she’s saying. And she’s providing market research and competitor analysis, not writing articles or books.

Of course it would be better if it was in proper English (especially considering her prices), I’m just not sure what are the exact requirements for this type of job. If the analysis is really good and if it provides the buyer with the information they can use, and if the English isn’t so bad that it’s impossible to understand, bad grammar might be less important (EDIT: though the “I’m totally confident about the grammar” is, well, I better not comment on that).

the report was totally mangled English to the point it was unusable? That’s probably what the buyer got.

I’m not so sure, her writing is full of mistakes, but I have no trouble understanding what she’s saying. And she’s providing market research and competitor analysis, not writing articles or books.

Of course it would be better if it was in proper English (especially considering her prices), I’m just not sure what are the exact requirements for this type of job. If the analysis is really good and if it provides the buyer with the information they can use, and if the English isn’t so bad that it’s impossible to understand, bad grammar might be less important (EDIT: though the “I’m totally confident about the grammar” is, well, I better not comment on that).

My opinion is that if someone is hiring themself out as a writer they should know how to use the language. This isn’t small mistakes. This is mangled. Broken English. It would need a total rewrite to the point of changing almost everything.

I would expect any report I had hired someone to write would be good enough to post on my website without any corrections at all.

I would be upset to get this kind of thing from someone I had hired. I would expect a refund. Just my opinion and of course others might feel it was ok.

My opinion is that if someone is hiring themself out as a writer they should know how to use the language. This isn’t small mistakes. This is mangled. Broken English. It would need a total rewrite to the point of changing almost everything.

I would expect any report I had hired someone to write would be good enough to post on my website without any corrections at all.

I would be upset to get this kind of thing from someone I had hired. I would expect a refund. Just my opinion and of course others might feel it was ok.

My opinion is that if someone is hiring themself out as a writer they should know how to use the language.

Of course. I agree. My question is, is business analysis considered a writing job, or something else? Is her work going to be actually posted anywhere (if it is, of course it’s unacceptable), or is for informational purposes for the business owner and their team, so that they can act upon the data?

My opinion is that if someone is hiring themself out as a writer they should know how to use the language.

Of course. I agree. My question is, is business analysis considered a writing job, or something else? Is her work going to be actually posted anywhere (if it is, of course it’s unacceptable), or is for informational purposes for the business owner and their team, so that they can act upon the data?

Oh I see what you mean. I still think it’s not acceptable to turn in a report like that. I expect that someone who writes reports for a fee would be a decent writer.

Archived