So many scammers on Fiverr

mattkvo

I’ve only been on Fiverr a few days. In that brief time I’ve had 2 contacts, both claiming they wanted " a long term buissness" relationship. They iether wanted to talk about the job on Discord or Google hangoutouts.
Both times, it turns out, were completely unrelated to my gig.
What they wanted was to remotely access my PC, for a fee, to do whatever is they do.
I politely said I was NOT interested and stopped communicating at that point.
Anyone else have dealt with/ are dealing with this?
Perhaps because I’m new with no work or credits yet?

• Like 5

Every time you get a invitation to communicate outside of Fiverr - just answer that it’s against Fiverr ToS and Fiverr will automatically detect him and block access to write again to you.

and Fiverr will automatically detect him and block access to write again to you.

No. You need to report the user. Fiverr doesn’t automatically detect scammers.

• Like 8

and Fiverr will automatically detect him and block access to write again to you.

No. You need to report the user. Fiverr doesn’t automatically detect scammers.

I just mentioned the phrase “outside of Fiverr” and then the box appeared that Fiverr is reviewing this message and after that they approved my message but blocked my Buyer - he can’t chat with me right now.

If you have talked to them outside of Fiverr, you broke the rules.

have talked to them outside of Fiverr, y

whenever someone said they wanna do long time business but need first project for free or like trial, just avoid them, i had scammed 3/4 time by this way

I didnt know, I just reported them to Fiverrs customer service email.

What do I do now?

Hope for the best, and if they warn you not to break the rules again, promise them you won’t.

Also, read Fiverr’s Terms of Service, so you can avoid breaking the rules again.

• Like 5

I just mentioned the phrase “outside of Fiverr” and then the box appeared that Fiverr is reviewing this message and after that they approved my message but blocked my Buyer - he can’t chat with me right now.

Is it fixed for you? Sorry your replying to me caused a problem.

I appreciate your response.

• Like 1

I’ve only been on Fiverr a few days. In that brief time I’ve had 2 contacts, both claiming they wanted " a long term buissness" relationship. They iether wanted to talk about the job on Discord or Google hangoutouts.

Both times, it turns out, were completely unrelated to my gig.

What they wanted was to remotely access my PC, for a fee, to do whatever is they do.

I politely said I was NOT interested and stopped communicating at that point.

Anyone else have dealt with/ are dealing with this?

Perhaps because I’m new with no work or credits yet?

Simply report for outside contact attempt and block him so your response rate does not suffer.

• Like 1

You need to fully read the TOS. I’m clueless as to why anyone would risk their account by skipping or skimming the terms. You and you alone are in charge of your freelancing career, take the extra 15 minutes to read and safeguard your future.

• Like 3

You need to fully read the TOS. I’m clueless as to why anyone would risk their account by skipping or skimming the terms. You and you alone are in charge of your freelancing career, take the extra 15 minutes to read and safeguard your future.

Thanks. I’ve got it now.

👍

This guy messaged me the other day and he wanted to send files via Dropbox. When I clicked on the link it took me to a login page which looked identical to Dropbox. But I checked the link in the address bar and it wasn’t one from Drobox. He’s just trying to steal people’s gmail login information by pretending to send files for a Fiverr order. When I replied pretending that the link was broken and not working for me, he disappeared so fast. Really hope no other seller fell for it…

• Like 7

This guy messaged me the other day and he wanted to send files via Dropbox. When I clicked on the link it took me to a login page which looked identical to Dropbox. But I checked the link in the address bar and it wasn’t one from Drobox. He’s just trying to steal people’s gmail login information by pretending to send files for a Fiverr order. When I replied pretending that the link was broken and not working for me, he disappeared so fast. Really hope no other seller fell for it…

Ohh man @mattkvo , it’s happend to me all the time , if a buyer really want to buy from you he/she will never contact you outside of the fiverr until it’s really necessary .

So please stay away from such buyers and keep working on what you are doing you will get good buyers soon.

Best of luck

Sorry for any grammer mistake

Thanks

• Like 1

Watch out for attachments as well, specially on the buyer requests page and when you download something odd, run it through virustotal. I’ve found some trojan infected files before.

Yeah and some buyer requests are actually spams with there own link.

One thing to add: if a scam or spam reaches your inbox, you better first respond asap in order to not ruin your response time and then report their message to Fiverr (in inbox). I have had a bad experience once with such a message that was not answered that is why I suggest so. Also Fiverr changes the rules from time to time. So, just in case, better respond asap by saying e.g. “Hi, this is against the TOS, thanks for your offer but no!” or something similar and then report.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...